Old 28th June 2013, 19:55   #586
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
re: Sunglasses you own and wear thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
True,

Kindly suggest where to buy them
There is nowhere in India for Serengetis as far as I know. Maui Jims can be arranged through our pal Beejay.
Old 23rd July 2013, 18:51   #587
BHPian

Guys please let me know whether aviators used to cost 4k 2 years back? Now they are being sold for around 5k. How come the prices have increased so much? It is just a general question and nothing related to my purchase.
Old 24th July 2013, 11:08   #588
Senior - BHPian

Just got a pair of the IDEE aviators. Jet black with black glasses. Obviously, they're not Ray Ban's, but it does the job. I have a very rough use for my sunglasses and IDEE, for its price, are perfect.
Old 24th July 2013, 13:18   #589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Guys please let me know whether aviators used to cost 4k 2 years back? Now they are being sold for around 5k. How come the prices have increased so much? It is just a general question and nothing related to my purchase.
RB3025 is still available for 3090MRP. Most dealers stock the higer variants. You can ask your optician to order if he does not have in stock.
Old 30th July 2013, 11:28   #590
BHPian

Guys I have recently purchased Rayban RB 3483 sunglasses. They are quite good. I was going through the photos of these sunglasses on net and found that the right temple has ' Madein Italy' engraved on the inside but when I checked mine there is no such wordings. So does this means my sunglasses are not genuine?
Old 30th July 2013, 18:59   #591
BHPian

How good or bad are the Police sunglasses ?
Old 30th July 2013, 23:57   #592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
How good or bad are the Police sunglasses ?
I am using one since 4 years. Really good. Not a scratch till now and build is good as well.
Old 31st July 2013, 09:31   #593
Senior - BHPian

I use Porsche Design P8000 sunglasses. Love the design.
Old 31st July 2013, 09:54   #594
Senior - BHPian

Got a MauiJims from Beejay for a friend. He is in love with it and impressed about the brand since it colleagues from US were fans of MauiJims! Gotta get one for myself too.
Old 24th August 2013, 02:05   #595
BHPian

Why 'Maui Jim' sunglasses are cheaper in India, than in US? Here, I see the starting range around $160/- where as the same in India, is around $100/-(i.e around INR 6.5K). Are they manufacturing it elsewhere for Non-US markets?
Old 24th August 2013, 06:36   #596
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Why 'Maui Jim' sunglasses are cheaper in India, than in US? Here, I see the starting range around $160/- where as the same in India, is around $100/-(i.e around INR 6.5K). Are they manufacturing it elsewhere for Non-US markets?
Older stocks in India. Most Distributors find it tough to liquidate stocks season on season and hence end up with a bit of a backlog. Pricing remains proportionate to the prices the product was originally imported at. The selection available here, with the exception of a few styles,would be a season or two behind.
Old 24th August 2013, 10:05   #597
Distinguished - BHPian

I've been using a pair of Salvatore ferragamo aviators for the past two years, polarized.
It's a real boon in the super bright Delhi sunlight.
If any of you are interested, in Delhi, Dayal opticals, in Khan market, the outlet next to axis bank, has an almost perpetual sale on designer sunglasses the year round, with almost 50% discounts.
Old 24th August 2013, 22:16   #598
BHPian

Quote:
Guys I have recently purchased Rayban RB 3483 sunglasses. They are quite good. I was going through the photos of these sunglasses on net and found that the right temple has ' Madein Italy' engraved on the inside but when I checked mine there is no such wordings. So does this means my sunglasses are not genuine?
They manufacture elsewhere - probably China or SE Asia - for the third world. Under license from RayBan, of course, but I feel the quality is a notch lower. Hence the lower price too.
Old 25th August 2013, 21:45   #599
Senior - BHPian

Re: Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Went in for a pair of Polaroid P4240B today. They're aviators, and they're a beautiful shade of bluish grey. Just 3780 bucks.
A new addition to the family. Maui Jim Waterways (in Olive Green). Beautiful polarized sunglasses with a retro frame. Can be worn in the night too. MRP 8.9K, got a 10pct discount.

Sunglasses you own and wear thread-maui-jim-waterways.jpg
Old 26th August 2013, 15:31   #600
Senior - BHPian

Re: Predator

Quote:
Most RB are made in India now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Got a MauiJims from Beejay for a friend. He is in love with it and impressed about the brand since it colleagues from US were fans of MauiJims! Gotta get one for myself too.
You should JK. And thanks for all the referrals that you pass onto me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
The acetate, nylons are made in Japan and the Titaniums and metal are made in Italy. The prices for Mauijim are cheaper in India than in the USof A. the products are the same. The contry of manufacture is inscribed on the frame and the MRP and date of import are mentioned on the outer box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
A new addition to the family. Maui Jim Waterways (in Olive Green). Beautiful polarized sunglasses with a retro frame. Can be worn in the night too. MRP 8.9K, got a 10pct discount.

Attachment 1129013
That is a classic. And in glass to. This one I use for myself.

Your best price would have been 7560. Anyways, this is a good pair. In style and comfort.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks