Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2020, 11:47   #5221
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by king of cochin View Post
I have been a Fastag user ever since it was first launched for my Thar. Are Cash lanes still open?
I know that this sounds illegal/fraud but just exploring all workarounds.
For Bangalore - Calicut, you would be crossing only two toll booths. Both of which are not usually crowded, so even resorting to cash payments will not be much of a hassle.

Regarding the other option you mentioned, it will work out. Though its illegal.
Old 20th October 2020, 11:54   #5222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
For Bangalore - Calicut, you would be crossing only two toll booths. Both of which are not usually crowded, so even resorting to cash payments will not be much of a hassle.

Regarding the other option you mentioned, it will work out. Though its illegal.
I used the old car's Fastag for past couple of weeks and it worked on the toll plazas between Mysore and Gundlupet and also at Devanahalli on way to Airport. I just lifted the fastag near windshield when approaching the barrier.

I have however now purchased a proper Fastag for my Safari so no more headaches in this matter
Old 20th October 2020, 14:56   #5223
BHPian

Thank you guys, for a quick response. I have applied for a tag through HDFC but it shows delivery time of 7 days. Also Mumbai does not have any NHAI toll to physically get a tag, so fingers crossed.
Old 20th October 2020, 19:03   #5224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Yet to add my 'local pass' exemptions on this tag - that bit needs a personal visit to each tollbooth where you seek the local pass from.
You could check the IHMCL Website here if you can get the Local Monthly Pass online.

I recharge the Local Monthly Pass online for our both the cars- i20 and Xylo at the above link.
Old 22nd October 2020, 10:28   #5225
BHPian

I had applied for a Airtel Fastag. It’s almost been a month since I ordered it. All I get is a notification saying it has been dispatched. No tracking number or any further information. Upon repeated complain registration, (almost everyday since the given delivery deadline) an Airtel representative finally called and gave me a tracking number with DTDC. DTDC guys responded by saying no such courier has been booked from Airtel as such! And after registering complains over again I’m yet to get a response from Airtel. Should I try out any other method or just consider this a gone case? So much for Airtel advertising that they won’t give up until all the complaints are responded with. I believe I myself have registered about 20 complains on the same issue, yet to get a solution!
Old 22nd October 2020, 10:47   #5226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravind_M92 View Post
I had applied for a Airtel Fastag. It’s almost been a month since I ordered it. Should I try out any other method or just consider this a gone case?
I feel you should try any other provider. I applied trough Paytm and it was pretty fast. But, I did that more than an year before. Do not know how fast their service is now.

Also, you have an option to buy it directly from most of the toll plazas. (If you are not averse to that idea)
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2020, 22:59   #5227
BHPian

Experience with ICICI fastag

1) Applied online via their portal. No updates for a week, so called the customer care. CC tells me the vehicle number entered is not matching with RC and I need to re-upload an RC matching the number I entered in the application. My car number is two digit, so I entered in the application KA 04 XX NN instead of KA 04 XX 00NN. I dont have an option to edit the application now, portal only allows reuploading RC. I tried telling them that I can't upload an RC matching the number I entered because I entered it wrong. Only option is to let me edit the application to match the number in the RC or they correct the application. No luck after creating multiple complaints and tweeting to ICICI.

2) I went to ICICI fastag office in cochin and asked them to provide me a solution. Also asked them to give me a fastag for my another vehicle. They asked me to pay 500+500 for two fastags and promised to return 500 via google pay if they can fix the earlier application which was applied online. They gave me two fastags and activated the very next day. But it was activated with new customer ID and account. So my original application was still pending for RC verification.

3) Luckily I got the contact from the ICICI fastag team in cochin who understands my problem and he is trying to cancel the online application and refund then money. So I am hopeful.

4) Charging and using the fastag was seamless.

Moral of the story. It is faster and hassle free to get fastag offline (if you have a POS in your area)
Old 24th October 2020, 23:03   #5228
BHPian

Just a heads up incase anyone is trying offline method for Paytm.

Keep an eye out for the below scam technique.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ia-agents.html

Last edited by SideView : 24th October 2020 at 23:04.
Old 26th October 2020, 02:08   #5229
BHPian

Thanks to the pandemic i havent been able to come to mumbai and use my MEP sticker. Now it shows a balance of 650/- any idea if this is valid or its gone and i should peel the MEP sticker from the windscreen or is there a way to transfer the funds from MEP to fastag and then i should peel off the MEP ? Appreciate any solutions. Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 21:27   #5230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
I feel you should try any other provider. I applied trough Paytm and it was pretty fast. But, I did that more than an year before. Do not know how fast their service is now.

Also, you have an option to buy it directly from most of the toll plazas. (If you are not averse to that idea)
PayTM is still quite fast. I applied for my Safari in October and got the Fastag within a week.

I have been. using Fastag on my Thar for several years now.
Old 27th October 2020, 21:49   #5231
BHPian

Might be a noob question, but is it compulsory to stick the Fastag Sticker on the windshield? Can I just paste it on a piece of paper/plastic and show it at the hand held scanner on the highway tolls? This is because I don't need to pay toll at some toll plazas.
Old 27th October 2020, 22:12   #5232
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
Might be a noob question, but is it compulsory to stick the Fastag Sticker on the windshield? Can I just paste it on a piece of paper/plastic and show it at the hand held scanner on the highway tolls? This is because I don't need to pay toll at some toll plazas.
It is mandatory to fix it on the windshield. Each tag is linked to one vehicle. Not fixing it on the vehicle can lead to the misuse of a single tag on multiple cars, which is against the rules.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 23:24   #5233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
It is mandatory to fix it on the windshield. Each tag is linked to one vehicle. Not fixing it on the vehicle can lead to the misuse of a single tag on multiple cars, which is against the rules.
Thank you arun_josie. Any work-around to cover the Tag temporarily so that it isn't read by the scanner at certain tolls?
Old 28th October 2020, 08:46   #5234
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you arun_josie. Any work-around to cover the Tag temporarily so that it isn't read by the scanner at certain tolls?
You could paste a section of metal foil to block the RFID but that would make the Fastag section more horrendous.

Could you explain why you dont want the Fastag to be read by scanners?
king of cochin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2020, 09:30   #5235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Might be a noob question, but is it compulsory to stick the Fastag Sticker on the windshield? This is because I don't need to pay toll at some toll plazas.
I believe the Fastag system has that facility built-in; wherein if you are qualified and have done the right paperwork your tag account will not be deducted in those toll booths where you have toll-free access even when the tag is scanned.

Pretty much every toll booth has an exemption for residents within a certain radius; this is how it is implemented.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks