Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you support the lockdown extension?
Yes 299 47.46%
No 244 38.73%
I'm unsure 87 13.81%
Voters: 630. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2020, 15:07   #1141
BHPian

re: India on full lockdown. Edit: Now extended with relaxations till June 30, 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyata View Post
This is a view that applies to every country under the current situation of 'lockdowns'. I doubt if many of the business owners in India will ever receive any impactful benefits from the government although they are expected to keep paying salaries while they continue facing uncertainties (now and later) about getting revenues
None of the business owners are going to get any benefits from the government as always but they are expected to keep paying salaries,support their staff. I have known a few people who are not able to keep up with only rentals,forget about supporting staff welfare. They can support only if the government supports them.
For instance - I had called my landlord to waive off the rent fully or partially whatever was possible, he refused which I feel is ok. And I am well aware he has a big emi to pay for which he is dependent on the rentals he receives.
The government monotorium is of no use as he ultimately has to pay it. It is not waived off.
The government expects him to waive off rents, expects us to pay salaries but they do not want to do anything to support it !

Last edited by hareshjethwani : 25th April 2020 at 15:25.
hareshjethwani is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 25th April 2020, 15:31   #1142
PPS
Senior - BHPian

re: India on full lockdown. Edit: Now extended with relaxations till June 30, 2020

Mumbai & Pune are in for the long haul !

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/75367785.cms

Quote:
Mumbai and Pune Metropolitan region may continue to be under lockdown well beyond May 3. Maharashtra government officials said with the number of cases in the city and neighbouring areas increasing, parts of the state would continue to remain under lockdown at least till June. “As of now, there is no question of lifting the lockdown in Mumbai and Pune MMR region. In fact, with the rising numbers, there may be a need to tighten restrictions,” said a state government official.
PPS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2020, 15:42   #1143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
would a small-time store owner want to stock up if he doesn't know he'll even stay open long enough to recover his costs? Wouldn't he be justified in keeping his meager finances for his immediate family's needs, instead of tying it up in goods he may not be able to sell?
Yea, tough choices. Totally agree. One one hand he needs to have some means of continue getting some income and on the other hand there is risk of losing the savings in procuring good he may not be able to sell.

The bakery guys near my apartment have also made efforts to reach out to apartment complexes in the area he can serve - supply goods including water. Few of the senior citizens around have benefited (mutual) from this. At least one bakery guy has also expanded into getting medications for those sr citizens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hareshjethwani View Post
waive off the rent fully or partially whatever was possible...he has a big emi to pay for which he is dependent on the rentals he receives.
The government monotorium is of no use as he ultimately has to pay it. It is not waived off.
The government expects him to waive off rents, expects us to pay salaries but they do not want to do anything to support it !
My tenant in NCR region is in hospitality business. I am expecting to receive a message/call from him any time now to negotiate on the monthly rent. Since I have no running EMIs, I am totally fine missing out on the rent for few months. He is a very good chap and if need be, I will certainly help him out in any small way I can.

I do understand, as you rightly mentioned, if there was a running EMI, I may not have been able to extend him any help.
Miyata is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th April 2020, 17:35   #1144
BHPian

A person was attacked on suspicion of being a covid patient!

Quote:
The men suspected him of being a Covid-19 patient and attacked him, causing him to fall into a gutter and die, the official said.
Already doctors and medical workers have been attacked, accusing them of spreading the virus. Now common people are being attacked for "coughing"!
GeneralJazz is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th April 2020, 18:37   #1145
BHPian

https://www.newindianexpress.com/cit...y-2135162.html

Look at what they have done by announcing just a day before and created a panic putting all the efforts in vain !
Any particular reason this decision was taken? I know it's for reduction of spread but why now?
hareshjethwani is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2020, 20:01   #1146
Distinguished - BHPian

No job loss, no salary cuts assures Skoda-Volkswagen, Renault India and MG Motor India.

Skoda Volkswagen India managing director Gurpratap Boparai :
Quote:
wanted to first attempt the most difficult things — reducing structural costs and overheads. But there would be no job or pay cuts.
Quote:
We have already communicated to our employees that we will not reduce jobs or salaries; bonuses for the past year will also be paid. The management will be working overtime to reduce other structural and fixed costs,” he said, adding: “We will continue to hire for critical jobs related to the India 2.0 project.
Link
Old 25th April 2020, 20:05   #1147
Senior - BHPian

Any clarity on what shops can be open in Delhi from tomorrow? Also is it specific to Delhi or complete NCR?
News channels aren't giving proper info for now.
Old 25th April 2020, 20:20   #1148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Any clarity on what shops can be open in Delhi from tomorrow? Also is it specific to Delhi or complete NCR?
To be honest, the answer to this question is quite bleak and uncertain. As the Covid19 cases to surface area ratio of Delhi is quite high, maximum steps will be taken to limit the people from gathering at a particular place like ration shops and related amenities.

Expect the minimum!
Rshrey22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2020, 21:39   #1149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yd_gli View Post
The lockdown is now morphing into a comedy show.. and the recent ambulance episode in TN takes the cake.
It definitely does take the cake!

Perfect response to deliberate non-compliance.

They should thank the cops who made them so famous overnight.
Safety is Param is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2020, 21:55   #1150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
From a headline on a news channel, this will not be applicable to Delhi. All shops except necessities will remain closed. Not sure about other capital regions.

There is big confusion due to all this news. People in the local market here were roaming as if there was no lockdown ever in place. Govt should clarify and make their orders clear to avoid any further mess due to this!
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2020, 21:56   #1151
Team-BHP Support

^^

Wait till you see this. It appears they are competing with every other state. And see the comments

https://mobile.twitter.com/DgpChdPol...16219834916866
Turbanator is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 25th April 2020, 22:17   #1152
BHPian

Till we have established a definite treatment to it, it is best advised to stay indoors and use all necessary precautions. Wash all vegetables with soap water, sterilise whatever you order online before allowing them inside. We keep all those items in our car’s boot for 2 days and then bring them inside after washing.

Even if the lockdown doesn’t get extended due to financial losses etc. I’d suggest those who don’t belong to medical or police force, should stay inside for the sake for their family members.
dr.aviansh is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th April 2020, 00:11   #1153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post
Guys the water filter i use might use up its cartridge very shortly.
I am in a similar dilemma. The water filter cartridge is gone and water is leaking from the filter. All local stores are closed and the same is not available in any e commerce website as it's deemed non essential. How can water filter or cartridge be non essential? I don't know what to do in the current scenario.
Old 26th April 2020, 02:16   #1154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here goes Harry.

https://www.news18.com/news/india/de...s-2592641.html

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2020, 07:46   #1155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordlover88 View Post
I am in a similar dilemma. The water filter cartridge is gone and water is leaking from the filter. All local stores are closed and the same is not available in any e commerce website as it's deemed non essential. How can water filter or cartridge be non essential? I don't know what to do in the current scenario.
https://onsitego.com/

Try these guys.
mayankk is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks