Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2021, 10:25   #4906
BHPian

Re: The Credit Card Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
I don’t have this specific card, but I’ve seen in my HDFC card statement, there’s a row which says points to expire in the next X days. You may want to look for something similar on your card statement as well.
As mentioned in my post, we called up Citibank customer care right then and there to confirm available reward points. We heard a computer generated voice speaking out the number as well as a live human being telling us exact same number that is printed on latest account statement. Absolutely no ambiguity in that.
Old 10th October 2021, 12:04   #4907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
I have been holding a Citibank Shoppers Stop card for the last 12 years.

[...]

Thus ended a 12 year journey.
Oh boy. I had enrolled in the SS loyalty programme long back, late nineties I think. It got converted into the Citi co-branded card when the two signed up. For a while it worked fine - I earned points by swiping the card and could redeem them at SS outlets all over the place. But then the sync between Citi and SS went for a toss - so points earned elsewhere, shown in the Citi statement, wouldn't reflect in SS's systems. The SS folks were very rude about it too, so after one trying interaction I just dropped the card in their waste basket and shifted loyalties to a competitor.

Haven't entered an SS store for 4+ years now. Their loss is Lifestyle's gain.
binand is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 21:58   #4908
BHPian

Sharing my few cents based on experience, as it may help someone.

I wanted to buy a laptop using my Amazon ICICI card on Flipkart but the cost of the product was much higher than the bank provided credit limit. I've heard some people say that you can pre-load your credit card with more funds and make the purchase but wasn't sure if all banks let you do this. I decided to give it a try and I'm happy to say that it worked effortlessly. I pre-loaded or made payments to my credit card through Cred which got credited instantly as well. Overall, a good experience.

If this works in all cards, then I wouldn't really be bothered about credit limits anymore. As I don't really like to be in debt. I usually pay off any credit card dues much before the due date.
Old 11th October 2021, 09:41   #4909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalidiot View Post
I wanted to buy a laptop using my Amazon ICICI card on Flipkart but the cost of the product was much higher than the bank provided credit limit. I've heard some people say that you can pre-load your credit card with more funds and make the purchase but wasn't sure if all banks let you do this. I decided to give it a try and I'm happy to say that it worked effortlessly. I pre-loaded or made payments to my credit card through Cred which got credited instantly as well. Overall, a good experience.
This works and would recommend you do it once in 2 yrs or so. Irrespective of how prompt you are with bills, consuming 100% of your limit is not good for your CIBIL score.
vinu_h is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 11:07   #4910
BHPian

Quote:
Sharing my few cents based on experience, as it may help someone.

If this works in all cards, then I wouldn't really be bothered about credit limits anymore. As I don't really like to be in debt. I usually pay off any credit card dues much before the due date.
An easier and more reliable method is to simply load balance onto Amazon Pay and then pay the rest with your card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
This works and would recommend you do it once in 2 yrs or so. Irrespective of how prompt you are with bills, consuming 100% of your limit is not good for your CIBIL score.
If you pay it off immediately, the reported balance to the credit bureaus will remain low. The balance is reported only once or twice a month usually after the statement generation.
Old 13th October 2021, 15:18   #4911
BHPian

Quote:
I pre-loaded or made payments to my credit card through Cred which got credited instantly as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
An easier and more reliable method is to simply load balance onto Amazon Pay and then pay the rest with your card.
None of the cards I use give points on wallet loads. I assume that the OP, logicalidiot, would have earned more credit card points by making the whole spend via the card.
Old 13th October 2021, 15:32   #4912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
I was shopping on Flipkart and there was additional offer being applied above certain amounts for the product. Wouldn't be able to claim the whole discount if I pre-load the amount into wallet.

Quote:
If you pay it off immediately, the reported balance to the credit bureaus will remain low. The balance is reported only once or twice a month usually after the statement generation.
Exactly my thoughts as well. I use more than 75% of the credit limit most of the time but I make it a habit to pay back well before the bill is generated. I haven't seen any huge decline in the credit rating yet. Folks working in credit card sector can comment on this better I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
None of the cards I use give points on wallet loads. I assume that the OP, logicalidiot, would have earned more credit card points by making the whole spend via the card.
Yes, I avoided pre-loading just to get the card offer. There were discounts being applied at 10k/20k/40k/60k price ranges. These were 4 separate discounts on the same card being calculated at each price level. Not sure if it was sort of a glitch and it should have given me the discount only for the 60k price range. Either ways, I've received the i product and I'm happy.
logicalidiot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 16:19   #4913
BHPian

Hello, I am considering applying for the IDFC First Lifetime Free CC. Presently I am using two CCs - Standard Chartered Titanium and ICICI Amazon Pay. However, the Standard Chartered CC is not free for life and has an annual fee of Rs.750 + GST if my annual spend is less than Rs.1 Lac. I am looking at keeping only a lifetime free CC which doesn't have any minimum spend requirements.

Please share your feedback regarding IDFC First Wealth Card. Thank you.
Old 13th October 2021, 16:54   #4914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
Hello, I am considering applying for the IDFC First Lifetime Free CC.....
Please share your feedback regarding IDFC First Wealth Card. Thank you.
Me too. Even though I try to keep my finances simple (one bank account, 1 credit card..) today's front page TOI ad by IDFC First bank is very tempting.

Also, in general, can four lounge access per quarter be split into 2 people (me and wife) x 2 visits? Or is it only for cardholder?
DigitalOne is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 17:15   #4915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post

Also, in general, can four lounge access per quarter be split into 2 people (me and wife) x 2 visits? Or is it only for cardholder?
One card can be swiped only once when you want to access the lounge. So you cannot ask the receptionist to swipe the same card twice to allow entry to your wife as well.
However, say you have another card on your name with Lounge access, then you can swipe that card for your entry and the new IDFC card for your wife's entry.
drive2eternity is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 18:13   #4916
Team-BHP Support

Hi all,

Is anyone facing problems with recurring payments? Looks like all recurring payments are cancelled due to some RBI guidelines. I have a couple of subscriptions which need auto debit every month. But these transactions are being declined by my Citibank credit card. Is anyone facing similar problem and is there any work around for the same?

Thanks in advance for all the pointers.
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 18:30   #4917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Hi all,

Is anyone facing problems with recurring payments? Looks like all recurring payments are cancelled due to some RBI guidelines. I have a couple of subscriptions which need auto debit every month. But these transactions are being declined by my Citibank credit card. Is anyone facing similar problem and is there any work around for the same?

Thanks in advance for all the pointers
Yeah, I got this sms from HDFC.

From 1st Oct'21, as per RBI guidelines on e-Mandate on cards, recurring txn at Merchant Web/App on your HDFC Bank Credit/Debit Card will be declined and payments need to be made directly on Merchant Web/App. However, merchants routing compliant recurring txns will be honoured by the Bank for transactions < 5,000/- without OTP and > 5,000/- with OTP by way of a pre-debit notification.

Alternately, you can also pay & set Standing Instruction via SmartPay in BillPay on our NetBanking for your Utility/Insurance billers.

Last edited by SoumenD : 13th October 2021 at 18:32.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 18:31   #4918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Hi all,

Is anyone facing problems with recurring payments? Looks like all recurring payments are cancelled due to some RBI guidelines.
Yes. There is a new mandate effective from 1-Oct for all recurring payments . Recurring payments are no longer automatic and the cardholder has the chance to decline an autopayment every time.

Read more here.

In my opinion, a good move by RBI. Most times we sign up for recurring payments without realizing, especially for OTT services. Some of the OTT services don't give a straight forward cancellation, e.g Zee5. I had to mail customer service for cancellation. Now the control is back in our hands.
DigitalOne is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 18:44   #4919
Team-BHP Support

@DigitalOne @SoumenD

Thank you for the response. The problem is these are fitness websites that do not have an option to do manual payment every month. I think I will have to write to these companies and find if there is a work around.
Old 13th October 2021, 22:01   #4920
BHPian

I have a question. Is it possible to block your card from being used on a specific website? One of my card was used on my friend's Apple account some time back as his cards didn't seem to work. It was supposed to be a one time thing but my card being saved in his account and his debit cards not working on Apple store resulted in him requesting me to let him continue the purchases using my card with the intention of repaying it later. Also, some of the transactions are recurring in nature (monthly subscription). I was hoping this would stop after the RBI rule came out but the payments are still happening on the exact same date.

Lately he hasn't been prompt on repaying back either. I was thinking if there is a way to block the payments without changing the card. And No, OTP is not being asked for the transactions on Apple - why doesn't the RBI rule kick in and work when you actually want it to.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks