Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2010, 15:59   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijitaparadh View Post
There are many good places to eat out in Pune. Pune members please share your thoughts

I am starting with some of my favorites:

1) South Indian: Vaishali/ Roopali on FC road
2) Kebabs: Bombay Brasserie, Dhole Patil Road
3) Italian: La Dolce Vita, Dhole Patil Road
4) Chinese: Mainland China, Dhole Patil Road
5) Paranthas: Nandu's, Chaitanya
6) Chaat: Manmeet, FC road
7) Bun-muska, broon bread: Cafe Goodluck, Deccan

I am still to find a good seafood restaurant and a good punjabi restaurant in Pune.
Seafood is OK at: Mahesh Lunch Home
Punjabi: Again Bombay Brasserie or Chingari in Le Meridian.

but none of them is great!
vaishali/roopali- always wondered what the hype about them is all about! both serve very ordinary "south indian" (read what non-south indians think to be south indian food )

last weekend went to FC road after a looong time, came across an interesting restaurant named "by the way" or was it "just by the way"
interesting decor and quite good food (tasty and rather big servings ) ..the only hitch was that the waiter got our spaghetti with a different sauce than what we had ordered...though this was replaced quite fast

recommended
Old 22nd July 2010, 16:50   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trakesht View Post
Vasili/ripple- always wondered what the hype about them is all about! both serve very ordinary "south indian" (read what non-south indians think to be south indian food )

last weekend went to FC road after a looong time, came across an interesting restaurant named "by the way" or was it "just by the way"
interesting decor and quite good food (tasty and rather big servings ) ..the only hitch was that the waiter got our spaghetti with a different sauce than what we had ordered...though this was replaced quite fast

recommended
Hey Rakesh,
Where exactly is this new food joint you recently visited?
By the looks of it, the big servings & tasty too: caught my attention
Old 22nd July 2010, 17:00   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
Hey Rakesh,
Where exactly is this new food joint you recently visited?
By the looks of it, the big servings & tasty too: caught my attention
hmm..it was somewhere between that petrol pump and Chaitanya, was just walking by so really did not notice any landmarks
Old 23rd July 2010, 11:26   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trakesht View Post
vaishali/roopali- always wondered what the hype about them is all about! both serve very ordinary "south indian" (read what non-south indians think to be south indian food )
If you are a Punekar you would not be asking this question.
Most of the south indian folks I know do not like the sambhar served there while I have often not enjoyed sambhar as its made in the south. - I (and many others) grew up eating dosa/uthappa/sambhar of roopali/vaishali. Also it was a college hang-out which adds even more sentimental value to the place - although I do not frequent it thesedays, its become a mess with "large families" hogging all the tables in evenings (infact went years when i did not visit the place, only re-discovered it in the last few years) I still do prefer it than any other S.Indian/Udupi restaurent in Pune
Old 23rd July 2010, 12:00   #140
BHPian

^+1 I love the Sambhar they serve at Vaishali. Being quite close to my college, this place almost became like my canteen because we frequented it so often.
Old 8th August 2010, 12:59   #141
BHPian

Didn't see any mention of these ones...

1. Mirch Masala - Dahanukar area. Good ambience, reasonable pricing. Amongst the non-veg starters, Shola Kabab gets my vote.
2. Spice'n'Ice - Only Delivery/Takeaway. This in Bavdhan, opp petrol pump. Unbelievable pricing, humongous quantity, great quality. Try the Tandoori Chicken (already making plans for tonight). Manchow soup is good, lots of veggies provided.
3. Barbeque Nation (Wakad one, Sayaji Terrace) : Total value for money for meat eaters. Went for a party couple of days ago and the entire group felt that the hotel probably made negative profit from us.

Pointers to any place selling bagel-cream cheese will be appreciated. Kids love that stuff.

Need to get some cakes ? Try Richie's (Aditya Shagun Mall) - I found them to have a pretty good variety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
Guys ,

I have recently opened a 'bikers cafe' near chandni chowk in Pune , The Moto Cafe . Its in Aditya Shagun Mall , Bavdhan on the NDA Pashan road . If possible , please come over and let me know what do you think about it.

EDIT : its in the same complex where Trikaya is
Hmm - somewhere inside? will come by some time...

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Technocrat : 12th August 2010 at 20:52. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 8th August 2010, 14:39   #142
BHPian

Pune food joints needs to have mention of Missal

as a northener, I desisted it earlier and now I just don't get tired of it

here are some good Misal joints to my knowledge

- Bedekar
- Hotel Ramnath, Tilak Road
- Shree Uphargruha, Sadashiv peth
- Vaidya Uphargruha, Raviwar peth
- Kata Kir on Karve road, opp Garware collage
- Shrikrishna misal At Tulshibag
- Badshahi restaurant at Tilak road
- Nevle, Chinchwad
- Sanjay Hotel, Saradwadi, Ranjangaon, Nagar Rd.
- Umbraj Hotel, Junnar
- Nisarg, Kalewadi Phata, Chinchwad

I came across another list which talks of Missal joints of Maharashta, do check out
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Pune-misal.jpg  

Old 9th August 2010, 12:09   #143
BHPian

Anupam, you know a lot of Misal joints for a Northerner I love Misal and I have been to most of these places and am always on the lookout for other good ones!
Bedekar and Shree are a couple who I have been to many many times from my college days - now not as often as I stay far away from that area.

mmxylorider - Richie's quality is very good for most things including their cakes but it is quite expensive compared to other chain cake shops.

Moto Cafe is right NEXT to Richie's! and I have to say it is a good place to sit/read/have a frappe

Last edited by Abhay : 9th August 2010 at 12:10.
Old 9th August 2010, 12:18   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
Pune food joints needs to have mention of Missal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
I love Misal and I have been to most of these places and am always on the lookout for other good ones!
you guys made me hungry!!!

Misal pav and Rajababu is inseparable combination.

Btw, has anyone tried the bhel at pandharicha pul on nagar-aurangabad highway?

if not, do try it when you get a chance.
Old 9th August 2010, 18:37   #145
BHPian

I'd been to Bhuleshwar some time back and stopped at a place called 'Kanchan'. This was just before Yavat on Solapur road before the right turn for Bhuleshwar/Saswad.

Found a very good spread for breakfast (or maybe we were plain hungry ), nice clean restrooms and attention to hygiene. Cooks had the chef's hat, aprons and all.
Old 9th August 2010, 22:28   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Anupam, you know a lot of Misal joints for a Northerner I love Misal and I have been to most of these places and am always on the lookout for other good ones!
well!! all I can say is that a foodie knows no boundaries

btw, if Missal is your thing then there is one joint in the lane apposite KEM hospital which has a small joint which I rate as number 1 wrt to taste and degree of heat
did not mention here as I don't really remember the name, but till date have not found anyone better than him, if you are not familiar with the place then next time when I visit that joint, I will share the exact coordinates, or I can guide you with the directions on phone if you can't wait, PM me for my number
Old 10th August 2010, 14:23   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam View Post
well!! all I can say is that a foodie knows no boundaries

btw, if Missal is your thing then there is one joint in the lane apposite KEM hospital which has a small joint which I rate as number 1 wrt to taste and degree of heat
did not mention here as I don't really remember the name, but till date have not found anyone better than him, if you are not familiar with the place then next time when I visit that joint, I will share the exact coordinates, or I can guide you with the directions on phone if you can't wait, PM me for my number
The name is Shree Kala Misal. And its amazing..! Beware, only open till afternoon..
Old 10th August 2010, 14:41   #148
BHPian

So I need to plan a raid on that place sometime then
Old 12th August 2010, 20:48   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
The name is Shree Kala Misal. And its amazing..! Beware, only open till afternoon..
Bingo!!,,yes Cyclops, you got it there and I guess it is open until 4pm, btw, that area is mini tamilnadu

Quote:
So I need to plan a raid on that place sometime then
maybe we need to gather the misal fans out here and visit all misal joints one by one, I am sure it would be one helluva trip..

but on the serious note, Abahay, do visit it and give the review as anyway you standing on the weekend, could be an excellent saturday breakfast
Old 13th August 2010, 13:56   #150
BHPian

@ Anupam,

Im very much intrested in visiting the following place:

Nisarg, Kalewadi Phata, Chinchwad

Could you please provide the directions / Landmarks ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks