Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2023, 19:07   #9001
Senior - BHPian

Re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Ghosted: 4/5

If you have watched and enjoyed the movie Knight and Day with Diaz and Cruise then you will enjoy watching this movie ( but in a reverse roll). After about 20 minutes the movie does get livelier having moments full of laughter, action and entertainment.

A Rom Com Action Thriller

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=IAdCsNtEuBU
Thanks for recommendations. I watched this one. Chris Evans was great! I felt some bollywood movie masala type by west. However, I was amazed by the streaming quality with ATV+ on ATV4K, felt like it's better than neftlix, would look for more interesting titles on this service.
Ketan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 00:09   #9002
BHPian

Watched Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 this weekend. The film was great and I really enjoyed the ending of this great story. I wish there was more to come but it seems unlikely that we are going to see this group in any future Guardian movies.
Rating: 9/10
Ranabegins is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 14:40   #9003
Senior - BHPian

For all those who enjoyed THE MEG, get ready for another Man - Shark conflict.

RM Motorsports is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 15:26   #9004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Thanks for recommendations. I watched this one. Chris Evans was great! I felt some bollywood movie masala type by west. However, I was amazed by the streaming quality with ATV+ on ATV4K, felt like it's better than neftlix, would look for more interesting titles on this service.
I stopped watching this one after they enter a tunnel in London and they come out they are in Pakistan
Old 9th May 2023, 16:39   #9005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
I stopped watching this one after they enter a tunnel in London and they come out they are in Pakistan
Maybe London has another magical entrance like King's Cross Platform 9¾

Loved the cameos in it
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2023, 18:24   #9006
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM Motorsports View Post
Operation Fortune: Ruse de Guerre: 4.5/5

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=WdZ-BWWQcWQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Where is the movie being streamed?
Watched this one today on Amazon Prime Lionsgate subscription. A thoroughly entertaining Guy Ritchie-Jason Statham action movie, after Wrath Of Man(same Director-Actor combination).
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2023, 15:57   #9007
Distinguished - BHPian

Was hoping for more Guardians of the Galaxy reviews. What's the verdict? Worth going to the theater for, or wait for it on Amazon?
Old 10th May 2023, 17:42   #9008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Was hoping for more Guardians of the Galaxy reviews. What's the verdict? Worth going to the theater for, or wait for it on Amazon?
It’s among the better watches from Marvel post-Endgame, in my opinion. The storyline is predictable, but James Gunn manages to make you care for these characters, quite unlike the later outings of Thor or Dr Strange or Antman.
Pequod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2023, 07:32   #9009
Distinguished - BHPian

Gotta love movies based on true stories like these. Makes one wonder if any of the Indian brands have an origin story like these (eg. Haldiram's bhujiya sev or Balaji chips).

ninjatalli is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th May 2023, 10:44   #9010
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys, please CANCEL your post-lunch or evening plans. Open up Prime Video, order a pizza & watch "Air". You can come back to thank me after seeing it .

An exceptional movie, a straight 5 / 5 stars. This is the story of the early 1980s when Nike was big, but Adidas was bigger & Converse was the king. It's of how one determined Nike executive pursued Michael Jordan. Crazy story, awesome acting. And the movie is full of heavy hitters = Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Viola Davis & Jason Bateman.

It's one of those flicks that will blow you away. Just the introduction with "Money for nothing" playing will have you hooked. I'm going to watch it a 2nd time next weekend. With great movies, you catch a lot of the smaller nuances the 2nd time, which you missed in the 1st as you were simply wow'ed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Gotta love movies based on true stories like these. Makes one wonder if any of the Indian brands have an origin story like these (eg. Haldiram's bhujiya sev or Balaji chips).
Thanks! Will watch once it hits streaming options in India / the USA.

Last edited by GTO : 14th May 2023 at 10:45.
GTO is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 14th May 2023, 12:30   #9011
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Generally, a good watch worth visiting the theatre in my view. Typical of the satirical (bordering on sarcasm) GoG previous versions.
This one has 'Rocket' written all over it/in the role of the central protagonist, if I may.
My teenager kiddo loved it, and she also found it cool that her parents liked to go to theater with her to watch this one
JoshMachine is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th May 2023, 18:08   #9012
BHPian

Watched "Air" : 3/5

Life may be tough at few points, yet destiny is not created by the shoes we wear but rather by the steps we take. So not much point in being over-conscious about a superficial brand of shoes.

IMO meh! What was the downside for Nike? they'd have gone back to their original plan if this pitch didn't work.

IMO Compared to Ayrton Senna who actually concerned himself for the merits of the utility & quality of product he's endorsing, this is nothing but hype

Last edited by WorkingGuru : 14th May 2023 at 18:09.
WorkingGuru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2023, 18:30   #9013
Senior - BHPian

Positioning is just imprinting 'that' thought in your mind, and this is a prime example. The maximum they were expecting was 3 Million in revenues from such action. But to gross 167 Million in the first year was unprecedented indeed. So end-of-day it's just a great marketing plan that worked
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
IMO meh! What was the downside for Nike? they'd have gone back to their original plan if this pitch didn't work.
Sebring is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2023, 19:38   #9014
Senior - BHPian

Guardians of the Galaxy

What a movie! The best one marvel has churned out since the infinity saga. Rocket all the way but lots of other moments too. Watched it in IMAX and did not regret one bit.
vibbs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2023, 22:07   #9015
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
Watched "Air" : 3/5
This is one of those rare cases where you have to judge by the results. I was not surprised by the negotiations, that happens all the time, the party with a stronger position always tries to squeeze the most out of the deal. However, neither side knew how big this one would turn out to be.

Jordan is still collecting $400 million passive income because of the deal? That's mind boggling. Had he failed as an NBA star, no one would even have remembered this deal ever happened.
Samurai is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed