Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2011, 13:05   #346
Team-BHP Support

Re: Passport Renewal Procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by adentist View Post
Yes. They can have different addresses. Also, you can apply in parallel as long as you are not planning to use your passport as address proof for her.
Thanks.

She has a voter I Card at this address, plus a marriage certificate. And my passport cannot be used as proof anyways because it carries the old address. So these three can be done in parallel :
  1. Apply for a fresh passport for wife
  2. Add her name as spouse in my passport
  3. Get address updated on my passport

Last edited by Eddy : 28th June 2011 at 13:30.
Old 28th June 2011, 13:18   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
  1. Apply for a fresh passport for wife
  2. Add her name as spouse in my passport
  3. Get address updated on my passport
Yes, all of these can be done in parallel.
Old 28th June 2011, 22:03   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Also can I change my signature in the passport? I am stuck with different signature on my PAN card. :(
There is an option 'change of signature' while applying for renewal. You can choose this option when you apply.
Old 7th July 2011, 11:48   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I went to the PSK at ORR on the 10th for my passport reissue. Here are a few pointers on how/ what to do it in Bangalore.

1) Register at Passport Seva Portal to apply online, upload documents and take an appointment. All details on what/ which documents to carry/ use are given there.
2) Go to the PSK on the given date with all the originals and the print of the appointment letter which you will get from the website.
3) There are 4 counters at the PSK office at ORR: A check counter, counter A, B & C.
4) One will need to stand in a queue outside the main door and the guard will look at the appointment letter to let you into the check counter. (You cannot take your helmet inside the building and there is parking available for both car & bike. Also, carry your shades as you may do a bit of sun bathing in the queue.)
5) At the check counter, all your documents are verified for completeness and you will be issued with a token number. Don't fret if you need a photocopy of something, they have a photocopier as well.
6) This token is then used for the movement to counter A, B and C.
7) In counter A, the documents are verified, some documents are scanned, the photo is taken and the online application is submitted. They also will show the soft copy of your new passport on the screen. The applicant will be given a file with the completed application and all the necessary documentation inside.
8) Till this stage the applicant will encounter only TCS folks and they do their bit to keep the applicants relaxed.
9) In counter B, a Passport office official will double check your application file.
10) In counter C, another Passport office official will collect your application file.
11) And you are on your way out after giving an online feedback at the door.

The next step is the Police verification and upon successful completion of the same, your new passport will come home.
Even after waiting 3 weeks, the Police didn't come home for verification. So I visited the station and they asked me to search for my application in a huge stack of passport applications. Luckily, I found mine and then they gave me a set of other forms to be filled in. I also had to head back home to get the signature of my neighbours mentioned in my application for reference. Also, carry all the photocopies of documents submitted at PSK and 2 additional photographs.

Finally, all the papers have to be signed by the highest ranking official of that particular station and sent to the passport office.

So, if you are wondering what is happening to your new passport after completion of all formalities at the PSK, please head to the Police Station mentioned in your application.
Old 7th July 2011, 13:31   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Even after waiting 3 weeks, the Police didn't come home for verification. So I visited the station and they asked me to search for my application in a huge stack of passport applications. Luckily, I found mine and then they gave me a set of other forms to be filled in. I also had to head back home to get the signature of my neighbours mentioned in my application for reference. Also, carry all the photocopies of documents submitted at PSK and 2 additional photographs.

Finally, all the papers have to be signed by the highest ranking official of that particular station and sent to the passport office.

So, if you are wondering what is happening to your new passport after completion of all formalities at the PSK, please head to the Police Station mentioned in your application.
Is it the same for Passport renewal too. I applied for passport renewal and it is more than a month still the online status shows PR FILED NULL. Should I go to the police station and search for my form ?
Old 7th July 2011, 13:44   #351
MCR
BHPian

I had applied for Re-issue under Tatkaal scheme. I got the passport delivered in 7 days flat, including 2 non-working days. Thats really fast considering the number of applicants. There is no police verification required since there is no change in residential address in my case.
Old 7th July 2011, 19:43   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathann View Post
Is it the same for Passport renewal too. I applied for passport renewal and it is more than a month still the online status shows PR FILED NULL. Should I go to the police station and search for my form ?
Yes, even I had gone for passport renewal with an address change. Go to the Police Station for your address.
Old 7th July 2011, 19:52   #353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Folks,

I was happy to see an update on the status of my passport renewal (I'd applied on April 23rd)

The message that was a standard 'police verification not received' for the past one month has now been updated to 'Police report is clear and passport is expected to be despatched on 4-07-2011. Subject to all documents being in order'.

At least they bothered to update the status. But let me see if they stick to their date. I am saying this keeping other members' horror stories in mind, apart from daily woes expressed in the Times of India.
Further to the above, I checked the status online today, as the passport was supposed to be despatched on July 4th. The new status message reads as:

"It is to regret that due to unavoidable circumstances the despatch of Passport has been delayed and will now be despatched in a week's time"

Perhaps the Telenagana bandhs have had their toll, but I do remember reading in the TOI that this is a strategy they normally adopt, and that it might take at least a month for them to despatch it.

Sorry state of affairs indeed for Hyderabad guys.
Old 7th July 2011, 23:11   #354
BHPian

Quote:
I went to the PSK at ORR on the 10th for my passport reissue. Here are a few pointers on how/ what to do it in Bangalore.

1) Register at Passport Seva Portal to apply online, upload documents and take an appointment. All details on what/ which documents to carry/ use are given there.
2) Go to the PSK on the given date with all the originals and the print of the appointment letter which you will get from the website.
3) There are 4 counters at the PSK office at ORR: A check counter, counter A, B & C.
4) One will need to stand in a queue outside the main door and the guard will look at the appointment letter to let you into the check counter. (You cannot take your helmet inside the building and there is parking available for both car & bike. Also, carry your shades as you may do a bit of sun bathing in the queue.)
5) At the check counter, all your documents are verified for completeness and you will be issued with a token number. Don't fret if you need a photocopy of something, they have a photocopier as well.
6) This token is then used for the movement to counter A, B and C.
7) In counter A, the documents are verified, some documents are scanned, the photo is taken and the online application is submitted. They also will show the soft copy of your new passport on the screen. The applicant will be given a file with the completed application and all the necessary documentation inside.
8) Till this stage the applicant will encounter only TCS folks and they do their bit to keep the applicants relaxed.
9) In counter B, a Passport office official will double check your application file.
10) In counter C, another Passport office official will collect your application file.
11) And you are on your way out after giving an online feedback at the door.

The next step is the Police verification and upon successful completion of the same, your new passport will come home.
Got my passport renewal along with inclusion of wife's name done at PSK Mangalore. Exact same procedure as deetjohn has put up here.PSK Mangalore too has parking,photocopier,wheelchairs. A very pleasant experience for a change.
I had gone for renewal of the passport due to expire in November with the same address as the earlier one. Thought the PSK website did not ask for any address proof, they did take the bank statement from me.
@deetjohn, Thanks for the above post. It helped understand the process flow very clearly and be prepared with the correct documents and copies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
My mother had applied for a re-issue of her passport. She went to the PSK in Bangalore (she stays in Hassan) and finished the formalities. was told that the passport would arrive in 20 days.
There was no change in address or in any particulars. Everything was the same. But, a week/10 days after she received her passport, she got a call from the local police station that a verification was to be done. The policeman asked her to get two witnesses known to her and go to the police station where he could complete the formalities.

Has somebody else also faced this type of situation?
The acknowledgement slip I recieved from the PSK after submitting the application at C counter says I will have a police verification after issuance of passport. I saw it after exiting the PSK, otherwise could have asked the official about it. There is no change in address for me as well.

to TCS people. Nice job.
Deep Blue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2011, 08:33   #355
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
My mother had applied for a re-issue of her passport. She went to the PSK in Bangalore (she stays in Hassan) and finished the formalities. She was told that the passport would arrive in 20 days.

Exactly after 20 days she received the new passport at our house. There was no change in address or in any particulars. Everything was the same. But, a week/10 days after she received her passport, she got a call from the local police station that a verification was to be done. The policeman asked her to get two witnesses known to her and go to the police station where he could complete the formalities.

Although she did not face any problem, I can understand if verification is done before issuance of the passport, but what is there to verify after she got the passport? There were no changes in the particulars in any way.

Has somebody else also faced this type of situation?
This is strange. In the acknowledgement I received from the PSK, there is "NA" mentioned under the "police verification" cell. So I beleive there is no police verification necessary. However the system can surprise us, lets wait and see.

Please check what was mentioned on the acknowledgement received by your mother.
Old 8th July 2011, 19:02   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
This is strange. In the acknowledgement I received from the PSK, there is "NA" mentioned under the "police verification" cell. So I beleive there is no police verification necessary. However the system can surprise us, lets wait and see.

Please check what was mentioned on the acknowledgement received by your mother.
I think it depends on the moods and fancies of the passport officer sitting there. I too got renewal of a due to expire passport with the same address. But in the acknowledgement slip, it says "post verification" under police verification mode.
Old 8th July 2011, 20:59   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
My passport expired a year back. So would it be renewal this time around or do i have to go for the fresh passport application all over again.
If passport expired within 3 years its the same procedure. In fact it is same procedure as applying for a new passport, but only difference is if your address is not changed from old passport, there is no police verification required, and no address proof required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
what are the documents required for fresh application viz a renewal. Also I stay in a rented home whereas my own house has been rented out. So in that case can i show my house agreement for the passport purpose. Also in case of police verification is it okay for my tenants to certify that the house belongs to me.
You will have to mention the address at which you are staying for the past one year, even though it is rented. In the past one year if you have stayed in more than one place, you will have to mention all address at which you stayed and produce relevent data for all of them for the period of stay.

The easiest acceptable document for me was bank statement of one year with a cover letter from bank. You can tell bank that you need one year account statement with a cover letter for passport application. This is a very known procedure to banks and there wont be any issue getting it.

For getting valid documents visit the bangalore PPO website. Even though many places people mentioned more than one address proof is required, they didnt ask me for a second one. All I submitted was Bank statement with cover letter from bank, Marriage certificate for getting spouse name added and copy of old passport.
Old 11th July 2011, 18:36   #358
BHPian

All,

Last 2 days I am not able to see the status of my application at the Passport Seva Portal (http://passportindia.gov.in)

It is giving only blanks. Does any one has this same problem??

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 11th July 2011, 19:03   #359
Senior - BHPian

Just came back from Delhi Passport office after one very very frustrating day. Nothing and absolutely nothing have changed in past 10 years , except number of lines have increased.

Got my renewed passport last week with wrong DOB .

Quote:
The address on my passport is different from my current address, where I have been residing for more than 3 years.
Do you have any proof of you residing there for last one year?

Quote:
My wife has to apply for a fresh passport (on my current address), and I also want to include her name in my passport. Question is, can the two passports (her and mine) have different addresses ?
Practically NO, why would you like to do that.

Quote:
If I want to change the address on my passport, can it be done in parallel to her applying for the passport or does she have to wait till my address gets updated and then apply ?
there are two ways?

1. If she has some proof of residence for current address and marriage certificate and ID proofs, I think she can go ahead independent of your passport.

2. But if she is using your passport as proof of address and then you will have to go togather
Old 11th July 2011, 19:16   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
Got my renewed passport last week with wrong DOB .
Do you know what is the procedure to get it corrected?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks