Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Et Cetera
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2017, 10:40   #9856
BHPian

The Official Joke thread

Recently had been to a family wedding where I wanted to try out portrait mode in my new dual camera phone. So I asked my petrolhead cousin to take our ( me & my son's) photo in portrait mode
P.S. was incidentally standing in front of my relative's Audi A4 at that time. and this is the result
Attached Thumbnails
The Official Joke thread-portrait-mode.jpeg  

Old 11th December 2017, 11:27   #9857
BHPian

Re: The Official Joke thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Bangaloreans & people familiar with Bangalore can understand this one:

Attachment 1704616

Note:
seriously, this is not PP'ed. Taken straight off g-maps just now

Still G maps showing the same. Probably in near future there would be more people(politicians) seeking to get tickets(election) would be thronging this place than majestic bus stand.
Old 11th December 2017, 18:10   #9858
Distinguished - BHPian

While browsing amazon for a pull up bar, I came across this gem of a review.
Attached Thumbnails
The Official Joke thread-temp.png  

Old 12th December 2017, 14:49   #9859
BHPian

A WhatsApp forward, simply hilarious!!
Attached Thumbnails
The Official Joke thread-slowspeed-pulsar.jpg  

Old 16th December 2017, 07:16   #9860
Senior - BHPian

This one had me in splits!
Attached Thumbnails
The Official Joke thread-image11.png  

Old 16th December 2017, 10:19   #9861
Senior - BHPian

Few decades back, people would just begin to build a house, or plan a foreign vacation or buy a big car around the time they turned forty. This has now galloped backwards to the twenties. You are done and dusted with all these pretty early. The result: you are twiddling your thumbs at forty. It feels like sixty already. It is BORING!

There hope; at least, old people get respect. But, those who have to give that respect have disappeared. There are no servile, ...grinning juniors offering to carry your bag or fetch you coffee at office. They have been replaced by headphone-secured, gum-chewing Gen Y kids whose most vital goal is to make you feel like you are 100 years old. That is when you go buy yourself a Harley, or at least, a Bullet and a leather jacket. Now, you look both old and stupid.

Seeking thrill becomes your singular objective. But, there are only so many times that you can party, or fantasize start-up ideas or go to Thailand with the “boys” ! So, what do you do at forty?

Not all become entrepreneurs or go biking in Leh. They don’t have the wife’s permission. Their sphere of influence is limited to where to buy the bhindi from, as long as she determines the quantity, size and the exact shade of green.

What do you do at forty? Other than getting drunk every weekend and threatening to quit your job to become a farmer? You already have a house, and another one on rent. You have two cars. You have a holiday time-share. You even have life insurance. And it's not that you are going to jump to an entirely league and get yourself a yacht and a mistress. Where will you keep them?

So, basically you are stuck right here, in this very league, that is beginning to stink. You need some freshness. You want new. You wonder if you should be a foodie/food blogger. How about an amateur photographer? Or a musician. But, all of these cost money. You are at your wit's end.

You want to run away from it all.

Wait, did someone say 'run'?

Yes. And, that's how the weekend marathon runner, weekend cyclist and bikers are born....!!!

Last edited by Chethan B G : 16th December 2017 at 10:27.
Old 16th December 2017, 11:45   #9862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
Yes. And, that's how the weekend marathon runner, weekend cyclist and bikers are born....!!!

This is seriously hilarious. Just to also give credits to the author here is the link https://rachnaunedited.wordpress.com.../running-away/
Old 16th December 2017, 19:11   #9863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
This is seriously hilarious. Just to also give credits to the author here is the link https://rachnaunedited.wordpress.com.../running-away/
Thanks!

I had received this as a whatsapp forward. Did not know the author.
Old 22nd December 2017, 16:08   #9864
BHPian

This is an old one, not sure if it has been posted earlier.
A Tata Nano breaks down on a roadside.
A man in a BMW 750Li... stops to help the Nano driver.
"I will tow you to the next service station, but if I drive too fast please flash your head-lights"
They start up slowly but only a km or so down the line a sporty Porsche car speeds past at 150km/hr....
The BMW drivers ego is hurt, he totally forgets about the little Nano towed behind & races after the Porsche...
Just as all 3 of them fly & tear through a speed trap, the traffic cop radios his HeadQuarters:
"Calling all stations :: You won't believe this, I just saw a BMW & a Porsche racing past at about 195km/hr, with a Tata-Nano right behind & madly flashing its lights to Overtake them......
Old 28th December 2017, 22:02   #9865
Senior - BHPian

Credit to the original creator who - thanks to the deviousness of social media - sadly remains unknown.
Attached Thumbnails
The Official Joke thread-img20171228wa0078.jpg  

Old 2nd January 2018, 19:48   #9866
Oxy
BHPian

The photographer for a national magazine was assigned to get photos of a great forest fire.

Smoke at the scene was too thick to get any good shots, so he frantically called his home office to hire a plane.

"It will be waiting for you at the airport!" he was assured by his editor.

As soon as he got to the small, rural airport, sure enough, a plane was warming up near the runway.

He jumped in with his equipment and yelled, "Let's go! Let's go!"

The pilot swung the plane into the wind and soon they were in the air.

"Fly over the north side of the fire," said the photographer, "and make three or four low level passes."

"Why?" asked the pilot.

"Because I'm going to take pictures! I'm a photographer, and photographers take pictures!" said the photographer with great exasperation.

After a long pause the pilot said, "You mean you're not the instructor?"
Old 3rd January 2018, 09:08   #9867
Senior - BHPian

The Official Joke thread

Common people party on New Year Eve,
Rajinikanth founds a party on New Year Eve.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 3rd January 2018 at 09:10.
Old 4th January 2018, 21:40   #9868
Team-BHP Support

My first post on this thread! Got this as a forward

Sign of times to come! No pun intended !

The Official Joke thread-whatsapp-image-20180104-21.38.24.jpeg
Old 5th January 2018, 16:28   #9869
BHPian

AN ACTUAL CRAIG'S LIST PERSONALS AD

To the Guy Who Tried to Mug Me in Downtown Savannah night before last.

Date: 2017-01-17, 1:43 am. E.S.T.

I was the guy wearing the black Burberry jacket that you demanded that I hand over, shortly after you pulled the knife on me and my girlfriend, threatening our lives. You also asked for my girlfriend's purse and earrings. I can only hope that you somehow come across this rather important message.

First, I'd like to apologize for your embarrassment; I didn't expect you to actually crap in your pants when I drew my pistol after you took my jacket.. The evening was not that cold, and I was wearing the jacket for a reason.. my girlfriend was happy that I just returned safely from my 2nd tour as a Combat Marine in Afghanistan .. She had just bought me that Kimber Custom Model 1911 .45 ACP pistol for my birthday, and we had picked up a shoulder holster for it that very evening. Obviously you agree that it is a very intimidating weapon when pointed at your head ... isn't it?!

I know it probably wasn't fun walking back to wherever you'd come from with crap in your pants. I'm sure it
was even worse walking bare-footed since I made you leave your shoes, cell phone, and wallet with me. (That prevented you from calling or running to your buddies to come help mug us again).

After I called your mother or "Momma" as you had her listed in your cell, I explained the entire episode of what you'd done. Then I went and filled up my gas tank as well as those of four other people in the gas station -- on your credit card. The guy with the big motor home took 153 gallons and was extremely grateful!

I gave your shoes to a homeless guy outside Vinnie Van Go Go's, along with all the cash in your wallet. [That made his day!]

I then threw your wallet into the big pink "pimp mobile" that was parked at the curb ..... after I broke the windshield and side window and keyed the entire driver's side of the car.

Earlier, I managed to get in two threatening phone calls to the DA's office and one to the FBI, while mentioning President Trump as my possible target. The FBI guy seemed really intense and we had a nice long chat (I guess while he traced your number etc.).

In a way, perhaps I should apologize for not killing you .. but I feel this type of retribution is a far more appropriate punishment for your threatened crime. I wish you well as you try to sort through some of these rather immediate pressing issues, and can only hope that you have the opportunity to reflect upon, and perhaps reconsider, the career path you've chosen to pursue in life.. Remember, next time you might not be so lucky. Have a good day!

Thoughtfully yours,

Semper fi,

Alex
Old 9th January 2018, 18:58   #9870
BHPian

Now THAT is Pole Position! This guy should be in F1
Attached Thumbnails
The Official Joke thread-12794465_10154157934394742_5446358787477483169_n.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks