Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2013, 23:34   #5131
Senior - BHPian

Re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Watched Django Unchained

Like others mentioned before, the movie does not live upto Tarantino standards but it sure has his quirkiness in some scenes. Leo is completely wasted (though he acted brilliantly, the role was much below his caliber).

The only reason I would rate this movie higher & would watch again is because of Christoph Waltz. What an actor & what performance. I am his fan since Inglorious Basterds & he does not disappoint here as well.

3/5
Old 14th May 2013, 19:23   #5132
BHPian

Star Trek - Into the Darkness

Star Trek - Into the Darkness

I had missed the 1st movie and was a little apprehensive that I'll not be able to connect with the part 2, however it was not the case.

Story- The movie has a good story line and will keep the viewers guessing and entertained.

Visuals- Stunning Visuals coupled with the 3D effect made the graphics quite enjoyable, however not sure if the issue was with the 3D glasses i was given, i felt quite a bit of things out of focus and blurred.

3.5/5 for the overall movie, was tempted to give it a 4 , the out of focus images slightly ruined it for me.

A good watch though.

Last edited by Technocrat : 14th May 2013 at 20:18. Reason: Added Movie name to the post :)
Old 21st May 2013, 19:52   #5133
Senior - BHPian

Watched Jack Reacher

First things first, this is probably the most boring Tom Cruise movie that I have ever watched. He does not look too interested & appears tired in many scenes although he is the producer.

The movie has an interesting plot but the direction is slow, they could have made it an edge of the seat thriller but no.

Apparently this is also one of the lowest grossing movies of Tom Cruise & no surprises for guessing why.

Watch it if you have nothing else to do or have time at hand, if not then skip it.

2.5/5
Old 22nd May 2013, 03:06   #5134
Senior - BHPian

Go Big, Go Extinct. Transformers meets Godzilla.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 22nd May 2013 at 07:42.
Old 22nd May 2013, 23:10   #5135
BHPian

Watched Fast and Furious 6.

Not great, okay action flick.

Action scene set pieces are well executed but very implausible and not digestible. Weak and disjointed story line doesn't help either. Has few good oneliners and little bit of humour. Climax is over stretched.

Probably the good part is the female actors take good part in action scenes and are joy to watch

I still believe Fast 5 was the best the franchise has offered.

Rating - 3.5/5.
Not impressive but worth a one time watch.

p.s.- Don't miss the post credits surprise bonanza.!
Old 23rd May 2013, 00:29   #5136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterMorgan View Post
Watched Fast and Furious 6.

Not great, okay action flick.

Action scene set pieces are well executed but very implausible and not digestible. Weak and disjointed story line doesn't help either. Has few good oneliners and little bit of humour. Climax is over stretched.

Probably the good part is the female actors take good part in action scenes and are joy to watch

I still believe Fast 5 was the best the franchise has offered.

Rating - 3.5/5.
Not impressive but worth a one time watch.

p.s.- Don't miss the post credits surprise bonanza.!
Wow! You watched it in US?
Well, i have been a big fan of this franchise and i hve never missed any of those! FF5 was really good but, the races were badly missed!
According to me, FF1 and 2Fast 2Furious had the best adrenaline pumping stuff!! The races! Loved them!

Seeing the trailer of FF6, i thought it would be a lot better than FF5..but it seems to prove me wrong!

Waiting for FF6 & Hangover 3 to release in India!
Hope Hangover 3 doesn't disappoint like the 2nd part did!
Old 23rd May 2013, 10:19   #5137
Distinguished - BHPian

Can anyone update me on the post-credit scene in Iron Man 3?

Strangely the web seems to be silent on this (or I haven't searched properly).
Old 23rd May 2013, 10:43   #5138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Can anyone update me on the post-credit scene in Iron Man 3?

Strangely the web seems to be silent on this (or I haven't searched properly).
Try this link
Old 23rd May 2013, 16:11   #5139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Watched Jack Reacher

First things first, this is probably the most boring Tom Cruise movie that I have ever watched. He does not look too interested & appears tired in many scenes although he is the producer.

The movie has an interesting plot but the direction is slow, they could have made it an edge of the seat thriller but no.

Apparently this is also one of the lowest grossing movies of Tom Cruise & no surprises for guessing why.

Watch it if you have nothing else to do or have time at hand, if not then skip it.

2.5/5
Gotta agree. But I seriously wish he hadn't chosen himself to play the part! If you read the books, you will surely have imagined a totally different character to play the part of Reacher!
Old 23rd May 2013, 23:13   #5140
Distinguished - BHPian

Just watched F&F 6 now, overall a great disappointment also to be very frank the F&F series was dead for me after watching F&F 4 (true F&F movies were parts 1,2 & 3) and i rate the movie just 2.5 on 5.

The only good bit of the movie is the END which is EPIC and also tells us that part 7 is on its way.

For a change the part 7 will make me support the bad guy in the FnF Series, for people who will see or seen the movie will know what i mean

Check this link here for more details which suggest that the pre-production & car casting has already begun for the next installment;

http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/fas...icle-1.1352430

Last edited by karan561 : 23rd May 2013 at 23:25.
Old 24th May 2013, 20:07   #5141
BHPian

Fast and furious 6! A really action packed movie with adrenaline pumping scenes! Loved all characters! Esp Roman pearce!!

And coming to the best part - the CARS! A must watch for auto enthusiasts! The story is alright; not as good as Fast5! According to me, Fast5 , 2Fast 2Furious and Fast&Furious 1 take the top 3 positions and Fast6 will be 4th. Do not miss the credits! A reallly big surprise is in store! As an automobile enthusiast - 4.5/5 As a normal person 3/5
Old 25th May 2013, 13:56   #5142
BHPian

Well, I liked the action in F&F6. A bit more than needed emotional stuff, but then hollywood is going the bollywood way with their movies nowadays so its acceptable. So, couple of scenes can go it a hindi movie. Still, its worth a watch on the big screen & a must watch to FF series fans.

Anyways, waiting for FF7 now. Would miss Gisele in FF7 though :P
Old 25th May 2013, 16:37   #5143
Senior - BHPian

Just came back after watching fast n furious 6. And I can confidently say it is a must watch on the big screen. 2 of the halls (including cinepolis) were housefull in jaipur.
A friend, who is not an automobile enthusiast, also loved the movie. You will surely not regret those 2.15 hours spent.
As mentioned earlier, dont miss the credits.
Old 25th May 2013, 19:15   #5144
Distinguished - BHPian

Good day to die hard, or John mclane's vacation tapes.
What the heck was this movie?
The first half was spent with mclane apologising, the second with some itsy bitsy action. I mean compared to ,let's say, v4.
If you pay a little attention ,you'll notice the plot is excellent, worthy of Bond, the actors are good, but the direction is super pathetic. It looks and feels like a garage movie.
Im glad I didn't buy tickets.

But do watch for the chase sequence in the beginning ,and gelandewagon.
3/5
Old 25th May 2013, 19:23   #5145
BHPian

Watched "Side effects"

Brilliant psychological thriller. Riveting story will make you sit and watch till end and not even bother about pop corns

Story about a clinically depressed girl , her husband who just came of jail, her present and former psychiatrists, an anti depressant pill and a murder.

Rooney Mara and Jude Law shine throughout with their terrific performances. Catherina zetta Jones is elegant and classy as ever. Channing Tatum is watchable.

Must watch for thriller genre fans.

Rating - 4.5/5

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks