Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2011, 00:56   #4336
BHPian

re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Watched IMAX: Ghost Protocol

Stunts amazing; The Burj Khalifa/Dubai is the most spectacular stunt I have seen in a long time,and to watch it in IMAX is like putting yourself on the edge of your seat. The whole 5-7 minutes are breath taking.

Story wise not much exiting with almost repetitive concept on Russia-nuclear war crisis in short. But it absolutely does justice to the MI Series, and Brad Bird has done a very good job that you almost do not have time to think whether a particular scene was logical or not. Coming from an animation background(Iron Giant; Incredibles; Ratatouille) his first take on an action movie was flawless.

At 49 years Old, Tom criuse still rocks.!

P.S : Got a 5 minute scene from the upcoming Dark Knight Rises; and rest assured everyone should gear up for the finale from the Nolan brothers.
Fraz33r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2011, 02:25   #4337
Senior - BHPian

Sherlock Holmes : A game of shadows - Patchy, with flashes of masterstrokes in places. Especially the escape through the jungle and the climax was good.

3.5/5 from me.
Old 18th December 2011, 09:54   #4338
Distinguished - BHPian

MI4:GP

Edge of the seat.
catch your loo breaks beforehand.
anything else would be a spoiler.

Just 2 gripes'
1. ving rhames-if he aint there, cool. a gratuitous cameo was unnecessary.
2. Mr. anil kapoor

"Sir, please give me some work in your company.any work.I am willing to start from the bottom to catch a break.please, sir, please, my brother is a cop, and i am a nobody sir.I have forgotten my maths, i used to be able to do 4-2 ka 1, and i was a body builder too, mr.india.but i dream of mr. cruise"

seems to me, he said.
dang, least he could have been given one gun to shoot!
his bit part, combined with all the hoopla he has been making getting seen with tom cruise and party in india, it seems he is the tour operator more like, than a host for them in india.

go watch.

PS: that indian bit is in india, actually, yes?
excluding the parking of course.
so finally we have seen the Indian veyron?
yay!
Old 19th December 2011, 14:57   #4339
BHPian

Watched "A cat in paris", animated french thriller/mystery movie(with english subtitles).Animation is basic but overall neatly compiled & worth watching.
Old 19th December 2011, 15:33   #4340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
PS: that indian bit is in india, actually, yes?
Ladies walking in out-dated clothes on the busy streets of Mumbai, and some vehicles on the roads which look like Tuk Tuks (or TATA Ape) is a little strange!

Only two minutes of actual India make it to the film. The other shots thought to be filmed in India (including Bangalore), have actually been shot in North America/Canada.

PS: Loved the film anyway! A complete thrilling entertainer
Old 19th December 2011, 17:57   #4341
BHPian

Got the following lined up:
1) American Psycho
2) Warrior
3) The Debt
4) The Firm
5) Dolphin Tale
6) Margin Call
7) Our Idiot Brother
8) Super 8
9) The Devils Double

Lemme know your reviews - if any of you has watched the above

Cheers
Old 19th December 2011, 21:02   #4342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraz33r View Post
Watched IMAX: Ghost Protocol

Stunts amazing; The Burj Khalifa/Dubai is the most spectacular stunt I have seen in a long time,and to watch it in IMAX is like putting yourself on the edge of your seat. The whole 5-7 minutes are breath taking.

P.S : Got a 5 minute scene from the upcoming Dark Knight Rises; and rest assured everyone should gear up for the finale from the Nolan brothers.
I was more interested in watching the preview of Dark Knight Rises and that was the reason I had booked the tickets in IMAX. The scene featuring Bane, reminded a lot of the Joker's opening Bank scene in the Dark Knight, only, on a much bigger scale. I had so far been under whelmed by the previews , but this one has sent my interest soaring again. Can't wait for the movie to be released.

Mission Impossible was very good too, especially in IMAX. Seems like Brad Bird has taken inspiration from Nolan and shot a lot of scenes using IMAX cameras. The scenes in Dubai were amazing on the big screen in full IMAX resolution. The climax in the parking lot reminded me of the climax scene in Monsters Inc . Brad Bird has a great future in both animated as well as live action movies.
Old 20th December 2011, 03:30   #4343
BHPian

Watched MI: Ghost Protocol.

+ve : Awesome stunt scenes allover.
-ve: Scenes happens in India was actually made in holly wood with sets. There are lot of cars in parking lot with non Indian license plates (how did they miss?).
Sun TV uplink center shown place used for Satellite network.. Somehow it doesn't click for me.
Watched in Imax and gripping action scenes keep you glued to screen but anyhow they were not a 'edge of the seat' anyhow.

One time watch: 3/5
Old 20th December 2011, 05:45   #4344
Senior - BHPian

Watched Man on Fire (2004) yesterday starring Denzel Washington. Its listed amongst Top 100 thrillers of all times. The story revolves around an ex-assassin who becomes a bodyguard to a rich family in Mexico. And when the person he protected gets kidnapped, DW goes all out to seek revenge. Revealing anything else will be a spoiler.
A must watch!
Rating: 4/5
Old 20th December 2011, 11:34   #4345
Senior - BHPian

Watched MI4:Ghost Protocol yesterday. Good action scenes. Loved the stunts on the Burj Khalifa. I heard Tom Cruise himself did those stunts (?). That said, Tom Cruise looks old. Maybe he should take tips from Bollywood on how to look more younger.

The producers could have spent more on learning their geography (for the Indian scenes). They are in Mumbai and suddenly they go to a place 6.7 miles out of Mumbai and we see them in a place with Kannada signs all over. How stupid is that?
Even the number plates on the cars are not Indian. Was that so hard to just check how the number plates are written in India? I know it is just a movie, but still
Old 20th December 2011, 12:25   #4346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Was that so hard to just check how the number plates are written in India? I know it is just a movie, but still
+ LHD vehicles!

Watched it and I rate it 2/5. Burj Khalifa scenes are really good.
Old 20th December 2011, 13:38   #4347
BHPian

Has anyone watched Oldboy (Korean)? Mind-blowing story and superb performances. The climax is nerve-chilling.
"Zinda" was a copy of cat, though nowhere near it.
Old 20th December 2011, 13:51   #4348
BHPian

Watched Warrior and The Inbetweeners Movie movie this weekend. Warrior was awesome! Tom Hardy has acted very well. Lots of action.
The Inbetweeners Movie on the other hand was just a one time watch but funny.
Old 20th December 2011, 21:57   #4349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Watched Man on Fire (2004) yesterday starring Denzel Washington. Its listed amongst Top 100 thrillers of all times. The story revolves around an ex-assassin who becomes a bodyguard to a rich family in Mexico. And when the person he protected gets kidnapped, DW goes all out to seek revenge. Revealing anything else will be a spoiler.
A must watch!
Rating: 4/5
There is an Indian copy of this with Big B.

watched.

1. Green Lantern. Starring Ryan Reynols, a superhero movie based on comic book character. The girls is very beautiful. a one time watch.

2. Trespass. Starring Nicholas Cage and Kidman. What a silly movie.
Old 21st December 2011, 07:54   #4350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha View Post
Has anyone watched Oldboy (Korean)? Mind-blowing story and superb performances. The climax is nerve-chilling.
"Zinda" was a copy of cat, though nowhere near it.
Oldboy is an awesome movie. It is one of my favourite movies. This is the 3rd part of a trilogy of movies called "The Vengeance Trilogy" ( although all the movies are separate from each other ). The other movies are called "Sympathy for Mr Vengeance" and "Lady Vengeance". They are good movies too, although Oldboy is the best among the three.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks