Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2011, 12:50   #3691
Distinguished - BHPian

The Green Mile-A great movie featuring Tom Hanks and Michael Clarke Duncan,great acting by the cast.

Priceless- A FRENCH romantic comedy starring Audrey Tautou, Gad Elmaleh and Marie-Christine Adam.Its a worth watch.I saw it on Lumiere movies,alas the channel is no more available on Tata Sky.(P.S. - I dont understand French but the subtitles helped me.)

The General- Another romantic comedy,made way back in 1926 starring Buster Keaton.Its an English silent movie with a good story and a hearty laugh ,saw it on UTV WorldMovies yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Isn't this the movie on the Bank robbery? What's the bollywood connection, btw?
The movie begins with casting song as Chhaiyya Chhaiyya by A R Rehman from Dil Se,and the remixed version plays at the end credits!!

Last edited by Rehaan : 30th May 2011 at 20:59. Reason: Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of posting another consecutive post.
Old 27th May 2011, 13:56   #3692
BHPian

re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Isn't this the movie on the Bank robbery? What's the bollywood connection, btw?
This one -

DSC.CUSTOMS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2011, 15:17   #3693
Senior - BHPian

Date night-
Date Night (2010) - IMDb

Watched only cos of Steve Carell and it is an ok movie. Just the usual timepass.

Rating- 2.5/5

Femme Fatale-
Femme Fatale (2002) - IMDb

Its interesting but could have been better. Lotsa nudity so strictly for adults!
Rating -3/5

Inception-
Yes i had seen the first day first show of this movie. However had the pleasure of seeing it again in blue ray and trust me its a whole different experience. try it
Rating- 5/5

Kill the Irishman-
Kill the Irishman (2011) - IMDb

Yes its another mob movie and the story is from the 70's but its definitely worth a watch. Ray Stevenson as Danny greene has given such a brilliant performance. Don't miss it!
Rating -4/5

The Warrior's Way-
The Warrior's Way (2010) - IMDb

Not your usual everyday action movie.Movie has flaws but i liked it cos of its sublime action scenes. Good timepass.

Rating -3.5/5
Old 28th May 2011, 01:24   #3694
Senior - BHPian

SAw following movies last week on Netflix

Salt

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-salt.jpg

The movie is about a CIA operative Evelyn Salt (Angelina Jolie )who was once caught as a spy. One day a Russian Defector come to CIA & tells her that she is a Russian Spy, a special one at that who is part of a massive plan to put English Speaking Spies in America which will do their work in years to come at a specific time & for a specific job.

The movie is about how she escapes & does things (Its difficult to narrate the plot without breaking the suspense ) & makes new discoveries about herself & people around her.

The movie has some nice action sequences but the direction is not very tight. The story seemed to have lot of loopholes & some of the stuff just didn't make any sense.

Rating 3/5

The Sorcerer's Apprentice

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-sa.jpg

The movie is about a Sorcerer (Nicholas Cage) who is searching for a person who will inherit all teh powers of his Master(Merlin). He searches for centuries before finding him in 2000 in Manhattan. A series of events traps the Sorcerer & his enemy(Alfred Molina) for 10 years. So in 2010 they are out again to find Boy whom they found 10 years ago.

Molina's aim is to free Merlin's enemy so that she will perform "The Rising", a spell that will raise sorcerers from the dead and use them to enslave mankind.

Around all this is the story of a boy who is physics nerd & whom Cage must teach some basic tricks of science & magic.

Overall a fun movie to watch with some humor & magic

Rating 3.5/5
Old 28th May 2011, 02:59   #3695
BHPian

district B 13/ Banlieue 13

French movie so it does not strictly qualify for this thread. But we watch it with english sub titles so i am going to slot it in here.

Amazing movie.

Great industrial soundtrack, black comic situations, and insane parkour action. Parkour is this french sport of running/jumping through urban areas.

Do not download the sequel by mistake.

Awesome. watching it again
Old 28th May 2011, 09:04   #3696
Senior - BHPian

The Hangover II - This one has it all - down on the Bangkok streets. Every thing your mother warned you about and you don't want your WAGs to know is in this movie. A small teaser - you'll know why its called Bangkok. Wiped out the grief of a cancelled flight for me.
Don't miss it.

4.5/5
Old 28th May 2011, 12:40   #3697
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hangover 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
Just back from watching Hangover 2, it was good, nothing like the 1st part..
Spot ON

8 of us went to watch this movie last night in PVR. But, I could only see about 70% of the movie. Surprisingly, in a theatre like PVR, the roof was not properly sealed due to which water was dripping on me and one another person. However, the drip on me was pretty bad, so had to make a hasty retreat. Got the full refund, though

This movie is like an Hangover of Part 1. Same characters, Same expressions, almost same gestures ( Phil moving his hands to the hand constantly in anguish....) and only thing new was the locale ( Bangkok was shown in bad light...really horrible) and baby replaced with an ugly monkey.

I saw the movie uptil little after the intermission and found it quite sad, everyone is trying hard to make you laugh but, like the first movie which practically froze you in your seats and grabbed you by the eyeballs till the end, this made me almost yawn. Dunno, if the movie got better post 70%

Would recommend you save the bucks and catch it when it comes on DVD which should be soon enough.

2.5/5
Old 28th May 2011, 16:03   #3698
Senior - BHPian

Jackass 3D, lives upto reputation. You will like it if you liked the previous parts .
Old 28th May 2011, 22:06   #3699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta
The Hangover II - This one has it all - down on the Bangkok streets. Every thing your mother warned you about and you don't want your WAGs to know is in this movie. A small teaser - you'll know why its called Bangkok. Wiped out the grief of a cancelled flight for me.
Don't miss it.

4.5/5
Brain -less as it gets. Good for a busted up evening but gross as it gets :-)
Old 29th May 2011, 01:49   #3700
Senior - BHPian

Anyone watched KungFu Panda 2? Please post your reviews if you have. Planning to watch it soon.
Old 29th May 2011, 08:40   #3701
BHPian

Hangover II

Its the same storyline as Part I, exactly same!!!
I actually liked it better than Part I. Its much more fun than Part I.

Leave your brains at home and enjoy the movie. Not every movie is made to be seen from critic's angle.
Old 30th May 2011, 12:46   #3702
Senior - BHPian

Kung Fu Panda 2

I watched it in 2D. Still managed to tickle my funny bone. Just as good as first part if not better. Predictable storyline but still manages to keep hooked for an hour and half. animation fans will love it.

Watch it!!!

5/5

Hangover II

Put your brains aside, don't compare with first part and its superb. Howlarious!!

A couple of dialogs were out of place taking dig at Asians. Could have done without it. Overall, superb.

I watched the uncensored theater version, so it was even sweeter. At the end, people actually clapped. Everybody loved it is what i guessed from the response.

Will i watch it again? Yes, but not in theater.
5/5
Old 30th May 2011, 13:00   #3703
BHPian

Hangover 2 - Fun overall. As others mentioned, just leave your brains behind and just sit back & enjoy the movie. A good time pass. My Rating: 3/5

POC-OST - Liked the 3D experience. Johnny Depp at his best. Loved Pen Lope Cruz. Would've loved to see her in prequels as well. Movie ends with a hint that may be there is a sequel.
Overall, its worth a watch.
My Rating: 3.5/5
Old 30th May 2011, 13:03   #3704
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw Pirates 4 and Kung-fu panda back to back over the weekend.

Pirates: too dark(literally), and you miss both ms. knightely, and mr. bloom.
worth a watch, but dont expect the draw of the earlier movies.

Kung-fu: Hilarious!!lifted my mood enough to face a monday morning!!!
Old 30th May 2011, 13:44   #3705
Senior - BHPian

I agree, Pirates 4 is too dark. Literally dark. That too 3d. It was not really worth being a 3d. Good story line though. Sorely missed Davy Jones!

The Hangover 2 is roudy and howlarious at the same time. Leave your brains at home and enjoy the crude and vulgar jokes. A good Sunday evening flick!

Kungfu Panda 2 as usual kicka.s.s. Jack Black! Need i say more!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks