Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2023, 17:49   #9046
BHPian

Re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-download.jpg

The Outpost*(2019): A very accurate movie of the real event, the scenarios, and the narration are all very similar to what is mentioned in the book by Jake Tapper. I want to give five out of five to the cast; they really did a brilliant job. The first half is moderate, but the second half is just everything you need from a movie that is based on true events (Battle of Kamdesh). The Outpost is as close to warfare as you want to get. Watch it if you haven't yet.

7/10
GhostGrid is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 18:08   #9047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
- Dom is the Salman Khan of Hollywood
You failed to mention his car- The "Dodge-nikant" . It must be made out of some super alloy.
autoholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 18:27   #9048
Senior - BHPian

Next fast and furious movie will be even more over the top than this scene.
Old 19th May 2023, 18:42   #9049
BHPian

Out of the entire series, I only liked 'The Fast & The Furious' and 'Tokyo Drift'. When I saw 'Baby Driver', I really thought it in my mind that it would have been such a worthy successor to Tokyo Drift (they could've named it Fast & Furious: Baby Drives ). Barring the above two, I find the entire F&F series avoidable with some even bordering cringe.

Really not keen on watching F&F X or the last sequel in the franchise which I think is more or less dead. One movie that does beget a great sequel is 'Gone In 60 Seconds'.
Herschey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 23:53   #9050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschey View Post
Out of the entire series, I only liked 'The Fast & The Furious' and 'Tokyo Drift'. When I saw 'Baby Driver', I really thought it in my mind that it would have been such a worthy successor to Tokyo Drift.
I disagree on "Baby Driver" being a worthy successor to Tokyo Drift. Baby Driver shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Tokyo Drift IMO. It's not even a contest.

But, i really agree on "Gone in 60 seconds", one of the few movies you can watch anytime and still feel satisfied.

Last edited by Doonite : 19th May 2023 at 23:55.
Doonite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2023, 05:46   #9051
BHPian

Couldn't agree more with everyone's comment about this franchise. Yes, after F&F 5 it has been a downward journey, and every new installment just seems like a money-making scheme. Sometimes I feel like Vin Diesel and Salman Khan are brothers who got separated somehow.

I just lost all hope from the part where they go around chasing submarines, in a Hyundai Sonata in the backdrop. No offenses against Hyundai Sonata owners, but it kind of seemed like they no longer cared about their own franchise.
Old 20th May 2023, 12:55   #9052
Team-BHP Support

Fellow Mod Vid6993 made Suhaas and I watch it last night. Summaring

1: Stellantis made big money selling cars to be trashed
2: Why do cars explode tail up
3: Ultimate in recycling - old Villains pop up
4: Ultimate Ghar Vapasi - they become "Family"
5: Whatever suspension that Dodge Charger has! I want it
6: Have you ever tried checking in a Kayak at an airport
7: Bits of James Bond movies added in - punching bag etc.
8: Uber now provides submarines - or it so looks like

After a challenging week, the movie wrecked our minds, we made that bumbling mod buy us dinner for putting us through all this!

Last edited by ajmat : 21st May 2023 at 15:49.
ajmat is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th May 2023, 15:02   #9053
HTC
BANNED

Guardians of the Galaxy 3
Saw the movie yesterday. Enjoyed from beginning till the end. Had to watch part2 recap to make sure I can understand the plot better. My daughter enjoyed the laughter moments in the film.
Rocket's character development is shown very well. I would say it's worth watching with family if you are a marvel fan (except for the loot in multiplex in the name of Pepsi and popcorn lolz. Gosh 930 bucks for a popcorn a 2 pepsis)
Old 20th May 2023, 16:48   #9054

In my opinion from the whole F&F series (except Fast X as I am yet to see) the best was Tokyo Drift as it has the most grounded storyline with good character development. I still yearn for movie like this.

Regarding Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3, my anime lover youngest brother watched first half of it and told me it is best marvel movie since Endgame.

As April-May is summer blockbuster time for the western audience, I wanted to watch as many movies as possible in the hall, but my little one makes it impossible to watch as he will saying papa-papa continuously and demands my attention. As much as I love him (as he loves me more than his mother); I questioned God *WHY?*, when I have to left John Wick 4 after interval.
Old 21st May 2023, 14:52   #9055
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I am mentioning an old movie starring Justin Timberlake and Cillian Murphy.

In Time (2011)

Streaming on Amazon Prime Video.

I have watched this movie 3-4 times and I still want to watch it one more time.

I will not go into the detail of the movie as I want you people to see this movie at-least once.
bobbyblr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 15:01   #9056
Senior - BHPian

Fast X

Watched the movie at a theatre in 3D and I regretted it but the only saving grace was my son liked the movie and i am not going to rant the "Family" thing here. Why cant these movies have a decent plot, the revenge thing is so stone age. Some of the scenes were so over done and whats the point in getting the dead people back alive. Gal Gadot back again? Seriously. I think the Fast X movie was totally owned by Jason Momoa, what a comical antagonist. He carries the movie through out with his maniacal acting. Not of the Joker level but still good. The amount of CG being used in the movie made me feel whether the actors were real or not. Overall if you are die hard fan of the franchisee go watch the movie and think you have done charity by buying the tickets. If you are not then better watch Ronin for that amazing car chase scenes.

Rating: 2.5/5
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2023, 15:18   #9057
BHPian

That the Fast and Furious franchise is no paragon of good cinema - not by a long stretch - is a given I would assume by this point.

With that said, it’s just mindless entertainment and I didn’t find Fast X as boring as some other reviews here make it out to be. It’s pretty self-aware and leans in on the campiness, and such a quality puts it in the “so bad it’s good” territory . Quite unlike let’s say something like Pathaan, which is boring because it takes itself too seriously.

Last edited by Pequod : 21st May 2023 at 15:20.
Old 21st May 2023, 20:15   #9058
BHPian

Watched Fast X on IMAX 3D. Didnt fail my expectations The huge ball bomb was great and all bombs were circular.

What couldn't cars do and why wouldn't you love them do all that stuff

Good to see our Public TV Ranganna (Kannada news anchor) too.
Old 22nd May 2023, 10:02   #9059
Team-BHP Support

FastX - 3/5

Fellow mods Suhaas307, Ajmat and myself went to watch FastX on friday. It was insane fun and hilarious. We were just gobsmacked and looking at each others faces and giggling like kids.

Ajmat was mostly in shock but was laughing while in shock. lol.

You have to watch it for entertainment purposes and best is to go with a car gang who can see how stupid it is and laugh at the scenes which arent even funny like accelerating faster by shifting an AT box to P and back to D. lol.

But the highlight of the movie is Jason Momoa. What brilliant acting, completely unhinged. They had to do something different and Momoa has delivered.

Movie will shame Akshay Kumar and Rajnikanth movies in action and stunts.

One nice comment from Suhaas wife was it's one of the best bad movies I've seen. It's so bad but you still enjoy it.

Don't go with non car guys or family cause you wont have anyone to laugh at the scenes with.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 22nd May 2023 at 10:04.
Vid6639 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2023, 13:44   #9060
BHPian

This is going to be really interesting story.

GhostGrid is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks