Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2015, 15:49   #271
Senior - BHPian

re: Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road

Three wheeling with Fabia.

Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-12034389_1064577926886690_3742681349183161637_o.jpg

We didn't intend to do this, but the ramp was too steep.
ecenandu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2015, 15:59   #272
BHPian

This probably happened around 10 years back. Me and friend were driving a Maruti 800 on the Saket--->Khanpur stretch. At time time the road was quite dark and the over head lamps never worked. We got a flat tire, and placed the jack, and removed the punctured tire. While pulling out the substitute tire, the jack slipped and the 800 tilted down. We had placed the jack incorrectly. No matter how hard we tried, we could not lift it, because a third person would be needed to fit the jack correctly. After an hour, a SUMO came by, and the driver stopped. Saw our dilemma. Pulled out his high jack, and helped us, till our tire was not placed. An angel in the darkness...!
asingh1977 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2015, 18:11   #273
NTO
BHPian

This is really hilarious. This is what happens when car companies focus too much on features and miss out on the really necessary ones.
Old 19th September 2015, 23:37   #274

Horrible experience drhoneycake. I have observed the same in my Tucson as well. It never locks down the door automatically whereas my other cars including cheapest one maruti astar zxi have speed sensing auto door locks. Thanks to my wife she always reminds me of locking doors while we are in Tucson. But when I am alone I surely forget. Your story is an eye opener to me. At least it seems you don't have a wife to give answers.
Old 20th September 2015, 00:07   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
I don't know if this is funny / unusual. But I was truly stunned that day.

MORAL: Always make sure you have locked your doors before you drive
Seriously a hazard when the doors can be operated from outside and one in not conscious of it. It reminded me a youtube clip that I saw a few days back. Not exactly on usual traffic road, but in an even scarier place.

rsm97 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 20th September 2015, 09:20   #276
BHPian

So this happened a few years ago. My GF was one hell of a lazy bum to wear the seat belt and every day when I used to pick her up we had a fight over it. She would insist that she will wear once we are on the main road and not in the colony street.
Days passed and it became a routine, as many would understand once a woman has a mind "logic jaise wahiyaat cheez ke liye wo argument kaise haar sakte hai ??"

Then came that once day when I said i had enough, picked her up did not a single word on the seatbelt. She was smiling like crazy and I could almost hear a winning horn in the air. We approached the speed breaker near the main road and I did not slow down. She was a bit surprised and the next moment just behind the speed breaker slammed the brakes !! HARD. (there was no other car in the street, it was safe to do this)
I expected a car moving at ~15 kmph with heavy barking would make the passenger without seat belt jerk forward? Damm I was SO wrong. I could see her fly off the seat and hit her head on the wind screen !!

The sound was strange I was so sure she wasnt hurt much but somehow rather than reaching for her head my hands reached out to check my car screen and that was the moment of my life.
With trembling hands I reaslized what a mistake it was I looked at her in the eye. She was sitting there all RED with one had to the head and in a spur of a moment she punched me hard on the shoulder and clearly not satisfied with the effect picked up the car fresher bottle and with all her might threw it at the wind screen. Damm WHAT WAS NOT BROKEN WAS NOW BROKEN !
Flashes of the new v cool film worth 5k installed last week flashed below my eyes but !! this time I was smarter, what was not broken is now broken but what can be fixed could be fixed by not checking what was broken for what was broken can be replaced but was was about to break cannot be even repaired.
She knew what she just did, she even seemed a bit sorry for a second for what she did but certainly my not checking the wind screen helped big time.
We kissed and I was glad she was ok. Burst of laughers followed and she took a selfie with the boken wind screen ( I was just meditating) the car behind honked for the second time.
The aftereffects were that we cancelled going to Kingdom of Dreams and spent that money on having our car restored back.
As fate would have it, the car that honked was her immediate neighbour's who saw us there. The story ? nothing much she knew her well enough not to broadcast it to the rest of the family/ colony. A one minute doze on what not to do in public followed when I went next, she was super ammused.
adi_sun is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 20th September 2015, 12:28   #277
BHPian

Lol, I wouldn't even have known how to react in such a situation. Thankfully, my Figo has autolock doors

By the way, can speed sensing auto door locks be added after market?
Old 20th September 2015, 13:06   #278
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I

...... As I arrive at the signal, I recieve a call and I start speaking through my car's bluetooth.....

The problem is that even if you have auto lock, we tend to switch off the car at signals. This is to save petrol and for a few to cut pollution levels. When you switch off the car, the lock will open in any case.

Hence the moral of the story is to stop using the mobile while driving and you will be more alert to the happenings around you!

Cheers

KPS
KPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2015, 14:12   #279
BHPian

This funny incident happened with me yesterday. Since it was 'on the road', decided to write it down here.

I was going towards Hauz Khas village with one of my GFs (out of two ) in the car at around 4.30 PM. While searching for a parking spot, I stalled the car on an incline (a very slight incline) just outside the Deer Park. I had my GF's hand instead of the gear knob in my hand and the car started rolling backwards. As the car started rolling backwards, I banged the bullbar of the Duster behind me - because he too probably was searching for a parking spot and didn't honk or flash. Till this time, GF (GF1 from here on) had a sweet grin on her face and I was also in a good mood - talking to her and holding her hand all the way (except while gear changing)! I got out, inspected the damage and almost had a heart attack when I saw through the front windsheild of the Duster!

It was my other GF. Yup, you read that right! Now the situation had got more tense, I was sweating like mad and at the same time, smiling at the other GF (GF2 from here on) who was in the Duster. She was with her cousins and had come to visit the Deer Park. Any way, the driver of the Duster came out and inspected his car for any damages. Though there was no damage, he started yelling, gathered a crowd and wasn't even letting me park the car on the side. In no time, GF2 comes out and starts to take a glimpse of the girl who is inside my car! Oh my God, I almost had a heart attack. I ran to GF2 and asked her to sit in the Duster as it was not safe for her to come out during fights!

After this problem had been sorted and GF2 was inside the car, GF1 becomes restless and opens the door. Once again, I almost had a heart attack and ran to her and told her to remain inside till I sort out the matter. I once again ran to the driver of the other car and told him to let it go and move on - as my car had more damage anyway. But this comment made his blood boil and he made his mind to call the Police. Why? Becuase of my 'casual' attitude towards the situation. I didn't quite understand this logic and damn, GF2 comes out again to tell his cousin to let it go!

As all the public had gathered by this time and there was a fairly long line of vehicles blocked behind the Duster, GF1 comes out and says "Come on Vineet, let it go!" and I again ran to her while GF2 was standing behind my car. When I come back to the scene, GF2 asks "Who's she?" and I give a blank look and say "Who? She? She is my sister!". My nervousness increases her doubt and that very moment GF1 pops her head out of the window and says "We have a lot more plans for the day rather than this bull****". lol. Boiling with anger, GF2 goes to the front passenger side, opens the door and I was done! lol. What followed was a good staring at me (both by GF2 and his cousin) and I try to leave the scene ASAP. Managed to calm GF1 down and spent some good time with her.

I got home by 9 PM and had got around 15 calls from GF2 which I didn't answer. What followed was a very serious (and sad at the same time) chat on Whatsapp - ending in a break up. While going to bed, I had a really uncontrollable laugh when I thought about the series of events which had happened - how I felt pissed off when I looked inside the Duster, how I had to manage both the GFs so that they don't see each other, how I had to manage the Duster driver at the same time, and how I kept running all over the place to stop the girls from coming out from the cars. Really hilarious! This post deserved 3 more smileys at least!

Last edited by Eddy : 20th September 2015 at 19:58. Reason: Extra smiley
vin11 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 20th September 2015, 20:01   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Sorry if I sound cruel, but I am literally ROFL-ing here! Seriously, what are the chances for all these happening and what are the chances of your neighbour spotting you at exactly the wrong time!!

I managed to stop my laughter somehow and then (^^) this happened! I am laughing like a retard now!!

Sorry again if I sound like a cruel person with absolutely no heart! Anyway, I was in kind of a gloomy mood this evening and this brightened me up! Thanks for sharing. Now I can sleep peacefully!
Thats alright, come to think of it now, it gives me and my friends a good laugh, but that moment, I nearly peed myself. Glad my incident brightened you up. Have a good laugh, its really funny now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
Whoa man ! That is one hair-raising experience ..

And just look at the timing ! How bad can something get !?

Seriously, Murphy's law works always strike at the right time !
Believe me, I have been driving cars/bikes in Bengaluru for almost 10 years now and that incident has been one of a kind. I have never ever had an experience like that. Truly. Although I did have a similar kind of incident when I was going to college during the bike days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrikon_454 View Post
What are the odds of something like that happening! I'm so sorry but is hilarious!

I'm going to be extra careful from now on about my personal idiosyncrasies when driving late in the night. Or when standing at a signal!!
After this incident, I have made sure to be extra careful at shady signals and dingy areas. My work gets me really late, so on many occasions I come home by 11pm - 12 am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikaxe123 View Post
Hilarious read. The wonders and blunders of technology. Apparently the bluetooth sync function which is common nowadays is a loonie feature.
Tell me about it. I once happened to do a similar thing at a traffic signal. As I was yelling at my friend for making me wait and in the heat of the phone call, I pointed "the finger", the lady in the car next to mine, showed me a finger too and zoomed away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnidta View Post
Till date, I was cursing myself for getting the Male Pattern Baldness gradually (Its due to heredity and I'm 26). But now.., especially after reading your story, I'm kind of reconsidering my thoughts and have started to think of this as a boon I keep my hairs short and never let them grow to such lengths where combing is needed - forget brushing

I drive a Hyundai and I've never had such an experience. I never would want one either
I just turned 28 yesterday and I keep my hair short too (because of profession), but at one point, I grew it long enough to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTO View Post
This is really hilarious. This is what happens when car companies focus too much on features and miss out on the really necessary ones.
True, I mean, I paid almost 13 lacs for my car and it comes with everything except a speed sensing door autolock and whats with 4 alloys and a regular spare wheel ???? Seriously Hyundai ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragp2006 View Post
Horrible experience drhoneycake. I have observed the same in my Tucson as well. It never locks down the door automatically whereas my other cars including cheapest one maruti astar zxi have speed sensing auto door locks. Thanks to my wife she always reminds me of locking doors while we are in Tucson. But when I am alone I surely forget. Your story is an eye opener to me. At least it seems you don't have a wife to give answers.
Me too had a Astar ZXi untill it died completely and that had speed sensing door locks. Hyundai has taken Cost cutting to a whole new level. No wife, but had a big argument over this matter with "then" GF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsm97 View Post
Seriously a hazard when the doors can be operated from outside and one in not conscious of it. It reminded me a Youtube clip that I saw a few days back. Not exactly on usual traffic road, but in an even scarier place.
Wow, they just got cat-jacked LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Lol, I wouldn't even have known how to react in such a situation. Thankfully, my Figo has autolock doors

By the way, can speed sensing auto door locks be added after market?
Believe me, I was shocked too. I never once in my life had expected this to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
The problem is that even if you have auto lock, we tend to switch off the car at signals. This is to save petrol and for a few to cut pollution levels. When you switch off the car, the lock will open in any case.

Hence the moral of the story is to stop using the mobile while driving and you will be more alert to the happenings around you!

Cheers

KPS
Sir, I agree that using mobile while driving is bad. But I was on hands-free and in my 10 years of driving, never ever have I had an encounter like that.

Also I idle my diesel car at signals (propably also a bad thing).

Also what I have noticed is, my present Verna and my aStar did not unlock doors on switching off the engine, they only did so on removing the key.

Guess a lot of people enjoyed this incidence. Will share more funny incidences over time. I have had quite a few.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 20th September 2015 at 20:44. Reason: Removing youtube url from quoted post.
drhoneycake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2015, 20:28   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsm97 View Post
Seriously a hazard when the doors can be operated from outside and one in not conscious of it. It reminded me a Youtube clip that I saw a few days back. Not exactly on usual traffic road, but in an even scarier place.
Thankfully, I've just been around Bisons at Nagarahole-Bandipura ranges and not the big cats. This video is quite scary and is a reminder for me to keep checking the door and window locks on the car while driving within forest limits. Don't want to have accidents of any sorts whatsoever!

Quote:
I just turned 28 yesterday
Belated Wishes for Your Birthday
vnidta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2015, 22:03   #282
BHPian

Quote:
I'd be screaming out at the first junction itself if this ever happened to me! Dig deeper and it could be a part of the robbery attempt. Even if someone did give in to such a temptation, what's the guarantee that your wallet, phone ,clothes and the car keys would still be with you when you wake up? (Reference: What Kristeen did to Sameer in the movie Dil Chahta Hai)

Auto locking doors come with auto unlocking, something which I hate. I turn of my engine at signals when the wait time is more than 15 seconds. Locking manually is irritating and I wonder why companies cannot figure out a logic when auto unlocking is actually required (like unlocking only when the door open handle is pulled after switching off the engine)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_sun View Post
So this happened a few years ago. My GF was one hell of a lazy bum to wear the seat belt and every day when I used to pick her up we had a fight over it.
Never ever do such pranks even if they seem harmless! Few years back, my brother was rushing towards me to playfully push me out. I was leaning against a window didn't estimate his speed, and stepped aside the moment he was close to me.

He crashed through the window, cutting his hand and was bleeding heavily. Realizing what had happened, I quickly rushed him to the hospital with my mom. The most rash drive of my life.

Fortunately it was a deep cut that was cured in 3 weeks, but left a permanent scar, a memory not to repeat such pranks again in life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin11 View Post
This funny incident happened with me yesterday. Since it was 'on the road', decided to write it down here.

I was going towards Hauz Khas village with one of my GFs (out of two ) in the car at around 4.30 PM.
This Sir, was hilarious. Good thing that a Third girlfriend didn't come along to join the commotion

Last edited by govindremesh : 20th September 2015 at 22:07.
govindremesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2015, 07:43   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin11 View Post

I was going towards Hauz Khas village with one of my GFs (out of two ) in the car at around 4.30 PM. While searching for a parking spot, I stalled the car on an incline (a very slight incline) just outside the Deer Park. I had my GF's hand instead of the gear knob in my hand and the car started rolling backwards. As the car started rolling backwards, I banged the bullbar of the Duster behind me - because he too probably was searching for a parking spot and didn't honk or flash. Till this time, GF (GF1 from here on) had a sweet grin on her face and I was also in a good mood - talking to her and holding her hand all the way (except while gear changing)! I got out, inspected the damage and almost had a heart attack when I saw through the front windsheild of the Duster!

It was my other GF. Yup, you read that right! Now the situation had got more tense, I was sweating like mad and at the same time, smiling at the other GF (GF2 from here on) who was in the Duster. She was with her cousins and had come to visit the Deer Park. Any way, the driver of the Duster came out and inspected his car for any damages. Though there was no damage, he started yelling, gathered a crowd and wasn't even letting me park the car on the side. In no time, GF2 comes out and starts to take a glimpse of the girl who is inside my car! Oh my God, I almost had a heart attack. I ran to GF2 and asked her to sit in the Duster as it was not safe for her to come out during fights!
My condolences for your loss. I wanted to know if you were watching the movie two girls and one guy before sleeping last night by any chance? Or some other similar bollywood flick?
Doge is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st September 2015, 10:22   #284
BHPian

Quote:

Come to think of it, its funny now, back then I nearly peed myself.

Hahaha

What an incident!! A supreme reason to have auto door locks. I too own the Verna which doesn't get auto door locks (S-option Variant). Though I am always careful to lock them as soon as I start the engine, your incident shall reinforce my practice to no end. Your writing style is good, I could clearly visualize the story. Kudos to you.
Old 21st September 2015, 20:56   #285
BHPian

Quote:
I had to drop a friend near Byatrayanpura Police station.
I am not familiar with Bangalore places. I suppose everything happened after dropping your friend.
Thank you for sharing your not so sweet experience.It was really hilarious to read about it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks