Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2013, 21:25   #5146
Senior - BHPian

Watched Fast & Furious 6 today and I've to agree with some of the numbers assigned by folks before me - max 3.5/5. There was a scene where I thought a song might break out (like in Bollywood movies)

The final sequence seems have been shot on the worlds longest runway spanning hundreds of kilometres

Loved the surprise end credit part; but the scenes seem to have been lifted from a previous franchise.

Last edited by IronH4WK : 25th May 2013 at 21:32.
Old 25th May 2013, 22:21   #5147
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Fast & Furious 6 : 3.5/5

The .5 is for the credit-scene. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant on their part to connect the storyline to one of the earlier franchise, answering a lot of questions that were asked in the past.

Honestly, the movie would have been perfect if they had kept out the last action sequence. It was so idiotically flawed, it makes you think that Rohit Shetty probably directed that part.

Side Effects : 4/5

What a brilliant movie - simple, fluid and amazing performances, especially Jude Law.
Old 26th May 2013, 09:32   #5148
Distinguished - BHPian

FF-6

This franchise has lost the touch as its progressing with each sequel. I have a strong suspicion Justin Lin is collaborating with Rajnikanth and Rohit Shetty and drawing inspiration from their movie making.

FF-6 gave me a terrible headache during last 30 minutes which as Ironhawk mentioned was shot on the longest runaway in this world. Super fast editing will blur your vision and you will have no recollection what happened during that 30 minutes and finally a cross mid-air leap to save a person will marked an end to this ridiculous "PS3 Game"

I would strongly recommend NOT to see this movie as car fans will be hugely disappointed as there is not a single genuine car race. Everything seems to be heavily computer animated and happens so fast, its actually bad

Except for Roman Pierce character who is genuienly funny, rest of the characters have the same boring experessions seen from FF-1 ( especially DOM with his lop sided cocky grin and one-liners. Yawn !!!)

I loved FF1 and FF2. After this, I felt all sequels become bolder and bolder with over the top action scenes, dialouges became cockier and not to mention each mission to give "Mission Impossible" a complex

I will watch FF7 for the surprise that's in store and hopefully will will bring some freshness to this "now" dull, boring and unexciting franchise. What happened to some nice simple racing movies with a good story thrown in like Ronin etc. On second thoughts, they should remake Ronin and it will be a movie to spend money on.

2/5 (.5 just for the surprise)
Old 26th May 2013, 10:45   #5149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Except for Roman Pierce character who is genuienly funny, rest of the characters have the same boring experessions seen from FF-1 ( especially DOM with his lop sided cocky grin and one-liners. Yawn !!!)
+1 to this!

Infact, Luke Evans oozes a far better performance as the bad guy than the entire lot. I was half expecting throught-out the movie that there would be a twist and he moves on to the gang!
Old 26th May 2013, 10:55   #5150
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Infact, Luke Evans oozes a far better performance as the bad guy than the entire lot. I was half expecting throught-out the movie that there would be a twist and he moves on to the gang!
I agree. I feel british accent contributes a lot to making a villianious character perfect due to their inherent charm, calmness and slow dialogue delivery which is more chilling than the loud mouthed american villians

Overall, I hated the movie !!!
Old 26th May 2013, 11:50   #5151
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to this thread, I will save the money on FF6. As for FF series. Tokio Drift was the best one, for me.
Old 26th May 2013, 14:08   #5152
Senior - BHPian

Fast and Furious 6.
Wasn't expecting much as most reviews were its an ok movie but as a die hard car lover i don't miss any of its installments.
Was surprised. Best action among all F&F movies till date, Fast pace, Drool worthy cars, Good looking women and many cheesy one liners..
All in all- Paisa Vasool.

And do see the scene after credits which indicates F&F7 is on the way and its gonna be awesome. (Not mentioning the scene as it will spoil the surprise for many)

Rating- 4/5 (Extra .5 for the after credit scene)
Old 26th May 2013, 21:09   #5153
Senior - BHPian

Fast and the Furious 6

Gets rubbish with every edition after Tokyo Drift. Everything seemed over the top and fake. For example, with the first edition, you could relate to the drag races, the desert event, the way they stole stuff. All realistic.

This one had a lot of unrealistic action scenes, The tank one, the last one where in they are on the run way for more than 15 minutes with the plane trying to take off. LIKE SERIOUSLY.

Rating - 1/5
Old 26th May 2013, 21:51   #5154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Fast and the Furious 6

Gets rubbish with every edition after Tokyo Drift. Everything seemed over the top and fake. For example, with the first edition, you could relate to the drag races, the desert event, the way they stole stuff. All realistic.

This one had a lot of unrealistic action scenes, The tank one, the last one where in they are on the run way for more than 15 minutes with the plane trying to take off. LIKE SERIOUSLY.

Rating - 1/5
I guess the main issue is the fact they moved away from the main theme - the cars. They wanted to make it watchable for a wider audience, and that's just what it is now - watchable.
It would make sense to have tanks in a franchise like Mission Impossible or James Bond, but to put it in F&F is a massive mistake.
Old 31st May 2013, 08:42   #5155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Fast and the Furious 6

Rating - 1/5
Its supposed to be unrealistic, its called a summer action movie . Unfortunately, they cant keep making movies about the street racing scene forever, as much as us car guys would want them to. I for one, loved it...3.5/5 from me . One question though, are they still in Goa in the race for the opening scene? Those number plates sure do seem like Goa (GA---) and everything. Reason i ask is because i read somewhere else that they were in the Canary Islands.
Old 31st May 2013, 09:41   #5156
Senior - BHPian

"Now you see me" is releasing soon. It gives me a feeling of Inception somehow. However, based on the trailer it seems to be a great movie.

The star cast is good and has the ever-bankable Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1670345/
Old 31st May 2013, 10:51   #5157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
"Now you see me" is releasing soon. It gives me a feeling of Inception somehow. However, based on the trailer it seems to be a great movie.

The star cast is good and has the ever-bankable Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1670345/
Actually it seems more like one of those heist movies, which it is. Inception was a pretty deep movie; this just seems like a summer popcorn flick.
Old 31st May 2013, 17:27   #5158
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
Actually it seems more like one of those heist movies, which it is. Inception was a pretty deep movie; this just seems like a summer popcorn flick.
Yeah, saw the teasers and looks like a good heist movie. Love heist movies, they dont make them good anymore after the Ocean series.
Old 31st May 2013, 17:59   #5159
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
One question though, are they still in Goa in the race for the opening scene? Those number plates sure do seem like Goa (GA---) and everything.
Nopes. That was Italy or Spain (from the movie's point of view)
Old 1st June 2013, 00:16   #5160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Nopes. That was Italy or Spain (from the movie's point of view)
hmmn. I guess then they were never in Goa (although i got so excited at the end of Fast Five when i saw the GA--- number plates).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks