Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2010, 10:21   #481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
ms get a good brand of rubbing compound and it will do the job. Use the rubbing compound and then a good round of wax/polish will get rid of those scratches. From the looks of it , the paint on the surface doesn't seem to be cut thru.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Mission Safari, it looks like scratches that'll disappear after a good polish. Nonetheless, its pretty sad that we have morons like this around.
Riju and Mcl,

You are right. The scratch didn't get through to the surface luckily so hopefully this should be ok after the rubbing compound and polish.
Old 1st July 2010, 11:22   #482
Senior - BHPian

Its abusive, not a good thing to start a thursday with. mods please delete if found offensive. But I am really pissed off with some morons. What do they get from doing this?
Attached Thumbnails
Car Vandalism!-photo0114.jpg  

Car Vandalism!-photo0115.jpg  

Last edited by sidindica : 1st July 2010 at 11:23.
Old 1st July 2010, 11:37   #483
BHPian

oh Man ... that's real nasty! a thorough polishing will reduce it a bit .. but don't expect any magic ... reminds me of the 'B' and 'D' etched onto my car hood in the similar way. Kids in the building even sat on the roof of my car and dented it in. Although I managed to push it back up, the smooth shape's gone.. you know how thin an 800's roof is anyways! But you really cannot blame the kids alone. Remembered a lady in my building who scratched my dad's UNO with her car keys .. why blame the kids alone
Old 1st July 2010, 12:31   #484
BHPian

my god! this is heartbreaking! i would cry if i ever see this on my car! *offtopic* can a repaint be claimed through insurance? damn! who ever it was, they need to be punished! handed over to the cops
Old 3rd July 2010, 10:13   #485
Senior - BHPian

Some low life did this today morning in front of my house. Now where on earth will i find a replacement 1.6 Badge?

Car Vandalism!-photo0469.jpg
Old 3rd July 2010, 10:16   #486
Senior - BHPian

santro gone for paint and a facelift job.
Old 5th July 2010, 17:32   #487
Senior - BHPian

Gosh, same thing happened to my WagonR a couple of years ago at the Necklace Road parking---but the scratches are fewer and less visible. I've left them as they are.

Sorry that you had to undergo this agony.
Old 21st July 2010, 20:18   #488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Some low life did this today morning in front of my house. Now where on earth will i find a replacement 1.6 Badge?
Update:

i sent PMs to most members (Palio Owners) regarding availability of the 1.6 Badge. Got reply from all of them - Thank You.

Then oneday received a call from a fellow member, who told me about availability of the badges and he agreed to send them via courier. a week later...

Received these from fellow member vipul_singh.

1. FIAT OE 1.6 Badge
2. FIAT OE GTX Badge

I don't know how to thank Vipul - But here goes, Thank you very much for these stickers. It was nice to speak to you over phone.

Car Vandalism!-photo0007.jpg

once again, thanks

Last edited by planet_rocker : 21st July 2010 at 20:21.
Old 21st July 2010, 20:58   #489
Senior - BHPian

fantastic news P_R, where was it from ? (City?)
Old 21st July 2010, 21:25   #490
BHPian

Glad I could be of help .

@bottle: I got these from Samyak Motors ("Elegant Cars Pvt. Ltd") in Patparganj Industrial Area (Delhi). This guy has proved to a life-saver on more that one occasion. Here is a FIAT dealer I like more than the Honda dealers I deal with in Lucknow!

Edit: @planet_rocker: I know this is not good for the paint at all, but you need to add a few drops of feviquick to stick these badges properly. Make sure to add the feviquick slowly, though, so that it does not run (if it does, you would not be able to remove it from the paint). And make sure the area behind the badge is bone dry when doing so.

Last edited by vipul_singh : 21st July 2010 at 21:30.
Old 21st July 2010, 23:34   #491
Senior - BHPian

Vipul - yes, the Palio's P came off oneday when i was waxing and i stuck it back using feviquik.

yes one needs to be careful not to peel off the paint (due to the content in the adhesive) and not to get ones fingers stuck.

Thanks a lot
Old 24th July 2010, 21:16   #492
Senior - BHPian

^^ you should not be using feviquik as it will melt the foam behind the letters(also can damage the paint). Better use rubber based adhesive.
Old 29th July 2010, 06:48   #493
BHPian

guys, what do you have to say about the new product we see on TV? that marker like thing you hold in your hand like a pencil and one swipe on nastiest of scratches, and its gone!

???
Old 29th July 2010, 08:23   #494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post
that marker like thing you hold in your hand like a pencil and one swipe on nastiest of scratches, and its gone!
You mean this one?
Check this out - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/access...h-remover.html
Old 29th July 2010, 08:57   #495
BHPian

How about using a product named Quixx. I have got good reviews for this product. I have ordered one, let me try it and let you know the results.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks