Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2023, 11:59   #21016
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

On the topic of tech parks and jams. There is a series of mini underpasses being built inside the Ecoworld-Adarsh Road. The banners proudly proclaim- 'Coming soon...Upgrades to ease your traffic woes'. One side of one of these mini underpasses at the first intersection when coming into Ecoworld is open now.

I totally fail to understand what is the purpose and how it will help. Ultimately all traffic has to exit via 2 lanes into the service road below the Deverabeesanahalli Flyover on the ORR. What is the point in improving exits from the tech parks inside via these underpasses when the main exit is the key chokepoint? Makes no sense to me.

On the topic of traffic- Yes, it is totally back to the proper pre-covid levels. Until recently, although traffic had definitely increased, commute through the side roads and bylanes were still ok. Now it is back to the state where people are desperate to take any road and as a result every small road/bylane in the Sarjapur Road, ORR, Harlur Road, Hosa Road, Carmelaram, Belandur, Marathahalli area is totally jam packed and unmoving for long periods.
Old 21st June 2023, 12:32   #21017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Personally, I think things would be all round better if that railway gate is permanently shut down (from what I recall, the rail+road traffic there warrants an overpass or if that is not possible, assertion of the railway's right of way).
+1. I once got stuck in that railway gate so badly ( No idea why Gmaps showed this route when Alpine Eco road is much easier to go to Mahadevpura from Brookefield) that I started getting scared what would happen if a train was going to come and traffic is still not cleared.

I also use the Kagadasspura railway crossing fairly often, and I find that much better managed.
Old 21st June 2023, 15:34   #21018
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Update: Marathahalli experiment stopped. The U Turn on the bridge is closed and the previous routine is now followed. Will cause a build up between Tulsi Theater and the Yamaluru U turn but has eased traffic in other places.

Saw this today.. no let up in the traffic from Kundalahalli Junction though it was moving SLOWLY rather than be standstill. Is this permanent now? Hopefully they won't reopen it again. Next, hopefully they close that U turn as well and ensure ORR traffic stays on ORR. When I was travelling from the ORR to Kundalahalli, I never took this route and always went through the ISRO junction, though that is slightly longer, the time taken was significantly lower.
dass is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 18:29   #21019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post
I have no idea why all firms still want to relocate to the traffic hotspot that ORR now is ? Good residential options for employees? (I have lived on the ORR for a few years - and those were the worst years of my life : taxis honking through the night, ambulances, police patrol vehicles, construction noise, construction dust, stressed out services like salons, atms, markets, gridlocked traffic, hopeless U turns - there was nothing admirable) ?
Please don't ruin it for North Westerners of Bangalore. . We don't mind the big expansions, IT parks and mega apartment complexes not happening in this part of the city. We have been blissfully saved from the Urban Hell of South/East parts of Bangalore. The only problematic juctions we encounter are the Goraguntepalya junction and Jalahalli. Luckily we can get around those parts with relative ease.
car_addict is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 18:34   #21020
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Saw this today.. no let up in the traffic from Kundalahalli Junction though it was moving SLOWLY rather than be standstill.
From city to Marthahalli it went back to horrible (so much so that pile up was till HAL museum), it was relatively faster during the experiment. Fundamental reason for failure are the road users who hog all lanes in the old and new model. Until they address that, block heavy vehicles from the U turns or make additional width for one lane that can flow free at U turn, the issue will remain unresolved.
Old 21st June 2023, 20:26   #21021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Until they address that, block heavy vehicles from the U turns or make additional width for one lane that can flow free at U turn, the issue will remain unresolved.
I believe heavy vehicles, including school buses, are not allowed to take the u turn at brand factory. Of course no one complies with that.
Old 21st June 2023, 21:06   #21022
Senior - BHPian

Back to worser than pre Covid era. Today evening was the worst of all. Took 1.5 hours from Eco World (20 mins even to come out to the road from tech park) to Marathahalli. Some company buses are on full swing. Not sure what is choking the ORR from Eco space until ISRO, after which it clears up.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 22:10   #21023
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Not sure what is choking the ORR from Eco space until ISRO, after which it clears up.
The traffic which is trying to climb onto Marathahalli bridge (which is blocked by vehicles taking uturn near Tulsi theatre). Also the metro pillars near the bridge are not ready which narrows down the ORR in this section. Traffic clears up after you pass the bridge (towards KR Puram) or once you reach Yemalur junction (towards old Airport).

Last edited by ashis89 : 21st June 2023 at 22:12.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 22:23   #21024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
The traffic which is trying to climb onto Marathahalli bridge (which is blocked by vehicles taking uturn near Tulsi theatre).
There also used to be a long-distance bus boarding point at the far side of Marathahalli underpass (where it levels with the service road on the Mahadevapura side), which reduced the usable width of the carriageway to barely 1.5 lanes there. Not sure if BTP put and end to this practice.
Old 21st June 2023, 22:50   #21025
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not sure what is choking the ORR from Eco space until ISRO, after which it clears up.
Exits & entry from ORR to service roads causes the bottleneck.
1) Kadubeesanahalli: Entry for PTP, Cisco U turn + exit from Devarabeesanhalli
2) Multiplex: Exit for old airport road
3) Kalamandir: Buses sometimes stop or exit to the service road blocking one of the two lanes + speed-breaker, slows down all traffic.
msdivy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2023, 23:21   #21026
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Back to worser than pre Covid era. Today evening was the worst of all. Took 1.5 hours from Eco World (20 mins even to come out to the road from tech park) to Marathahalli. Some company buses are on full swing.
All this with hybrid model(2-3 day office) being endorsed by most companies. Imagine if offices went back to pre-covid 5 days working model

I think the situation looks worse than precovid because of metro work hogging up one lane on both sides.

Last edited by SoumenD : 21st June 2023 at 23:32.
SoumenD is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2023, 07:51   #21027

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
I do this turn often - from Airport side to BEL side. Since a couple of weeks was wondering why so many motorists are cutting across me to take right towards airport when my signal towards BEL is green! have been cursing them until now! Did not know the right turn signal before the pillar is no longer working for them!
One should be very Careful while taking Right turn towards Airport as the traffic from Airport to BEL will also be through. Added to this cabs will be in a hurry behind you honking to get to Airport road.
Old 22nd June 2023, 10:53   #21028
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
I believe heavy vehicles, including school buses, are not allowed to take the u turn at brand factory. Of course no one complies with that.
Right now saw the worst pile up both sides, from airport side it was creep creep from HAL Museum. From whitfield side, the pile up was beyond the underpass at Kundanahalli when I took turn to Brookfields side. So I guess the old system just can't handle the current traffic.

Last edited by Jaggu : 22nd June 2023 at 10:56.
Old 22nd June 2023, 10:55   #21029
Distinguished - BHPian

https://m.timesofindia.com/city/beng.../101148432.cms

Finally! Esteem Mall to Baptist Hospital ramp work starts.
Old 22nd June 2023, 18:56   #21030
BHPian

Not a rant.
Please share your inputs to improve our city at https://brandbengaluru.karnataka.gov.../Feedback.aspx .
How much of this is acted upon is anyone's guess, but akin to voting, putting up suggestions ex: last mile connectivity for mass transit etc will atleast generate data points for activists to push for them.
whitewing is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks