Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2021, 23:19   #8161
Team-BHP Support

Re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
One contradiction I noticed was in the interview for the job, Turing mentions he has no political affiliation/opinion and wants to get involved simply for the algorithmic challenge. But later on, after the enigma code is broken, he is shown making decisions about which information to act on and which to let go (to keep the Germans from finding out) in turn deciding who to save and who to sacrifice!
I don't think it is as much his political affiliation as is how breaking the code but not acting on it (rather selectively acting on it) was affecting his morality. He felt every life needed to be saved while the officers felt some needed to be sacrificed for the greater good.
Old 20th July 2021, 13:48   #8162
BHPian

Just finished watching Map of Tiny Perfect Things on prime. It's another movie based on time anomaly but without all the scientific / technical details, but rather a cute love story. A good one time watch. I would rate 3 /5. Available on Amazon Prime

Last edited by Akshay6988 : 20th July 2021 at 13:50.
Old 20th July 2021, 18:58   #8163
BHPian

Intern 5/5

Brilliant movie with simple story yet exhilirating. Robert & Anne were simply too good together. Reminds you of one's office going days which few miss. Watch it on Netflix if you guys havent.
There is a news that an official remake in bollywood is on cards with Amitabh & Deepika. They would need exclusive screenplay and direction to make any similar experience like Intern.
VWAllstar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 19:03   #8164
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
He felt every life needed to be saved while the officers felt some needed to be sacrificed for the greater good.
It was another team member who felt every life needed to be saved (the case in point being the Royal Navy ship with his brother on it) while Turing puts him down.
Old 22nd July 2021, 13:09   #8165
BHPian

I got the automated mail that 'Wrath of Man' is available on Lionsgate Play.
But I am unable to find this in the app. Anyone else facing this too ?
Old 22nd July 2021, 13:42   #8166
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatananda.k View Post
Same here. Have been waiting for this one and was happy to see that it's available on Lionsgate Play as per the mailer. Sadly, it's nowhere to be seen.
Old 22nd July 2021, 19:32   #8167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Same here. Have been waiting for this one and was happy to see that it's available on Lionsgate Play as per the mailer. Sadly, it's nowhere to be seen.
I too am waiting for this ! Guy Ritchie is one of my favorites.

Off topic, I feel Lionsgate Play is the worst app of the lot. The design and the bugs really irritate me.

User pov, for me:
Netflix > Prime > Hotstar > Lionsgate Play
Old 22nd July 2021, 21:18   #8168
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I too am waiting for this ! Guy Ritchie is one of my favorites.

Off topic, I feel Lionsgate Play is the worst app of the lot. The design and the bugs really irritate me.

User pov, for me:
Netflix > Prime > Hotstar > Lionsgate Play
I've heard the soundtrack is to die for, and that it's not your usual Statham kick punch fest. The trailers seem to indicate a godfather meets John wick thing.
Old 22nd July 2021, 21:52   #8169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I've heard the soundtrack is to die for, and that it's not your usual Statham kick punch fest. The trailers seem to indicate a godfather meets John wick thing.
Lionsgate Play is indeed the worst OTT app. Got a notification about the movie and this is what I got.

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-screenshot_20210722214714__01.jpg
When you search for it, this is what you get.

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-screenshot_20210722214701__01.jpg
And when you touch the name,
BoneCollector is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 17:28   #8170
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Quote:
Got a notification about the movie and this is what I got.
I had shot a mail to them in morning. They replied that I need to send my account details etc. I did not reply. Now I got a mail that there was some technical issue and it's been rectified. Everyone waiting for Wrath Of Man, please download. It's available.

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-screenshot_20210723172052__01__01__01.jpg
The mail trail.

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-screenshot_20210723172021__01.jpg
Download started.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 23rd July 2021 at 17:30.
BoneCollector is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 17:42   #8171
BHPian

Quote:
I had shot a mail to them in morning. They replied that I need to send my account details etc. I did not reply. Now I got a mail that there was some technical issue and it's been rectified. Everyone waiting for Wrath Of Man, please download. It's available.

Download started.[/center]
Yay ! Planned to watch this weekend.
Hope it lives up to the expectation with all the hype
Old 23rd July 2021, 17:50   #8172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yay ! Planned to watch this weekend.
Hope it lives up to the expectation with all the hype
It's a typical Statham movie. You will get exactly what you wish. But, it's not a typical Guy Ritchie movie as his usual touch was missing here. Still a good entertainment.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 17:59   #8173
BHPian

Fear Street Triology 3.5/5

All horror movie fans do not miss this triology playing on Netflix. Watch it like a mini series and you wont be disappointed. It is one of those stories of witchcraft based in different centuries and overlapping curse. Most actors have done a fairly good job and keep you glued to the storyline. The climax is more or less predicatble but if you have ran out of good horror stories then this triology will keep you interested for good 6 hours.
Note: Few sexual content and swearing, hence not a family watch like other good stories like Conjuring Series .
VWAllstar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2021, 18:34   #8174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post

All horror movie fans do not miss this triology playing on Netflix. Watch it like a mini series and you wont be disappointed. It is one of those stories of witchcraft based in different centuries and overlapping curse. Most actors have done a fairly good job and keep you glued to the storyline. The climax is more or less predicatble but if you have ran out of good horror stories then this triology will keep you interested for good 6 hours.
Note: Few sexual content and swearing, hence not a family watch like other good stories like Conjuring Series .
How gory is it? While my wife and i love watching horror movies she balks at slasher type gore stuff.

Currently watching Marianne series on Netflix for want of good horror movies.
Old 23rd July 2021, 18:46   #8175
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post

Saw it last weekend. Part 1 and part 2 were good though I didn't really like the last part. As you said, it was too predictable. I was expecting some twists and turns. Also, the climax scene was slightly underwhelming.

But overall, a good one time watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
How gory is it? While my wife and i love watching horror movies she balks at slasher type gore stuff.

Currently watching Marianne series on Netflix for want of good horror movies.
The gore is actually quite limited. If I take into account movies like Wrong Turn series, or the Evil Dead series and assign them a 10 rating for gore, then this one is a 3. There is 1 scene in the 1st movie which may be qualified as being a real or a true gore depiction.

The other scenes or instances are shown more in a funny(casual is a better word since what I found funny may only be casual for someone else) manner.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 24th July 2021 at 07:28. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
AYP is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks