Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2007, 20:27   #76
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz View Post
nither of the places permit you to BYOB! and if im not wrong, they dont serve tandoori chicken!
Quote:
Originally Posted by swale84 View Post
Are you sure?? The last time I went to Bashos was a year ago, they certainly let you carry your own booze then.

Carnivl allowed you to BYOB up till a approx a month or two ago some coleagues had gone there around then)
Basho's allow you to. Carnival doesn't. There is one more place next to Carnival named Cadenza which allows you to BYOB.
Old 20th December 2007, 20:34   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Basho's allow you to. Carnival doesn't. There is one more place next to Carnival named Cadenza which allows you to BYOB.
Thanks for clearing out the confusion maadi!
Old 27th December 2007, 13:14   #78
BHPian

Cad-b & Cad-m

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMP View Post
Wow what a thread!
@amya - thats a comprehensive list you got there, some of them i didn't even know that they existed so close to me! hehe.

Guys, the cadbury shake (CAD-B,CAD-M) near karishma society is awesome. A must try.
I tried the CAD(M) last weekend. That is the best thing in life i have ever tasted till now. Has left an indelible mark in my mind.
I usually dont go into super-superlatives, but the CAD's really blew my mind away.
Old 14th February 2008, 18:02   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Wanted to take some friends around 12 to a place DHABHA kinds where you can carry your own booze and get served HOT tandoori and has to be around Nagar road, Koregaon park basically this side of town this is the criteria.!
Quote:
you are asking for the impossible!!

though, if you do find such a place, please post up! it will help a lot of us!
Actually there are few dhabas, though not on Nagar Road.

Three places that immediately come to mind are:

a) Veer Da Dhaba : It is approimately 15 kms from Chandani Chowk, going towards Hinjewadi. It is between Pashankar Auto showroom and Hotel Sadanand and is on the right side of highway. Don't go there on weekends as it gets too crowded and food quality takes a nosedive.

b) Bhajan Singh Dhaba : This one is on the old Bombay Pune highway. It is three/four kms from the Dehu Road Octroi post Bombay. Again on the right side going towards Mumbai.

c) The best of the lot is Babi Daa Dhaba at Kamshet : It is approx 40 kms from Chandni Chowk towards Mumbai, just before the Toni da Dhaba on the Old Bombay Pune highway. I promise this won't disappoint you, whether you opt for veg or non veg food. From the simple Baingan Bharta to Paneer Tikka to Chicken Tandoor and Mutton Masala, the food is simply delicious. If you don't like the food, paisa vaapas!

And one can carry their own drinks at all these places.

Moral, we can have the next Pune meet at Babi, what say?
Old 20th April 2008, 11:24   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaAT View Post

a) Veer Da Dhaba : It is approimately 15 kms from Chandani Chowk, going towards Hinjewadi. It is between Pashankar Auto showroom and Hotel Sadanand and is on the right side of highway. Don't go there on weekends as it gets too crowded and food quality takes a nosedive.
Actually that Veer da dhaba has been razed to the ground, was probably an illegal construction. So was the dhaba next to it, Tinku da dhabha.

Anyways they opened another joint some time back just before the showroom. You will have to climb the slope to get to it if you are coming via the highway. Otherwise you can use the bridge over the highway from Pashan. It is just after the bridge.
Old 22nd August 2008, 15:10   #81
BHPian

A very interesting blog in this regard is the following:

Pune Foodie Restaurants

One will find good reviews there.

One of the places I like in Pune, is Squisito in Koregaon Park. It's a nice place, you can watch something on the live screen (I was there during IPL semis), the dishes are well-thought and owner takes personal attention to serve you the right things.
Old 22nd August 2008, 15:23   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
I recommend The Klove, on 4th floor, above Ozone in Aundh, for Pure veg Rajasthani food. Best part about this place is nobody seem to be know about it and its not crowded at all.
Klove has been closed for renovation . My guess is that the closure is more permanent in nature because we were the only customers there most of the time
Old 16th September 2008, 09:52   #83
Senior - BHPian

Had taken my wife on a surprise dinner yesterday. Thanks to TBHP, I got to know about "Aloha" restaurant. The ambiance was good as we were early birds. I overall liked the place. I was bored with Garden Court, Up n Above, Oasis, Swami, Kalinga, Swad, Abhishek, Samudra, Span executive, Girija kind of hotels.

Decided to have something different from usual "tadka" dishes. And then my wifey was asking me to her out for Italian food since ages now. So ordered Italian food. This was my first time of having Italian food. (Apart from couple of occasions of having Pasta n Spaghetti).

So while having MoM of the day we had following items:

1. Minstrone ala Milanese soup - Tomato soup with cheese and garlic n etc
I liked it very much. Even wifey was happy for having tried a different soup all together.

2. Nachos something something - Cheese as a topping on the nachos with yellow thick gravy. - It was good in test. We both liked it.

3. Spaghetti - with Monodora sauce and fresh vegetables as toppings. - It was a so-so dish. Very thick gravy with cheese. A bit sweet in test. Somehow wifey liked it

So overall a wonderful dinner with good ambiance for 285/-. Overall food quality qas good. I would definitely recommend this hotel to everybody. Not very expensive and good food. May be next time I will Indian food here to find out if it is equally good.

Last edited by neoonwheels : 16th September 2008 at 09:54.
Old 16th September 2008, 10:05   #84
BHPian

For some authentic italian food, one must try Casanova - located right in front of Gold Adlabs. Coming down from the koregaon park side of the bridge, you see it right in front.
They have some real good wine and cigar collection. A bit pricey, but for authentic italian food it seems a perfect. Owned by the Little Italy ( La Pizzeria ) guy - but am not too sure about this.

Also, has anyone been to Zafran's on airport road ??
Old 16th September 2008, 11:05   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar View Post

Also, has anyone been to Zafran's on airport road ??
Yup, been there a couple of times, once for dinner & the other times for the lunch buffet with some other team bhpians.

Fabulous Indian food, the best Daal Makhani I have eaten EVER.

Buffet is pretty reasonable too, just under 300 bucks on weekdays.
Old 16th September 2008, 18:37   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swale84 View Post
Yup, been there a couple of times, once for dinner & the other times for the lunch buffet with some other team bhpians.

Fabulous Indian food, the best Daal Makhani I have eaten EVER.

Buffet is pretty reasonable too, just under 300 bucks on weekdays.
That's a weekend for you!
Old 30th November 2008, 18:02   #87
BHPian

try ....
Chang's for Chinese in Viman Nagar
Barbeque Nation for Kebabs behind Dass Electronics, Nagar Rd., Kalyani Ngr.
Northern Frontier for Kashmiri behind Dass Electronics, Nagar Rd., Kalyani Ngr.
King Burger for Large Greasy n Slurpy Burgers just before ABC forms in Koregaon Park
Cheese Club/Chocolate Sandwhich near Hanuman Mandir off M.G.Road
Kalyan Bhel for Bhel near Salunke Vihar on the corner building at the signal
Shankar's for PaniPuri near Shivaji Market
Old 1st January 2009, 12:39   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Some of the BEST thai food I've eaten in india was at a small restaurant at Boat club road, called Thai House.

Managed by Joe (he's thai) and his wife(thai too), it is a small eatery that they run. It is not uncommon to see Joe take the order and his wife run to the kitchen to execute the order. The place is beautiful and quaint and perfect to take a girlfriend, family or even a group of friends.
They often serve very authentic juices, imported from Thailand quite often.I do not think they serve any alcohol.

Joe himself goes prawn shopping every day and the quality and size of the prawns are amazing. I suggest Thai House, it's next to just baked and don't forget to say SawadeeKhap to them.
They have now shifted to Bahu Patil Road from Boat Club Road. It is located just after the Pune IT Park in the Raviraj Heritage building. I love their food. They are moderately priced too (most of the dishes costing between Rs. 120 and 190). They have a set lunch menu both veg & non-veg starting from Rs. 129 onwards.

Last edited by pjbiju : 1st January 2009 at 12:42.
Old 1st January 2009, 14:59   #89
BHPian

Authentic Kerala food in Pune

What options do we have for authentic south indian food, especially Kerala food in Pune?
Old 2nd January 2009, 14:56   #90
BHPian

Ok -- ran through the 6 pages . I stay at Chinchwad and have been hunting for a good thai restaurant ( with veggie options ) for quite a while. The ones in Kalyani nagar and Koregaon park are way too off to go for lunch. I am planning to take my wife out for Dinner during our wedding anniv and hence the request. Do reply or PM me pointers.

thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks