Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2011, 13:29   #3586
BANNED

re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by konjaril View Post
Spitfire, you just made me giggle in the office.
Another fan, awesome.

Its coming out in the last week of May 2011.

Watch this:

There is no charge for (the above) awesomeness or attractiveness.
Old 25th April 2011, 13:41   #3587
BHPian

^^^ Awesome. now i just cant wait for poh to strike again. On a lighter note, i love all jack black movies. I enjoyed School of rock, Nacho libre (i am ..i am.. i cant get this song out of my head now), i even enjoyed watching be kind rewind.
Old 25th April 2011, 13:52   #3588
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Rango

Wolfheart: Thanks for recommending RANGO. The name appears to be a take off on Django. Is this available in the marketplace on DVD?

And yes, as Newpunter says Fantastic Mr Fox is lovely indeed - an old Roald Dahl children's story, beautifully animated.

I really enjoyed Madagascar 1 but I thought 2 was a bit of a letdown - except for the wicked little Commando Penguins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
Watched Rango last evening. Firstly, this is not a movie for kids nor is it like those Disney films full of emotional overdoses. The movie is about a chameleon who finds it hard to blend in. He reaches a wild west kind of town called Dirt which is inhabited by desert animals. Dirt is in the middle of a major drought and the movie is about a quest for water. Though the movie is animated, it's not over the top like Shrek. Most of the humor is via the screenplay and is quite subtle at times. The animation is gorgeous. Finally someone has made an animated film for a mature audience without the need for cute ( I hate that word), fuzzy characters. Fans of cowboy western movies will really enjoy this film as it pays homage to a lot of the old classics. Good for a one time watch.
6.5 out of 10
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2011, 15:00   #3589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Wolfheart: Thanks for recommending RANGO. The name appears to be a take off on Django. Is this available in the marketplace on DVD?

And yes, as Newpunter says Fantastic Mr Fox is lovely indeed - an old Roald Dahl children's story, beautifully animated.

I really enjoyed Madagascar 1 but I thought 2 was a bit of a letdown - except for the wicked little Commando Penguins.
It's a new movie. I doubt if it'll be available on DVD right now but you might be able to watch it in a theatre 'cos I watched it a few days ago.

Fantastic Mr. Fox seems quite interesting, I'll check it out. Speaking of animated films I have to mention "Spirited Away". It's one of the best animated films that I have ever seen. I would give it a perfect 10 out of 10. Check it out.

PS:Just make sure you don't watch it with young children aged below 12. It's a supernatural tale and can possibly be a bit scary for kids.
Old 25th April 2011, 15:20   #3590
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

thanks - will check on RANGO!
cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfheart View Post
It's a new movie. I doubt if it'll be available on DVD right now but you might be able to watch it in a theatre 'cos I watched it a few days ago.

Fantastic Mr. Fox seems quite interesting, I'll check it out. Speaking of animated films I have to mention "Spirited Away". It's one of the best animated films that I have ever seen. I would give it a perfect 10 out of 10. Check it out.

PS:Just make sure you don't watch it with young children aged below 12. It's a supernatural tale and can possibly be a bit scary for kids.
Old 25th April 2011, 17:14   #3591
BHPian

Fast Five, the 5th part of the Fast And Furious series, will be released in India on 6th May. Now that's something to watch out for
Old 26th April 2011, 13:04   #3592
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
P.S: Next in line " Striking Distance" starring Bruce Willis.Any reviews?
I was pleasantly surprised with this movie. BW is a brooding cop hunting down a serial killer. Though the theme has been done to death in Hollywood, this movie has some good moments and suspense is retained til the end.

Bruce Willis did what he does best. No loud talking but, manages to put up a good show just by his acting.

A good watch

3.5/5

P.S: Next in line is " The Deep End" starring not so popular stars but, seems to be yet another suspense movie.
Old 27th April 2011, 21:15   #3593
BHPian

Watched 'Pursuit of Happyness' ( No, I didn't spell it wrong. ) starring Will Smith and his then little son, Jaden Smith.

I'm not a big movie buff, so don't expect a review like the other ones here.

It's an exaggerated adaptation of the true life struggle story of Chris Gardner. Everything goes wrong for the guy and the way he holds up is really inspiring. The ending really had me smiling as if I was Gardner. I'd recommend it to everyone. A must watch. I don't know much about acting standards and stuff, but I beleive one should watch it plain for the message it delivers.

I'd give it a 5/5 rating.
Old 27th April 2011, 21:20   #3594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteemer View Post
Watched 'Pursuit of Happyness' ( No, I didn't spell it wrong. ) starring Will Smith and his then little son, Jaden Smith.

I'm not a big movie buff, so don't expect a review like the other ones here.

It's an exaggerated adaptation of the true life struggle story of Chris Gardner. Everything goes wrong for the guy and the way he holds up is really inspiring. The ending really had me smiling as if I was Gardner. I'd recommend it to everyone. A must watch. I don't know much about acting standards and stuff, but I beleive one should watch it plain for the message it delivers.

I'd give it a 5/5 rating.

one of my favorite movies..damn movie has me weeping everytime in the the end. damn am such a sissy ! anyway another movie that moves me more than pursuit of happiness is "Forest Gump".
Old 27th April 2011, 22:00   #3595
BHPian

Movie name - The Inside Job ( The film is more like a documentary but since it was released in theatres I am posting it in this thread.)

My Review:

Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse, JP Morgan, Bear and Sterns. Everyone knows them. If you ask anyone about these companies you will surely hear good things. This documentary is about Recession - Who caused it and how did it all happen. Now Recession is one thing I have been trying to understand properly but my lack of financial knowledge prevents me from understanding it properly. One striking thing about this movie is that it holds all the above financial institutions responsible for the recession. Some of the top executives of these institutions are accused in this movie of fraud and money laundering. This documentary is absolutely brilliant and makes you think about the working of these institutions. This is a documentary and the problem with them is that though they are convincing, their authenticity always comes into question.

There are many facts and figures highlighted in the movie which might be true but there is no way of confirming it. But this surely made me more curious about who were actually responsible for recession. Everyone has their own theories about who all are responsible and this documentary gives another point of view. We all heard stories about XYZ getting bankrupt, XYZ is taking over ABC and stuff. But I never came across news that a proper investigation was done in this matter and the criminals were punished. One more issue this documentary raises is that many people working for the government and who are responsible for making finance laws are former executives of the Big finance institutions. Also academicians from prominent US universities are involved in this. The issue of CONFLICT OF INTEREST is also highlighted.
I would recommend everyone to watch this and think about it.
Old 28th April 2011, 17:32   #3596
BHPian

Recently watched the movie Toy Story 3 720p, it was awesome. Never watched the previous versions and gave it a shot, since it was featured in Oscar. Wonderful story line and after watching the movie, taking good care of my teddies.

Today watched the Trailer of Fast and Furious 5. Rock is part of this version and I feel, it packs more action than cars.
Old 29th April 2011, 13:03   #3597
BHPian

Movie - Just Go With It.

I am a huge Adam Sandler fan. Plus it has Jenifer ANiston too. So I had to watch this movie. All in all a decent enough comedy movie. You will see some similarities between this and the Hindi movie Maine Pyaar kyun Kiya ( Salmaan khan and Katrina kaif starrer). This is just a movie you should watch without much expectations. Jeniffer Aniston though 40, looks stunning.
Old 1st May 2011, 09:13   #3598
Distinguished - BHPian

Thor:
Oh boy!This one is a must must watch!
But dont blame the movie and say its all "naatak", if you haven't followed the comics anytime in your life.
Amazing effects, especially loki.
A bit dark, and if there is a screening in non-3d avatar, better catch that.
Nicely building up the marvel universe, these guys are.
captain america's coming out soon.
we'll see a full cast soon, yay!
Old 1st May 2011, 20:15   #3599
Senior - BHPian

Megamind
Megamind (2010) - IMDb

One of the funniest animated movies i had seen. A must watch for animated movie lovers.

Rating -4.5/5
Old 1st May 2011, 20:38   #3600
BHPian

Capitalism: A Love Story

A Michael Moore documentory on the financial meltdown - very similar to "Inside Job" in terms of content. This one has more emotional content into it and a lot of the style similar to "[COLOR=#70579d]Fahrenheit 9/11 [/COLOR]".
Another eye opener into the real state of affairs of US and how good a job US does in propoganda war.

Rating 3.5/5

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks