Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2014, 23:07   #7951
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Cricket Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja View Post
Dhoni has always preferred 7 batsmen + 4 bowlers for tests, Binny can swing the ball with his decent pace and is quite a handy batsmen and MIGHT prove more handy than Rohit . Im just hoping Ishant doesnt play !
Where is the 4th bowler? Binny in tests is a bits & pieces player, i hope he comes good & proves me wrong. Jadeja is more of a support bowler. Ashwin surprisingly doesn't feature in the 11 posted on Cricinfo.
Ishant is playing, apparently he's the spearhead of our Bowling attack.
Old 10th July 2014, 13:05   #7952
BHPian

pitch's behaviour has something to do with Srinivasan's recent elevation at ICC?
Old 10th July 2014, 13:09   #7953
Senior - BHPian

I was surprised to see the pitch behave the way it did, Even Srini could not have asked for such specific pitch. I mean, on Day 1, in England the ball being bowled at close to 140kmph was hardly traveling to the keeper. This is worse than India, at least on day one there would be some bounce.
Old 10th July 2014, 13:42   #7954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
I was surprised to see the pitch behave the way it did, Even Srini could not have asked for such specific pitch. I mean, on Day 1, in England the ball being bowled at close to 140kmph was hardly traveling to the keeper. This is worse than India, at least on day one there would be some bounce.
The reason for the pitch being so docile is that the grounds want to have 5 days of cricket to collect maximum gate money. The grounds bid for matches and to make up for the bidding amount, they look for maximum revenues. This hurts the English cricket team for obvious reasons. And helps the tourists, especially the sub-continent teams
Old 10th July 2014, 20:12   #7955
BHPian

Really Nice stand at the end by Shami and Kumar. Didn't the pitch creator say he didn't want 180 all out score and was going to prepare a pitch that can get big scores.
Old 13th July 2014, 16:15   #7956
Team-BHP Support

Hmmm, two early wickets and India is on the backfoot now. Let's see how they react to the pressure of saving the game on the last day.

Anything between 4-5 runs per over will be gettable for England.
Old 13th July 2014, 18:23   #7957
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Let's see how they react to the pressure of saving the game on the last day.
India have never been good at saving games! But if this pair of Binny & Jadeja do manage to, then it would be great for their Test careers. I don't think Jadeja has batted this long ever in a Test innings!
Old 13th July 2014, 19:09   #7958
BHPian

Jadeja really did fight it out for his 30 odd. Good innings. Looked woefully out of nick but hung on. Lets hope we can hold on for another hour with about 40 runs and we 'should' be safe.

Really careless shots by Indians. First Dhawan, then Vijay and then to top it off Pujara. The cloud cover made the ball swing a lot more than expected and we have had a very interesting day today.

PS. : Impressed with Binny. Hope he continues.
Old 13th July 2014, 20:32   #7959
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
India have never been good at saving games! But if this pair of Binny & Jadeja do manage to, then it would be great for their Test careers. I don't think Jadeja has batted this long ever in a Test innings!
They've done it. I followed the match on cricinfo & looks like Binny played well but Jadeja was lucky.

Anyways, Dhoni should declare and go after Captain Cook. A low score would complete a horrible test match for him - bowled behind his legs, couple of dropped catched etc.
Old 13th July 2014, 20:39   #7960
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Is Bhuvaneshwar Kumar India's new lower order all-rounder ? A fifty in the first innings and now 31 not out, Go Bhuvi!
Old 13th July 2014, 20:45   #7961
Team-BHP Support

^^ Which only means that his bowling will only go downhill, going by the previous Indian allrounders
Old 13th July 2014, 21:08   #7962
D4D
BHPian

I hope Bhuvi continues to bowl well. India really let go of the game even after they had vice-grip over it.
Old 13th July 2014, 21:46   #7963
Distinguished - BHPian

Two Fifties and a Five wicket haul. The first time ever in Test Cricket! Bhuvaneshwar Kumar will cherish this forever.

In this test, two last wicket partnerships were over Hundred and an opening Batsman took a Wicket

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 13th July 2014 at 21:49.
Old 20th July 2014, 00:25   #7964
PPS
Senior - BHPian

The reason for Virat being distracted & not getting big scores is below:

http://indianexpress.com/article/spo...g-in-wags-too/

Murali Vijay was someone whom people least expected to do well has come good in the series so far! Match is heading to an exciting finish. Tomorrow should be interesting.
Old 20th July 2014, 10:26   #7965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
The reason for Virat being distracted & not getting big scores is below:

http://indianexpress.com/article/spo...g-in-wags-too/

Murali Vijay was someone whom people least expected to do well has come good in the series so far! Match is heading to an exciting finish. Tomorrow should be interesting.
I think that's a bit unfair on Virat Kohli. He is just going through a lean patch now. It's a great chance for India though on this match and an excellent opportunity for Vijay and Dhoni to prove their detractors wrong

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks