Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2010, 01:36   #601
Senior - BHPian

My office is in the heart of the city at Raj Bhavan Road but I needed to be there at ISB for Mike Daisey's program at 7PM. I started out from my office at 6 PM thinking should be able to make it ( I generally take about 25 Minutes to Deloitte & 10 Minutes thereafter). But someone had other plans for me. The traffic Jam started from Nagarjuna Circle and its took me 15 minutes from Nagarjuna Circle to TOI Office. It was already 6.30PM and I could clearly see that there was no way I could reach before 8PM , let alone 7PM. So decided to turn back and took the left next to Southern Spice and through interior roads came to the Road No.4. There was a section where my Bolero was submerged half way upto the bumper. Finally I reached my office back at 7.50 to drop off a colleague and headed home at Somajiguda reaching there just before 9PM.
Old 18th August 2010, 01:46   #602
Senior - BHPian

The major reason for the bottle neck at the Cyber towers junction is due to the reason that the the flyover work is almost complete and the cops are allowing the vehicles coming from Hitec City to take the right for Madhapur.

Today was a horrible day as the city received bucket loads of rainfall. Got updates from colleagues (at 8:30 PM), who started at 6:30 PM that they were still stuck near Kothaguda Junction!

Finally left from work at 9:45 PM and took the long route to Nizampet, via Gachibowli-Lingampally-BHEL-Miyapur. No traffic jams or swimming pools en route!
Old 18th August 2010, 08:55   #603
Distinguished - BHPian

Seems like everyone enjoyed the nightmarish trafffic of last evening.

I had a call from 8pm so decided to leave a bit early (6pm) from Gachibowli so as to reach home by 7pm and relax for an hour before getting on the call.

It was pouring cats and dogs but, from Gachibowli to Whisper Valley there was hardly any traffic. Covered 8-9kms in 10-15mins.

Jam started from the top of whisper valley all the way to film nagar to entire KBR park stretch till Narismswamy Temple. It took me an hour to cover that 4-5kms stretch.

Then on to Rd.No 10, not much traffic and reached Taj Krishna crossroads and that steep road down was horribly jammed. From there till Khairtabad took me another 1 hour. Imagine a distance of 1-2kms.

Finally reached home at 8:30pm and i was so exhausted thought of saying " to hell with the call" but, unfortunately had to join immediately and it went on till 11pm.

After yesterday's exhausting evening, no other go but......WFH
Old 18th August 2010, 09:05   #604
Team-BHP Support

There is pipe laying work in progress at Road Number 12, Banjara Hills. It is in front of the SBH bank (formerly Metro supermarket).

One lane is blocked. Looks like morning traffic will be impacted severely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Seems like everyone enjoyed the nightmarish trafffic of last evening.
Not me. Left office at around 4 PM. Grocery shopping at Hypercity. Relaxed drive in the lovely weather. Reached home and then the sky opened up like crazy.

Last edited by bblost : 18th August 2010 at 09:07.
Old 18th August 2010, 09:54   #605
BHPian

APTRANSCO is digging up for Cable work from Tirumalgherry to RK Puram bridge,RK puram to Army hospital has been completed but with lots of mud creating slush. i dont understand why these dumb jacks start digging work only during monsoon.
Traffic from T junction till army hospital is blocked and the distance of 500mts takes 20-30 mins
Old 18th August 2010, 10:11   #606
Senior - BHPian

Driving to office this morning was a nightmare.Traffic was moving at snails pace from begumpet airport till lifestyle, courtesy a MCH Jeep struck on the middle of Bugumpet flyover.
Old 18th August 2010, 10:34   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Driving to office this morning was a nightmare.Traffic was moving at snails pace from begumpet airport till lifestyle, courtesy a MCH Jeep struck on the middle of Bugumpet flyover.
MCH aka GHMC can always be expected to remain "in" the thick and thin of every happening in this city ... be it ... traffic jams due to water logging after rains ... or ... be it ... causing traffic jams by sticking their jeep in the middle of a flyover !!!

I left office in Greenlands at 5:15pm a little after the rain had started and was back home on Raj Bhawan Road by 5:30pm via Dharam Karan Road U-Turn, Country Club U-Turn, Necklace Road Railway Station U-Turn route. There were no jams and no traffic and water had yet to start clogging up the roads.

At 6:00pm, my son wanted to cross the road and go to Babu Khan Mall for his music class and since it was raining, decided to drop him so took out the car and realised that all roads are clogged. Took a U-Turn at Somajiguda Circle from Raj Bhawan Road back on Raj Bhawan Road, entered Amrutha Mall, exited Amrutha Mall on Greenlands Road, took a right turn (though an illegal one) as the road was deserted due to traffic having got stuck in front of Spar and entered into Babu Khan Mall - all in all, it took me 4 minutes.

Return journey at 7:30pm : Babu Khan Mall - Amrutha Mall - Raj Bhawan Road - Necklace Road Railway Station U-Turn - Raj Bhawan Road - Somajiguda Circle took me 22 minutes. Would have taken much more but the CM decided to go home and the police got the whole road cleared up for him and since I was ahead of him, I got a clear home run ...
Old 18th August 2010, 10:43   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Not me. Left office at around 4 PM. Grocery shopping at Hypercity. Relaxed drive in the lovely weather. Reached home and then the sky opened up like crazy.
bblost, me too ...left from office at hi-tech city at 5 PM and as soon as I was on Road, it started raining heavily. contiuned driving and my car got a good pressure wash..beleive me, i could not hear my kenwood stereo, only furious rain sounds. planning the same today :-)

Thanks,
Srinivas.R
Old 18th August 2010, 11:02   #609
BHPian

At 6 this morning, my cousin was coming from Hi-Tech to Nizampet via Hi-Tech City railway station and the underbridge had knee height water still and he could spot some snakes as well. He decided not to venture in there and turned around to come via Kondapur/Miyapur. Apparently, the parking at the Hi-Tech City railway station had loads of vehicles parked from overnight. People must have decided to park and swim across to their home.

Avi, you were lucky. At 7, there was traffic from Whisper Valley to the junction meeting the road around KBR Park. I had to spend about 10 mins in the opposite direction, but did not have too much trouble there after. I also decided to take the Lingampally route after picking up my wife from Gachibowli and there was not much of traffic around there. Luckily, there was no traffic on Nizampet road as well at 08:30 PM

From the way the weather looks like today, I think we have to brace for a similar evening today as well. I hope it does not happen.

Cheers,

Last edited by Ardy : 18th August 2010 at 11:05.
Old 18th August 2010, 11:28   #610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post

Avi, you were lucky.

Cheers,
Oops ... Jumped the reading, Avi.

You were not all that lucky

Reading all the stories, I guess I was lucky. I left work at around 06:50 PM and reached home by 08:30 PM taking Rd No 2, Film Nagar, Whisper Valley, Gachibowli (Microsoft), Lingampally, Miyapur and finally Nizampet Rd driving close to 35KM in roughly an hour and a half. Not bad.

Cheers,

Last edited by Ardy : 18th August 2010 at 11:30.
Old 18th August 2010, 12:47   #611
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Oops ... Jumped the reading, Avi.

You were not all that lucky

Reading all the stories, I guess I was lucky. I left work at around 06:50 PM and reached home by 08:30 PM taking Rd No 2, Film Nagar, Whisper Valley, Gachibowli (Microsoft), Lingampally, Miyapur and finally Nizampet Rd driving close to 35KM in roughly an hour and a half. Not bad.

Cheers,
Man, so you were in the opposite road. I was looking at them ruefully while twiddling my thumbs and cursing myself for leaving at 6pm. Cars in opposite direction were zooming away as it was a clear run.

I am going to go to work even more early and leave early till this crazy monsoon period is over.
Old 18th August 2010, 12:49   #612
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

I am going to go to work even more early and leave early till this crazy monsoon period is over.
And as someone who is doing exactly that, and knowing you got your WA.
I am sure you are gonna love it.
Old 18th August 2010, 13:05   #613
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
And as someone who is doing exactly that, and knowing you got your WA.I am sure you are gonna love it.
Oh yeah, White Annihilator is screaming at me for abusing her in that horrific traffic. Need to give her some adrenalin rush once in a while
Old 18th August 2010, 13:46   #614
Senior - BHPian

Gosh- so many horror stories for last evening!

I guess I was the luckiest. I sit close to the glass facade in my building facing InOrbit Mall and have the advantage of watching the sky. No sooner had I spotted heavy clouds, I asked my team members to scramble homewards.

I left at 515 pm and it had already started raining heavily then. Took the DC road, then Rd #45, Rd # 10 and then left near Ofen to Rd # 8/9, then left to Rd # 1 and Nagarjuna Circle.

I could reach Somajiguda Circle in 25 minutes flat, instead of the normal 30 mins. But from there to home via Greenlands U turn took 10 minutes owing to almost 1'5 feet of water opp to CM's house, all along beside the flyover. I was a tad nervous, but I put off the AC, slotted the car to 1st gear and drove at round 2200 rpm till I reached the U turn. I had a similar puddle near my house, but reached home unscathed.

A pal of mine who dropped my wife home around 30 minutes later took 45 minutes to reach his house on the opp side of Raj Bhavan Road.

My colleague who left office at 11 pm took 2 hours to reach home at Hyder nagar.

Gosh, I was sure lucky!!

And today I am WFH as I am ridden with fatigue after reading all your posts

Last edited by vnabhi : 18th August 2010 at 13:48.
Old 18th August 2010, 14:08   #615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Gosh- so many horror stories for last evening!

I guess I was the luckiest.
I left my office (opp Q-mart B'Hills)at 5:25pm last evening, instead of 6.

It was raining very heavily and the road was clear, (no bikers)so reached my house (@ N-Bowenpally) in flat 20 mins instead of 30-35 minutes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks