Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2021, 20:53   #1891
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Regional movies thread!

Another Malayalam movie that I would heartily recommend is Joseph (2018). Saw it just yesterday. Joju George is the main character in this mystery/thriller. Slow burn, but a must watch. Streaming on prime video. 4/5
arvind71181 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2021, 21:18   #1892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
My dear Kannadiga brothers,

Can you please suggest me which are the must-watch recent movies of Puneeth Rajkumar and Sudeep
Hey dude, sandalwood these days has lost the plot, you'll be better off with amazing Malayalam flicks. I just cant fathom I for not finding Utharam, with subs, and I'm borderline depressed

Last edited by doxinboy : 17th May 2021 at 21:20.
doxinboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2021, 02:21   #1893
Senior - BHPian

The Regional movies thread!-poster.png
Saw Operation Java & Nayattu. Both are very good movies.

Operation Java is about 2 young guys who join the cyber police cell on a temporary basis. The story is based on various cases and incidents in which they assist. Overall a very good movie with good cinematography. Would give it 3.5/5.

Nayattu is a different movie altogether. It is a very grim portrayal of the reality faced by 3 police officers who are on the run with some brilliant performances and writing. I felt the ending of the movie is very apt, before the credits (bus journey) where a 'blind' or 'almost blind' woman casts her vote. That there, is very symbolic with what the movie is telling us. Would easily give this movie 4/5.

You can check out what the writer of the movie too had to say about the ending and movie at this link:
https://www.onmanorama.com/entertain...-and-joju.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Another Malayalam movie that I would heartily recommend is Joseph (2018). Saw it just yesterday. Joju George is the main character in this mystery/thriller. Slow burn, but a must watch. Streaming on prime video. 4/5
Both Joseph and Nayattu are written by the same person - Shahi Kabir who is a civil police officer with the Kerala Police.

Last edited by TrackDay : 18th May 2021 at 02:30.
TrackDay is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th May 2021, 04:44   #1894
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
Operation Java is about 2 young guys who join the cyber police cell on a temporary basis. The story is based on various cases and incidents in which they assist. Overall a very good movie with good cinematography. Would give it 3.5/5.
Which platform is this on? I don't recall seeing it on Netflix.
Old 18th May 2021, 07:38   #1895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Which platform is this on? I don't recall seeing it on Netflix.
On ZEE5. They have a desktop version and app as well.

I signed up for a Rs.499/year subscription (which is the minimum) to just watch this movie. Let me see if it has got any other good flicks in it.
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2021, 08:25   #1896
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
I signed up for a Rs.499/year subscription (which is the minimum) to just watch this movie. Let me see if it has got any other good flicks in it.
It has Radhe streaming on it that you could try watching. Going by the reviews, you could ask for a refund and even some compensation for mental agony if you manage to sit through it.
binand is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 18th May 2021, 10:56   #1897
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

ZEE5 has couple more new Malayalam flicks. 'Wolf' and 'Krishnankutty Pani thudangi'. Both are average, but pass time watch. Has some 2019/20 movies also which are ok watches.

Manju Warrier's new techno horror-Chaturmukham is also coming on ZEE5 in the next few weeks.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2021, 11:19   #1898
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I don't think these apps will allow me to access from outside India. Sony didn't allow. Guess i'll have to wait till Operation Java comes up on other OTT platforms such as Netflix, Prime or Neestream.
benbsb29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2021, 14:10   #1899
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I don't think these apps will allow me to access from outside India. Sony didn't allow. Guess i'll have to wait till Operation Java comes up on other OTT platforms such as Netflix, Prime or Neestream.
Zee5 should be available for you in Australia. Here it cost SGD 8.98 per month. I subscribe via iTunes and renew the subscription only on need basis; just renewed for a month as I see two movies in the list – Operation Java and Wolf.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2021, 21:48   #1900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
My dear Kannadiga brothers,

Can you please suggest me which are the must-watch recent movies of Puneeth Rajkumar and Sudeep?

Recently, I had watched both Yuvarathnaa and Robert and I felt Yuvarathnaa was much better than Robert, which I felt lame in terms of the storyline!

I'm a Telugu guy and I watch other language movies as well apart from our Tollywood movies!
I'm surprised you liked Yuvarathna. Anyways, there are quite a few good Kannada movies sans Big Stars. Two of them I recommend are "Arishadvarga" and "Kavaludaari". They are thriller genre and not fast paced. BGM and songs are contemporary and sinks you in with story line
akhil_007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2021, 15:07   #1901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
Saw Operation Java & Nayattu. Both are very good movies.
I agree, had watched these 2 movies over the past week. Really good ones.

Operation Java Not only does this movie make the public aware of various online scams, but also there are quite a lot of good laugh, blended very well into the story line. Had a hearty laugh watching it.
My rating: 4/5.

Nayattu Brilliant performances, a little hard hitting with reality. Politicians rule, helpless police force, the toll it takes.
Edit: Forgot to credit the gem of a villian, Dineesh. What an acting, the way he taunts an enraged police officer is something.
Name:  Dineesh.png
Views: 861
Size:  310.6 KB
My rating: 4/5.

Source: (Its in malayalam)

Last edited by Spinnerr : 19th May 2021 at 15:26. Reason: Edit: Updated
Spinnerr is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th May 2021, 18:12   #1902
BHPian

Thank you all for suggesting Driving Licence, Nayattu, AK, Java, Joji, & the best Joseph and Indian Kitchen. Owning up the dishes, serving food myself and laundry nowadays.

Joseph is a must watch and I envy you guys to get such movies. In Tamil we do get many such plots, but down the line they miss the plot or suspense or screenplay.

Keep it coming please.

Open for other languages - Kannada, Telugu, C++ and Python too with comments (read as subtitles)
Ananthang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2021, 23:59   #1903
BANNED

Watched two movies

Nizhal 4/5 wasn't expecting much due to average rating, but i really liked it for the visuals, amazing background score. Well directed and slow paced simple physiological thriller. Most people wont like it because of the slow pace, but one of a kind movie in malayalam.

Nayattu 2/5 didn't like the story at all, seemed too far fetched and comical, but technically its brilliant be it cinematography, music, direction.
Old 20th May 2021, 11:24   #1904
Distinguished - BHPian

Aarkkariyam-Malayalam-Prime-Biju Menon-Parvathy-Sharafudeen: Another one with the lockdown as the background. Sharaf and Parvathy are a Mumbai based husband and wife going through some financial difficulties. They travel to their hometown in Pala, Kerala, just before the lockdown, where her father-Biju Menon lives alone in a typical Kerala setting. You first think the movie maybe about the journey, then because of money and financial troubles, you think it is that, then you think it may become a thriller. Turns out to be nothing of that sort. Just about relationships. Nicely acted and shot. Average watch though: Rating 2.5/5
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2021, 12:08   #1905
BHPian

I watched Nayattu, AK Ayyappanum Koshium and Mumbai Police, and all of them were brilliant.

A friend got me to see these and now I am hooked to "mallu" movies (the right one's).

I watched one more yesterday, forgetting the name now, its about a a Dr who was tortured by his father as a child, uses another child and the abducted twin daughter of a IPS police officer as the face of the crimes that he does.
Was not as good as the top 3 that I mentioned but it is a welcome from the normal Bollywood crap that we are so accustomed too!

"M loving M movies"

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks