Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2009, 09:07   #706
BHPian

@santhosh_kumard
The road next to 'Pearl Drop Apr' joins the service road, next to the Coffee Day. You can use this road, I used this road in the morning when coming from ORR towards ECity.
Old 28th July 2009, 09:32   #707
Team-BHP Support

120 km/h - 50% more than speed limit and no one is taking action!
Old 28th July 2009, 09:35   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Sir, i assume that you dont travel by volvo buses between silk board and attibele, these buses ply easily at 90 / 100 in this stretch, I have travelled many times and it takes approx 15 - 17 minutes from Madivala market to Hebbagowdi by these volvos. These are certainly violating the traffic rules but, but, but, who checks?

This is one primary reason for me to rent a house outside bangalore and commute peacefully to electronic city though the amenities are not that abundant in my residential area.
Old 28th July 2009, 09:38   #709
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
It's really funny to see cars getting pulled over on the BIAL road for doing more than 80km/hr and then seeing a Volvo fly past the interceptor at 100km/hr.
Old 28th July 2009, 09:46   #710
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
It's really funny to see cars getting pulled over on the BIAL road for doing more than 80km/hr.
If you are not pulled over, a fine challan is posted to your address with a shot of your vehicle's number plate with the date and time and the speed that you were driving at the time. A couple of my office cars have got such a ticket in the recent past.
Old 28th July 2009, 09:46   #711
Team-BHP Support

When the Volvos first started plying the streets of Bangalore, they were very well behaved, and adhered to all traffic rules. The early bunch of drivers earned their positions on these buses through pure merit and on the basis of stringent tests. As the fleet expanded, scum started filtering in, and these days there are absolute rogues at the helm of these monsters.

On quite a few occassions, they bully cars in their path, flash lights like crazy and even unnecessarily drive within the city on high beam and with fog lights turned on. On one occassion, i purposely blocked one such moron for a long time since i was within the speed limit, and he wanted to run me over. Finally, after keeping him behind for a while, showed him the middle finger before i continued on my way.
Old 28th July 2009, 09:54   #712
BHPian

well, i am sure that you would have been very cautious in your driving while you were blocking the path of that moron driver, but IMHO it is better to give way rather than blocking as this might sometimes cause problems to us. Two days back i was watching the traffic from my office terrace and it was shocking to see a bus driver not allowing a car driver to overtake by blocking both the right and left lanes swerving right and left and in fact he went to an extent of sideswiping it, horrible to see. All these happened in a 100 mtr stretch.

P.S. I dont have any idea if there is a prior issue between the car and bus drivers and hence will not be able to comment on that
Old 28th July 2009, 11:38   #713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajird View Post
IMHO it is better to give way rather than blocking as this might sometimes cause problems to us. Two days back i was watching the traffic from my office terrace and it was shocking to see a bus driver not allowing a car driver to overtake by blocking both the right and left lanes swerving right and left and in fact he went to an extent of sideswiping it, horrible to see.
This is the lesson taught to me by my friends when I landed in BLR for the first time on the first day. 'Give way to bus drivers no matter what to save yourself from being mowed' was the tip. Have been following that since then.
Old 28th July 2009, 11:59   #714
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
On quite a few occassions, they bully cars in their path, flash lights like crazy and even unnecessarily drive within the city on high beam and with fog lights turned on.
I agree with you entirely on this as the same treatment has been meted out to me on the expressway to BIAL. I was in the 80 km/hr lane and this Volvo came up fast behind me horn blaring and lights flashing impatiently.

I lowered my speed and shifted into the 60 km/hr lane and let the guy pass. He zooms ahead only to get stuck at the red light about 150 metres ahead. I coast up to him on the left and look at the driver through the glass of the front door and signal him asking him what he was trying to achieve by driving so rashly.

The lights turned green and he got stuck behind another bus that stalled and started honking again. I was in splits as i drove away.

As prince has mentioned, there is no point in trying to wage war with the Volvo and BMTC buses in BLR. Remember, if they side-swipe your car, you will end up spending for expensive repairs. Just let them go by and you continue on your way.

Last edited by gpa : 28th July 2009 at 12:01. Reason: typo
Old 28th July 2009, 12:09   #715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
If you are not pulled over, a fine challan is posted to your address with a shot of your vehicle's number plate with the date and time and the speed that you were driving at the time. A couple of my office cars have got such a ticket in the recent past.
Again, flawed rule

So basically, one can continue driving as fast as he want, but can pay fine later.

Still doesnt help keep roads safe.

Any violation should be dealt with on-the-spot to prevent overspeeding.
But i dont think our police are good at "Car chase" and stopping effectively.
Old 30th July 2009, 03:55   #716
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
But i dont think our police are good at "Car chase" and stopping effectively.
By the time the cops get on their bikes, or into their cars and start the chase, the wrong-doer would probably be a few miles away from the scene.
I'ver personally seen 2 cops struggling to get onto their bikes ( the Fiero ones, IIRC), then the struggle to start the bike{ thanks to the cop forgetting to put the bike in neutral while starting}, and of that wasn't enough, the two pot-bellied cops surely made the bike drag along on the road.
So much for 'trying' to pursue a guy who was talking on the cell phone.
Old 6th August 2009, 13:31   #717
BANNED

Yesterday evening. Again on the road joining IRR from Old Airport Road after Diamond District next to the flyover.

1900 hours - peak time for this road. A Scorpio - this road is broad enough for 2 cars and is a one way - is coming with hazard warning lights on up the WRONG SIDE AT 7 PM.

No one is objecting and are letting him do it.

I see this and burst a vein. My wife sensing this holds my harm and says DONT BOTHER, drive on.

WHAT? WHY? Not the time and place the guy is a low life anyways why spoil our mood for this.

No i have to. What does he think?

NO.

Whats wrong with the folks coming down that road. You can afford a Scorpio but cant afford Rs 5 diesel. How many people have to be inconvienced because of this?

And it is so BALANT breaking of rules.

2 wheelers and autorickshaws have made it their right to break the rule on this road.

Rant end.
Old 6th August 2009, 18:22   #718
BHPian

@Spitfire.

Well. I wish I had a Bolero too. Saw a Sumo(call center cabbie), wrong side of the road, hazard lights and HIGH BEAM on Bannerghatta Road.

Thanks to Kishoreda on the music s/m that I didnt roll down the window to give the guy a mouthful!!
Old 9th August 2009, 21:30   #719
BHPian

On thursday I went to manyata tech park from whitefield through K R Puram. On the road to Hebbal I was shocked to see that almost all the heavy vehicles travelling on right side of the road despite of the traffic boards clearly telling Heavy vehicles are not allowed to go on the right lane .... Lots of traffic cops were around and doing nothing ......
Old 10th August 2009, 14:26   #720
BANNED

Some good news. I used to daily see employees of Diamond District come down the wrong side towards the building.

i.e. come from Koramangala on the IRR towards Airport road. Take the leftmost lane from below the flyover, come to the Uturn and then go up the wrong side of old airport road to enter Diamond District.

On Friday i was pissed as an employee of Oracle comes from the wrong side and in his hurry blocks my entrance into the complex at the second gate. I ask him why is he coming down the wrong side he gives me a look through his helmet as if mind your own business.

I get pissed, look up the number for Traffic Police Domlur. Call them up and voila today morning i see about 4-5 motorcycle riders and traffic police on a Pulsar challaning them for wrong side right in front of the gate at Diamond District.

I just hope one of them was that moron from Oracle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks