Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2019, 08:09   #1336
BHPian

Re: Emigrating to a Foreign Land!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Anyone who's gone through Australia PR route recently (or in the past), and can help on a few pointers? Please do pm me (or let me know if I can reach out)

We did it two years before. Do let me know if I am of any help.

Alternatively checkout Expatforum.com's Australia section. There you will get latest information from multiple sources.
Old 20th January 2019, 09:48   #1337

Quote:
Anyone who's gone through Australia PR route recently (or in the past), and can help on a few pointers? Please do pm me (or let me know if I can reach out)
Hi Ninjatalli,

I have immigrated to Australia via PR route. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions. Will try to address your queries.

Cheers!!
Old 22nd January 2019, 10:43   #1338
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, I had done my PR almost 3 years ago. Not much has changed with regard to processes and documents. However, I believe the time line have been stretched a lot. Happy to help in any way I can.
Old 22nd January 2019, 11:46   #1339
Senior - BHPian

It's a bit unique case for me.
I got Canada PR invitation in around middle of October 2018.
However, I haven't received any intimation for medical.
Is this possible in the first place ?
Was thinking how much more time will be needed for PR.
Old 22nd January 2019, 12:47   #1340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
To my knowledge Medical is something you need to call and setup. There will not be any intimation around it. Once you received the invitation ( I assume here you mean your application was picked up in the draw) you have around 90 days to submit all the required documents. If you have not done it yet then you need to hurry as you might be exhausting that period sometime this month depending on when you got the invite in October
Old 22nd January 2019, 13:31   #1341
BHPian

Hi all, anyone who's gone through Canada PR route recently, and can help out on a trusted agency to go through? Appreciate a PM please, thanks.
Old 22nd January 2019, 14:08   #1342
BHPian

Quote:
It's a bit unique case for me.
Is this possible in the first place ?
Was thinking how much more time will be needed for PR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
To my knowledge Medical is something you need to call and setup. There will not be any intimation around it. Once you received the invitation ( I assume here you mean your application was picked up in the draw) you have around 90 days to submit all the required documents. If you have not done it yet then you need to hurry as you might be exhausting that period sometime this month depending on when you got the invite in October
The duration in 60 days. So your invite should have expired by now, and you need to re-apply. As centaur mentioned, there is no such thing as intimation for medical. Post shortlist in the draw, your application in the portal will re-open for you to edit and add new details to what you had already submitted. Once done, it will take you to the next page where you have to upload all supporting documents, including medical and police clearance certificate.

I'm surprised you missed this info since the email communications by IRCC are pretty self explanatory at each step, not to mention the tons of forums which are good enough to figure out every tiny detail.

Last edited by avisidhu : 22nd January 2019 at 14:09.
Old 22nd January 2019, 14:47   #1343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avisidhu View Post
The duration in 60 days. So your invite should have expired by now, and you need to re-apply. As centaur mentioned, there is no such thing as intimation for medical. Post shortlist in the draw, your application in the portal will re-open for you to edit and add new details to what you had already submitted. Once done, it will take you to the next page where you have to upload all supporting documents, including medical and police clearance certificate.

I'm surprised you missed this info since the email communications by IRCC are pretty self explanatory at each step, not to mention the tons of forums which are good enough to figure out every tiny detail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
Am shocked beyond words. My sister is handling the application from Canada. Am attaching the screenshot I have received which didn't talk of anything more than four documents.

What should be next move ? Am planning to approach govt for extending the deadline.
Attached Thumbnails
Emigrating to a Foreign Land!-20190122_144118.jpg  

Old 22nd January 2019, 15:00   #1344
BHPian

Quote:
AAm attaching the screenshot I have received which didn't talk of anything more than four documents.

What should be next move ? Am planning to approach govt for extending the deadline.
Di you put your application in the pool for the draw? From your screenshot I think they are requesting for additional information to consider you eligible for the pool itself but I am not completely sure. If that is the case then there is no need for you to worry. Just sent the documents and get into the pool and wait for an ITA

Govt will not extend the deadline in any case what so ever. If you have received the ITA and you have missed the deadline then the only option is to put your application in the pool and wait again. Also this is the response you will get from them too. Try contacting them anyway just in case you turn lucky
Old 9th February 2019, 01:25   #1345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post
Thanks for your inputs.

I am expecting the legalised aka apostilled documents next week. Issue is that the immigration lawer is going on leave and hence it may happen that I get the certificates late enough to push back my joining.

From your post it seems that apostilled documents would not be required for my own visa. I was wondering if in this case I can request immigration team of employer to arrange for my work permit first and subsequently apply for my family which anyways would join me only after a couple of months.

Would check with them as well but thought of asking you if you had done so, know of someone who has done this way and what issues, if any.
Now that I am slowly finding foot in the Netherlands, thought of sharing the latest process in case someone is reading through.

Netherlands High Skilled migration visa is apparently called MVV. In my case, it was applied by employer in Netherlands, while I was in India. During the process, I was asked to submit scanned copy of the apostilled birth certificates of wife, kid and our marriage certificate.

THe MVV approval letter in Dutch was mailed to me and our the immigration lawyer asked us to proceed with applying for stamping through the Netherlandsandyou website (different than schengen visa website). The appointment is done at consulate in Fort and not at VFS in Mahalaxmi. After submitting the documents, received our Passports with MVV valid for 3 months within 10 days.

I soon traveled to the Netherlands where on the subsequent day of my arriving, I went to IND office in Amsterdam Zuid (appointment was take by immigration lady). Came out in 30 minutes with MVV for 2 years, Gementee (Municipality) registration done. I was required to submit my Apostilled birth certificate. Mine was issued in Hindi and I had got it translated in English and also apostilled the translated copy. In recent times, the time taken seems to have improved drastically as earlier it used to take 2 weeks for registration, further 2 weeks for social security number (called BSN here) and only then one could open bank account. Mine was opened with temporary BSN code in dot 30 minutes.

Process is simple and straightforward however, one needs to have grand patience. Appointments at Mumbai and Delhi are in high demand. I had to wait nearly 15 days after getting MVV mail.

I used an agency service for apostilling work due to which matter speeded up significantly.
Old 13th February 2019, 05:13   #1346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
Hi all, anyone who's gone through Canada PR route recently, and can help out on a trusted agency to go through? Appreciate a PM please, thanks.

Suggest you to do it yourself, if possible- you can save those monies for settlement later on when you land (which is sometimes over 10,000 CAD for a family of 4).
Old 24th February 2019, 09:00   #1347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobvarughese View Post
Suggest you to do it yourself, if possible-
Hi, can you please share the process for the same? And tentative costs involved. Thanks.
Old 5th July 2019, 10:56   #1348
BANNED

Re: Sikh drivers are transforming U.S. trucking. Take a ride along the Punjabi American highway

This is sad. The US used to be a haven of educated and highly skilled Indian immigrants. Doctors and engineers. It took some level of sophistication to come to the US.

Now we have Indians turning the US into another Qatar, Dubai, or UAE ?

I'm all for immigration, but Trump is right on this. The US doesn't need more unskilled laborers coming in. At least in the US Indians have a reputed image. God forbid it is tarnished.

I've come across these Punjabi truck drivers. They may be well meaning, but they barely speak English, they don't assimilate into society, and they stick out like a sore thumb. They're generally mistaken for you know who.

I may sound condescending, but I work in the US as a white-collar Indian. We suffer enough image negativity just for not being white, the last thing we need is non-white and blue collar which would put is in the same boat as Mexicans.

The entire immigration debate started in America for this particular reason. I'm a staunch critique of people migrating for these jobs and it's essentially exporting of Indian joblessness at the cost of American hires. God forbid these people show up in droves, which'll make sentiment worse than it is.

Also, I've driven a truck once for the heck of it when I found one in a construction lot. It is by far the worst thing to drive. There is probably no other job worse than truck driving except being a bomb squad member. It's appalling this path has struck a chord with Punjabis. I am yet to see Bengalis or Oriyas in this industry. The Punjabis have taken a strong likening towards it.

Disappointed to see this article. May sound very bitter and harsh, but this isn't an image Indians should be representing abroad.

Last edited by D33-PAC : 5th July 2019 at 11:14.
D33-PAC is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2019, 11:41   #1349
BHPian

Re: Sikh drivers are transforming U.S. trucking. Take a ride along the Punjabi American highway

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
This is sad.
=======
Disappointed to see this article. May sound very bitter and harsh, but this isn't an image Indians should be representing abroad.
I am amazed at this response. I am reminded of an acquaintance who married a British passport holder roughly five years ago, migrated, and today, is a staunch supporter of Brexit! Unless you are a second generation Indian American, your 'white collar job' notwithstanding, you too are an immigrant. One who successfully grabbed a job that was meant for an American

Please read up on open market economics - if there is a demand-supply mismatch, there will always be an opportunity for the willing - and have some empathy for a fellow human, one who is simply trying to better his/her standard of life.
sam_babushka is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 5th July 2019, 13:06   #1350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
This is sad. The US used to be a haven of educated and highly skilled Indian immigrants. Doctors and engineers. It took some level of sophistication to come to the US.

Now we have Indians turning the US into another Qatar, Dubai, or UAE ?

At least in the US Indians have a reputed image. God forbid it is tarnished.

I've come across these Punjabi truck drivers. They may be well meaning, but they barely speak English, they don't assimilate into society, and they stick out like a sore thumb. They're generally mistaken for you know who.
We suffer enough image negativity just for not being white, the last thing we need is non-white and blue collar which would put is in the same boat as Mexicans.
Sir, I don't agree with you. Why shouldn't blue collar workers migrate if there is an opportunity. Pardon me, but your post sounds elitist to me.

I would like to point out that a substantial percentage of your so called white collar immigrants from India are seen as less competent than their Blanco counterparts and are paid less.
This is because of the bad colleges in India from which they get their degrees.
Many of them immigrate under highly skilled categories, but get into unskilled jobs or businesses because they are not good enough to fit into the white collar jobs.

In this scenario, I think there is no harm if someone from India takes up unskilled jobs in the US if there is a requirement.
Afterall, they are not getting into crime like many of their Latino counterparts.

Last edited by Enobarbus : 5th July 2019 at 13:09.
Enobarbus is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks