Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2023, 10:41   #9076
Senior - BHPian

Re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Time Trap:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4815122/

This came up in random recommendation on Netflix and imdb ratings seemed to be good at 6.2 with 40k votes.

Movie was good although acting was bad and dialogues were poor and cringeworthy at times. But even with that, I watched the movie to the end!

3/5

Covenant:

What a brutal movie it was. Felt a bit emotionally drained after watching it.

3.5/5

Super Mario Bros:

To get the edge off after watching Covenant, decided to watch something light and boy was this the perfect choice.

For people like me who grew up on these characters, it was a joy to watch

I had a shitfaced grin on my face for most of the movie!
3.5/5
Old 29th May 2023, 10:43   #9077
Senior - BHPian

AIR
Watched this over the weekend and absolutely loved it. Matt Damon has nailed the role of 'Sunny'. The character of Michael Jordan's mother was a huge revelation for me, what a strong woman and played with absolute conviction by Viola Davis. Also, they deliberately don't show the face of Michael Jordan or even his voice in the move.

highly recommended, rating - 9/10
adimicra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 10:44   #9078
BHPian

Alice, Darling (2022): 4/5

Watched on Lionsgate Play (via Jio)

Wife made me watch it as shes a huge fan of Anna Kendrick. Its the story of a woman trapped in an abusive, controlling, co-dependant relationship. The movie is slow and straightforward, but brilliant acting by Anna Kendrick. She portrays the expressions, mannerisms and body language very well.
GeneralJazz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 10:47   #9079
Senior - BHPian

The Black Demon: 2.5/5

Another low budget Man Vs Shark Movie. If you like shark movies this one is not for you. All I can say is this is OK but it will never be another Jaws. It amazes me Jaws was made in the early 70s and now they have better graphics and everything and right till this day Jaws was the only shark movie where the shark actually look terrifying and real.

In short a family gets stranded on a defunct oil rig and trying to escape with a ferocious megalodon shark protecting its territory.

RM Motorsports is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 11:09   #9080
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
FastX - 3/5

Fellow mods Suhaas307, Ajmat and myself went to watch FastX on friday. It was insane fun and hilarious. We were just gobsmacked and looking at each others faces and giggling like kids.

Ajmat was mostly in shock but was laughing while in shock. lol.

You have to watch it for entertainment purposes and best is to go with a car gang who can see how stupid it is and laugh at the scenes which arent even funny like accelerating faster by shifting an AT box to P and back to D. lol.
I have to add this to my review. I'm sure you guys have probably seen Fast and Furious 9 before going for Fast X.

When I went for FastX I had not seen 9. Last weekend I decided to complete the series and watched 9.

And...OMG. It is the absolute worst trash movie from all 10. If you hated 9 which I am sure everyone does you probably think Fast X will be worse.

But after seeing 9, FastX is much better. Infact FastX is like a reality show after seeing 9. I cannot believe 9 has the car going to space and shifting a gear stick to go faster in space. Then the car docks with the International space station.

Fast and Furious 9 : 0/5

Last edited by Vid6639 : 1st June 2023 at 11:10.
Vid6639 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 20:33   #9081
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I don't know where to post this but it's very well created video where Dom, Brian, Michael and Devon are in one scene.

Fast and Furious meets Knight Rider

Fast and Furious meets Knight Rider - 2 Fast 2 Knight

Last edited by bobbyblr : 1st June 2023 at 20:35.
bobbyblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 11:41   #9082
Senior - BHPian

BLACKBERRY: 3.5/5

After AIR & TETRIS, BLACKBERRY was a bit of letdown. Overacting & Shakey Cam.

A company that toppled global giants before succumbing to the ruthlessly competitive forces of Silicon Valley. This is not a conventional tale of modern business failure by fraud and greed. The rise and fall of BlackBerry reveals the dangerous speed at which innovators race along the information superhighway.

RM Motorsports is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2023, 16:07   #9083
BHPian

My son is a big fan of Spiderman and had been telling me from a couple of months about the June 2 release of the new Spiderman movie and eventually, we were at the theatre earlier today. Spiderman - Across the Spider-verse is a fantastic animation movie, it has that comic book feel while watching the movie.
If you happen to watch the earlier movie Spiderman - Into the Spider-Verse (currently on Netflix) you will be able to connect with this movie. The animation, visuals, sound effects and the characters are too good!!

In one of the verse we have an Indian Spiderman living in a city called Mumbhattan, who grew up with Uncle Bhim and aunt maya!!

Just when the storyline builds up the thrill and we start to wear the seatbelts, the lights in the theatre came on with a tab written on right most corner of the screen - "To be continued"!!!!
Everyone in the theatre thought it was some glitch and sat for almost a whole 30 seconds, and only when the credits started to roll did the realization crept in that we have to wait for some months more for the next / concluding part.

To sum it, it is a totally enjoyable movie, lots of action, emotional scenes, with some comedy thrown in, watching in the theatres is a full paisa vasool!!
Sunil@KA25 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 12:51   #9084
BHPian

Fast X digitallly released on Amazon today. Faster than anyone expected.
atulsian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 13:10   #9085
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atulsian View Post
Fast X digitally released on Amazon today. Faster than anyone expected.
Weird, am not seeing it on prime.
Old 9th June 2023, 13:15   #9086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Weird, am not seeing it on prime.
It is available on US prime. Indian release may take time. Pirate copies are out already- 4k Dolby vision including.
atulsian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2023, 14:11   #9087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Jaws was the only shark movie where the shark actually look terrifying and real.
You could include Shallows - where Blake Lively is hunted by a Shark. Quite frightening Shark movie. Actually it is not one of those low rate movies where animals are portrayed as the Villains.
Prowler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 13:41   #9088
Distinguished - BHPian

Mr. Wick will arrive on June 23rd on Lionsgate Play.

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-screenshot_2023061413390458_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg
BoneCollector is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 15:46   #9089
Team-BHP Support

Wrapped up AIR yesterday on Prime Video. Amazing movie!

Although I've known Air Jordans since my grad days (some of my NRI friends were hard core fans of NBA, Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant), I never knew it had such a background!

Got to know about Nike's crazy founder-CEO, the 'swoosh' logo, the rivalry between Adidas, Converse and Nike to rope in a rookie basketball player which would go on to become a sensation in the world, creating a brand around a sportsperson which pays the guy royalty for every pair of shoes sold across the globe to this day, Jordan's cool dad and his super-strict mum (could be dramatized for the movie but there's a segment towards the end of the movie where the real Jordan credits his mum for everything in his life).

Matt Damon was at his usual best. This speech is an incredible segment from the movie:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Open up Prime Video, order a pizza & watch "Air". You can come back to thank me after seeing it .
Lovely recommendation GTO!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 14th June 2023 at 17:06. Reason: Prime video
Gannu_1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2023, 16:00   #9090
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I recently saw The Unforgivable on Netflix. Starring Sandra Bullock, this movie is seriously worth a watch. The background music track is awesome and adds to the movie
Cheers
rajeevsulu is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks