Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2010, 19:36   #1576
Senior - BHPian

Watched Burn after reading. a big disappointment from Cohen Brothers. considering the fact that their other movies like Fargo, Lady killers was a multiple watchable movie.
Old 2nd January 2010, 22:27   #1577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercars View Post
Golden Compass :

It has all cute furry animals but the picture should be avoided as it ends abruptly. Maybe they wanted to do a sequel still I hate the ending. You just feel that you wasted your time. :(
I second that.

Had seen few moviesoff late will give review in sometime.
Old 2nd January 2010, 23:20   #1578
BHPian

I have still not seen 2012 completely. I only saw 50% of the movie. It can be AVOIDED as it is over dramatic. :(
Old 3rd January 2010, 11:16   #1579
BHPian

Next starring Nicholas Cage starts very well & goes well till 45% of the movie & then it all goes over dramatic and the ending is so bad that you wish you had never seen it. :(
Old 3rd January 2010, 19:06   #1580
Senior - BHPian

love happens: stars Jennifer Aniston and Aaron Eckhart. a feel good, romantic movie. one time watchable. acting by leads is very good. loved Jenni. 3/5

the blind side: Sandra Bullock's outstanding acting is the key to this film. the homeless youth's acting is also worth a mention. a must watch. its emotional, its sporty, its entertaining. a must watch. 4/5

ninja: martial art lovers will love it. good action scenes. predictable story line. 2.75/5. its ok if you give a miss.

blue seduction: a perfect movie for enemies. if you want to take a revenge, show it to enemies, he/she will die of boredom. too predictable, often repeated story. wonder what Billy Zane is doing in this movie. Estella Warren looks hot. used to be one of my fav supermodel, she still is if she returns to modelling rather than acting. 2.5/5. avoid. not recommended to watch with family.

the tournament: on the lines of Condemned by 3:16 and Death Race, comes another movie that has betting on various characters who fight each other out to survive- the last one is crowned the champion of tournament. a fast, action paced movie. its good. one time watch. 3.5/5
Old 4th January 2010, 14:03   #1581
BHPian

Watched Dog Day Afternoon on UTV World Movies yesterday night, Man what a movie. A must see for Al Pacino fans. Brilliant movie and for me one of the finest perfomance from Al Pacino, maybe one of the best perfomances of all times.
Old 4th January 2010, 17:59   #1582
Distinguished - BHPian

Happy New Year to fellow movie lovers. Back after a long vacation, hopefully should resume my movie watching sometime this week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
I finally saw Lock, Stock & 2 smoking barrels last night and have to say it is an excellent film. 4/5 definitely..My wife did not understand most of it though :\ (due to the heavy East-end accents)
One of my favorite, i have most of its dialogues by heart.

Incidentally, just downloaded a torrent of this movie couple of days ago. However, its subtitles dont work properly. Bit slow for the actual movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkhatau View Post
Watched Dog Day Afternoon on UTV World Movies yesterday night, Man what a movie. A must see for Al Pacino fans. Brilliant movie and for me one of the finest perfomance from Al Pacino, maybe one of the best perfomances of all times.
I agree. Felt great to see AP run through different set of emotions with confusion being one of the major as to how to dig himself out of that crazy predicament.
Old 6th January 2010, 17:07   #1583
Distinguished - BHPian

Butch Cassidy & Sundance Kid Starring Paul Newman and Robert Redford made in 1969.

I am still reeling from shock that such an amazing western movie was made during that time. Everything ( Dialogues, cinematography, screenplay) seemed so contemprary.

All i can say is this is one of the best western movies ever made and Paul Newman stole the show as the visionary outlaw with his quiry dialogue delivery ensuring it envokes lots of laughs through the movie. Whereas, RR is the silent type.

Nice action sequences mostly using horses which reminds you a bit of that famous Sholay train robbery scene.

It's must watch

4.5/5
Old 6th January 2010, 17:33   #1584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Butch Cassidy & Sundance Kid Starring Paul Newman and Robert Redford made in 1969.

All i can say is this is one of the best western movies ever made
You can say that again, my friend!

I saw :
1. The Orphan: It was supposed to be a horror flick, but after Paranormal Activity, this one seemed lame. Full marks for originality in the surprise element though! If you dont know the suspense in advance, you will never be able to guess it.

2. Bad Lieutenant, starring Nicholas Cage, Val Kilmer, Eva Mendez (2009)
Set in the post Katrina New Orleans, Cage plays a corrupt, coke addicted, gambling cop to near perfection. nice movie. Can be watched one time at least.
Old 7th January 2010, 16:40   #1585
BHPian

I have watched AVATAAR and G.I.JOE The Rise of the cobra. Avataar was outstanding, G.I.JOE was only watchable.
Old 8th January 2010, 01:38   #1586
Senior - BHPian

Sherlock holmes and Paranormal activity released today.
worth watching?
Old 8th January 2010, 09:40   #1587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdulRahmanM View Post
I have watched AVATAAR and G.I.JOE The Rise of the cobra. Avataar was outstanding, G.I.JOE was only watchable.
I liked the action sequence in G I Joe - where in they destroy Eiffel tower.
Old 8th January 2010, 11:31   #1588
BHPian

Surrogates: Dumb Movie. Bruce Willis stars in this Sci-fi 'family drama'. 98% of the humans in the world use surrogates to live their daily lives. When a weapon is used which kills the operator along with the surrogate FBI agent Willis is forced to use his "meatbag" to solve the case. Totally avoidable. Mercifully short at one and a half hours though. Rating: 1/5

Gamer: Gerald Butler is Kable in this futuristic action flick. People use real humans to play games in the future. This is Butler's last chance at freedom and to re-unite with his wife and kid. He takes control and busts out of the game into the real world. A fast flowing action flick, very loud and gory at times. Decent timepass for fans of the genre only. Rating 3/5

Battle of the Bulge: A nice classic, based on the Nazi Last Stand in WW II. The ending is a bit tame, and the movie drags at times. definitly worth a watch though. Rating: 3/5
Old 8th January 2010, 12:01   #1589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Sherlock holmes and Paranormal activity released today.
worth watching?
I heard from my friend in US that Sherlock Holmes was just an average watch
Old 8th January 2010, 12:16   #1590
BHPian

Paranormal Activity has been rated as one of the top horror movies of 2009. It's been compred to Blair Witch Project which was a very inferior, below average flick.
Paranormal Activity will really scare you and that sense of dread stays with you long after you leave the cinema hall.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks