Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2019, 12:44   #7456
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Saw The Shawshank Redemption again after a gap of about nine years since my first watch of this great movie!
Thank you for the 2 hours of entertainment . Saw your post and watched the movie over the weekend (after maybe 1 or 2 decades) on Hotstar. LOVED IT! I love Morgan Freeman, yet will say that Tim Robbins matched him in performance.
Old 28th October 2019, 14:03   #7457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Saw The Shawshank Redemption again after a gap of about nine years since my first watch of this great movie!
No doubt this movie has been at number one rank on IMDB. Great script and acting and the fabulous narration by Morgan Freeman.

Can't wait to re-watch it already for the third time which I guess will happen couple of years down the line.

With each re-watch, there are new things to notice and appreciate which somehow one misses the first time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thank you for the 2 hours of entertainment . Saw your post and watched the movie over the weekend (after maybe 1 or 2 decades) on Hotstar. LOVED IT! I love Morgan Freeman, yet will say that Tim Robbins matched him in performance.
This is one of the best movies of all time IMHO. I absolutely love the way it plays out! I've seen it about 5 times now

I also totally agree with what you have both said

Cheers
Old 5th November 2019, 11:50   #7458
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Saw 'Confirmation' on Hotstar last evening. Damn good movie - will give it 4/5 stars. True story about a Supreme Court nominee who was accused of sexual harassment. The movie sure shows the dirty side of politics. If you enjoy great acting + drama, watch this one. Slow 1st half, picks up pace in the 2nd.

Old 6th November 2019, 08:03   #7459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Saw 'Confirmation' on Hotstar last evening. Damn good movie - will give it 4/5 stars. True story about a Supreme Court nominee who was accused of sexual harassment. The movie sure shows the dirty side of politics. If you enjoy great acting + drama, watch this one. Slow 1st half, picks up pace in the 2nd.
The story-line seems eerily similar to what happened during a recent nomination hearing of a judge in the current president's rule.
Old 6th November 2019, 09:15   #7460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsynch View Post
Ford V Ferrari

Looks like an exciting movie for petrolheads with the underdog as a theme, more about it here:
Apart from the main content of the movie being about two stellar marquees of the automotive world, I am really looking forward to the on screen repartee between these two powerful actors of our times - Matt Damon and Christian Bale. Both have fantastic films and roles behind them and it will be exciting to see how they join forces on screen. This should be one to watch out for.
Old 6th November 2019, 11:13   #7461
BHPian

I am a big fan of Scorsese's school of cinema, look forward to his latest venture The Irishman.

Old 7th November 2019, 10:44   #7462
BHPian

The Current War - 2/5

What a waste of subject and actors!!
The movie captured neither the intense lives of Edison and Westinghouse, nor their intense rivalry!

Looks like this movie was made out of newspaper headlines.

Last edited by Rocky_Balboa : 7th November 2019 at 10:56.
Old 9th November 2019, 20:45   #7463
BHPian

Has anyone seen Zodiac?
It's stars Jake Gyllenhaal and Robert Downey Jr. and was release just a while before the first Iron Man came out.
It's a great movie about the Zodiac serial killer who terrorized residents of San Francisco in the 1960s.
Old 10th November 2019, 12:25   #7464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZ25 View Post
Has anyone seen Zodiac?
It's stars Jake Gyllenhaal and Robert Downey Jr. and was release just a while before the first Iron Man came out.
It's a great movie about the Zodiac serial killer who terrorized residents of San Francisco in the 1960s.
It another nice one from early days of David Fincher but the closure is inconclusive and bit of a downer, second half is more like a docudrama.
Old 10th November 2019, 15:25   #7465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZ25 View Post
Has anyone seen Zodiac?
It's a nice film, I enjoyed it.
Old 13th November 2019, 11:14   #7466
Senior - BHPian

Having watched Joker couple of weeks back, was inspired to watch The Taxi Driver an Shutter Island over the weekend.

All three are good movies on their own. Shutter Island probably requires another watch.

Last edited by SilentEngine : 13th November 2019 at 11:17.
Old 20th November 2019, 09:33   #7467
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh its really warming up now isnt it
Looks like 2020 is going to be a good year for the movie aficionados

Old 20th November 2019, 11:48   #7468
Distinguished - BHPian

Called up two close friends and went to watch "Ford Vs. Ferrari" on Saturday. At 135 mins, it is long for an average Hollywood film. But trust me when I say that we looked at our watches only twice - once at intermission and again at the end of the movie. We were glued to our seats and loved every bit of it. The actors, the story and the cars - no complaints on any front. I got to learn a few things about cars and companies!

4/5.
I deduct 1 point as I would have liked an even longer movie with more details around this true story!
I didn't
Old 21st November 2019, 09:14   #7469
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
The actors, the story and the cars - no complaints on any front.
Agree ashish89. While the movie is about cars and companies that build it, its held together by Matt Damon and Christian Bale with the surprise package being Josh Lucas. Bale as usual does a stellar job of getting into the skin of Ken Miles and subtly bring out his idiosyncrasies and his passion. I was torn between watching it on the big screen and waiting for it to come on VOD platforms, but I am happy that I watched it on the big screen.

Rating - 4/5 as it definitely is a good watch.
Old 23rd November 2019, 01:55   #7470
Distinguished - BHPian

FROZEN II

A wonderfully made sequel which comes with a story as intense as the first one. It's all about Elsa and Anna and how they stay together in their journey into the unknown for their quest of truth and safeguard Arendelle.
It has it's fair share of olaf comic reliefs. Kristoff and Sven don't really have major roles. Songs aren't as catchy as the ones in the first version but still very good. I liked the 'Lost in the woods' and 'Into the unkonwn'. The best thing I liked were Elsa's beautiful dresses!! I will have to get one for my daughter if it's available in the market.

This was my first movie in a movie hall without intermission yet never got boring over the 103mins.
In another first, this was my first 4dx movie and the effects were nicely complemening the visuals...not too much not too less, just about the right amount.

I'd rate it 4.5/5

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks