Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2010, 12:12   #1501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
This is not really a traffic rant, but just a street experience which i thought i shall post here.

On Saturday i was driving along the ORR from Bellandur towards Marathalli when i noticed a NHC in front of me with a fancy number. It seemed to be driven by a driver, and the owner family also were in the car. I noticed the rear right side wheel was wobbling dangerously, and still the driver was literally ripping the car. I gave pursuit, and caught up with them at the speedbreaker in front of Innovative Multiplex, lowered my window and beckoned to them to lower their window as well.
I then told them that there is serious wobbling of their rear wheel.. however the owner who was an elderly person sitting in the passenger seat sniggered at me as if i was just wasting their time.

Seeing this, i really thought why i even bothered to care! They did slow down after this, but then i didnt wait to check further. Maybe being insensitive is what is needed on our roads.
I can probably imagine why they ignored you. May be they thought you were part of some mugging gangs that's getting pretty common in those areas.
Old 17th May 2010, 12:27   #1502
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
I can probably imagine why they ignored you. May be they thought you were part of some mugging gangs that's getting pretty common in those areas.
After staying in Marathalli for close to 4 years, i havent come across any such incident in the area. But yeah, cant blame them for being suspicious.

But what amazes me is with a badly wobbling rear tyre, didnt anyone inside notice anything amiss?
Old 17th May 2010, 17:30   #1503
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Aah come on man too much! A smugger won't come over in a car and say your tire is wobbling when it is actually doing so.

This guy was not only endangering his life but also everyone's around him. Feed these kind of people to the hungry tigers, they are reducing in number.
Old 18th May 2010, 16:01   #1504
BHPian

Today was a beautiful day with a 45 mins wait at NGEF due to a traffic jam.
The reason? Non-working signals!
How did the brilliant traffic cops handle it? They didn't.
There was ONE (yes ONE) cop flailing his arms trying to control traffic. NGEF traffic and 2 hands. Funny.
Bangalore, the Silicon Valley of India amazes me everyday.

Thank you cops.

2 days back some highly placed MORON had visited Ramamurthy Nagar. There were atleast 50 traffic cops hanging around.
It doesn't look like they're meant to control traffic.

-- Torqy
Old 7th June 2010, 13:16   #1505
Senior - BHPian

Got a ticket for entering a one way in Ulsoor. I missed a turn and took the next one not knowing that this would be a one way. It was late in the evening so somewhere in the confusion in figuring out where I was and where I needed to go missed a small one way sign.
As soon as I reached the main road, I see 3 senior policemen standing on the side and signalling for me to stop. I stopped and politely asked them what it was about?
The cop asks me if I knew Kannada, I said i didnt so he tells me very politely in english that I had entered a one way from the wrong direction.

I immediately parked the car on the side and apologised for this. Agreed that I should have been more careful and was ready to bear the consequences. THe cop smiled and thanked me for being civil and understanding that i was at fault and agreeing to bear the responsibility instead of fighting like most people they had come across.

Then he took my license, fed the details in the BB and gave me a printed reciept for a Rs100 challan. Then he shakes my hand, thanks me again and waves goodbye.

I drive a HR registered car and at no time was I harassed for it by them.

Just when I think cops have lost it here, I come across such polite guys.

Last edited by sammyboy : 7th June 2010 at 13:18.
Old 14th June 2010, 13:36   #1506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Didn't know where exactly to post this but ...
How does one go from Seven Hotels ORR (between KRPuram and Marthahalli) to Old Airport? Does one haveto go on Marhahalli underpass and take a U turn followed by a left turn at Marthahalli? OR Turn Left just before the Marthahalli underpass reach overpass and turn right?
Use the first method. Its the correct way.
Another option is from Seven Hotels , do not get on the Ring Road, head the opposite direction, towards the interior. Dead end left and immediate right after that.
It gets you onto the airport road.
Old 14th June 2010, 20:19   #1507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
THe cop smiled and thanked me for being civil and understanding that i was at fault and agreeing to bear the responsibility instead of fighting like most people they had come across.

Then he took my license, fed the details in the BB and gave me a printed reciept for a Rs100 challan. Then he shakes my hand, thanks me again and waves goodbye.

I drive a HR registered car and at no time was I harassed for it by them.

Just when I think cops have lost it here, I come across such polite guys.
Wow! Ain't that rare around here. I too was caught by a senior when I was very new to BLR and he didn't even fine me for taking a wrong turn. In turn he politely educated me and kept it that way. I salute you guys sir. Or were they done up with their quota for the day. Hmm..
Old 16th June 2010, 10:24   #1508
BHPian

Traffic Jam on Hosur Road

Hi All,

What a way to start the day, was stuck in the jam for 1hr this morning. Does any one know the actual reason?

I have heard 3 reasons

> Autowalas on strike
> Some moron hit traffic police
> Cop hit a cab driver badly, mob got angry and just chocked the roads.

What really happened?

I tried reaching most of my colleagues and friends who commute on the road and found few were actually behind me or ahead. Rest could mange to find an alternative way.

It took more than 1hr for cops to control and clear the mess.
Old 16th June 2010, 10:44   #1509
Senior - BHPian

Where exactly on Hosur road?
I was on Hosur Road (from Bannerghatta Road junction to Campbell Road) at around 8:30 AM and it was all smooth at that time.
I dont think autos are on strike though. Autos normally cause a jam, so if they are on strike, then traffic normally flows a lot smoother.
Old 16th June 2010, 10:46   #1510
BHPian

I got stuck right after Singasandra bus stop right from 8:55 till 10:00. I could only see the jam till Kudlu gate and probably further down.

A large group of people blocked either sides of the road at HOSA/JAIL ROAD junction.

Just a pic which I took
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img_02241.jpg  

Last edited by raghu230506 : 16th June 2010 at 10:50.
Old 16th June 2010, 10:48   #1511
BANNED

According to Traffic Updates on Radio One, a Bus has broken down near Forum and traffic Jams are reported till St. Johns Hospital.
Old 16th June 2010, 10:58   #1512
Senior - BHPian

Who all used the ORR in the Bellandur-Marthahalli direction this morning?

There was huge jam early in the morning at about 8.30 thanks to some contruction vehicles blocking the ORR and everyone having to squeeze through the service lane. I shudder to think what would have happened between 9-11AM....
Old 16th June 2010, 11:25   #1513
BHPian

I avoid using the ORR between Bellandur- Marathahalli during peak traffic hours. The traffic is a big problem on this road these days due to the Flyovers being constructed everywhere. I go through the Bellandur-Yemlur-Marathahalli route. But that is coz I use my two wheeler to commute to work. If you are on car, you might get delayed near the small bridge near Bellandur lake.
Old 16th June 2010, 11:28   #1514
BHPian

There was a huge traffic jam (lost exactly an hour!) this morning at Singasandra/Hosa road jn in Hosur Road. Saw something burnt at the juntion. Was it an accident or any show of protest?
Old 16th June 2010, 13:32   #1515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
There was a huge traffic jam (lost exactly an hour!) this morning at Singasandra/Hosa road jn in Hosur Road. Saw something burnt at the juntion. Was it an accident or any show of protest?
Got this in a mail ,
" Huge Traffic Jam on Hosur Rd caused due to fight b/w traffic cop & cab driver. Tyres burnt! Road Blocked!
Make sure you take other route to reach home safe, if u r travelling by this route.. "

So this might be the reason

Last edited by santhosh_kumard : 16th June 2010 at 13:33.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks