Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2013, 22:46   #4411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post

Thanks H4WK for the Free Preview of Heavy Vehicle OTR !!!
Will posting this on Public Eye on BTP site help anything ?
No good will come of it. In vain we try to report incidents, but other than collecting money BTP doesn't do a thing! Meanwhile, these incidents keep happening all over the city!
Old 26th April 2013, 09:39   #4412
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
[*] Traffic moving from Mission Road towards KH Road that has to stop will keep moving further and further away from the white lane into the opposite lane. So much so that they start blocking the way for people going under the flyover towards mission road.[*]I'll stop at the white line and folks behind me will honk incessantly trying to get me to go onto the zebra crossing.[*]Donkeys who use the phone while driving/riding. Honk like my life depends on it behind them. Although I'm sure they don't realise I'm honking because they're so engrossed with their phones. I'm forced to ask, why does the RTO register cars that advertise their bluetooth system that work with calls as well? Moreso are these helmets with integrated bluetooth. Recipes for disasters I think.[/list]Just some of the points I remembered. Helps me calm down.

I completely agree with you on all the the points mentioned by you especially the above quoted.

The mission road situation is so worse and frustrating that i have stopped using the signal underneath the flyover on my commute to office! I was sick and tired of people trying to push me around even when the signal is Red. One indica cab had the audacity to nudge my bike and and make his way when i refused to budge from the stop line! So instead of opposing them daily and fighting with them every day morning, i thought why should i lose my composure every day early in the morning! So after using the road for more than a year, i stopped using it completely and have discovered an alternate more relaxed route !
Old 26th April 2013, 10:01   #4413
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Thanks H4WK for the Free Preview of Heavy Vehicle OTR !!!
Will posting this on Public Eye on BTP site help anything ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
No good will come of it. In vain we try to report incidents, but other than collecting money BTP doesn't do a thing! Meanwhile, these incidents keep happening all over the city!
The problem is, the BTP traffic offenses list does not have any entry for "Jumping over divider". Technically, according to the books, what he did was not an offense since he is still on the same side of the road. The only option is for them to penalize the truck guy under "Dangerous driving" or "Lane discipline" categories, which also seems unlikely. You can still post on FB and see what happens. I've seen MA Saleem (traffic police commissioner) himself reply to the posts, promising action and later updating about whether they billed an offense.

Recently two boys on a bike were caught and punished for eve-teasing when someone uploaded just a photo of the culprits (details elsewhere on this thread).

Last edited by KarthikK : 26th April 2013 at 10:15.
Old 26th April 2013, 10:10   #4414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In vain we try to report incidents, but other than collecting money BTP doesn't do a thing! Meanwhile, these incidents keep happening all over the city!
Policing is not solution to infrastructure problem. Solution to such problem is to raise the divider to at least 1 feet. We can't have police person stationed every 100m with intention of catching offenders.
msdivy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2013, 10:25   #4415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Policing is not solution to infrastructure problem. Solution to such problem is to raise the divider to at least 1 feet. We can't have police person stationed every 100m with intention of catching offenders.
Absolutely Correct msdivy. The jumping over dividers by water tankers, SUV's was rampant between Thubarahalli and Kundalahalli. If I remember correctly one of our BHPians or someone in FB had taken a pic and reported it in BTP FB Page. The next action was that - the dividers are raised to about 1 ft. Its not a neat job done and the finishing is not great. But atleast vehicles suddenly do not appear out of dividers.

H4WK - You may put this pic up in BTP FB Page and suggest them to increase the divider height. Let BTP take one step at a time.1st - Fine the truck for dangerous driving. 2nd - Work with the correct authority to increase divider height.

Ohh, and yes, high time the Fine amounts should be increased exponentially. But with higher fines comes higher source of income (read: bribe) for the cops. LOL.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 26th April 2013 at 10:30.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2013, 10:25   #4416
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Infrastructure is not the only solution to this problem either. If the BTP guys put up huge stones of ~1 ft height also, these cab guys and truck guys create their own road by moving the stones manually and creating gaps in the dividers wherever they want. The pulled out stones later create a huge threat to unsuspecting bikers later, who might suffer fatal accidents if they hit these.

The problem is there is no policing, so I wouldn't disagree with H4wk's opinion. Why else would we see people breaking rules left, right and centre. It is the same with vehicles of all sizes - nobody has any respect for traffic rules. Let them increase the fine amounts, start penalizing offenders aggressively without resorting to bribing/bargaining. Repeat offenders should re-take the DL test. Dangerous offenses should compulsorily cause confiscation of vehicles and an appearance in court to get it released. This is the only way people will learn - the hard way.

Right now, every road user wants to get from A to B in the shortest time . Absolutely no patience whatsoever. If you stop for a minute in traffic, the car behind you will start negotiating how to go to the adjacent lane by narrowly avoiding a scrape on your bumper. Happens everywhere all the time. The truck guy probably did the same thing here.

Last edited by KarthikK : 26th April 2013 at 10:27.
KarthikK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2013, 10:28   #4417
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Infrastructure is not the only solution to this problem either. If the BTP guys put up huge stones of ~1 ft height also, these cab guys and truck guys create their own road by moving the stones manually and creating gaps in the dividers wherever they want. The pulled out stones later create a huge threat to unsuspecting bikers later, who might suffer fatal accidents if they hit these.

The problem is there is no policing, so I wouldn't disagree with H4wk's opinion. Why else would we see people breaking rules left, right and centre. It is the same with vehicles of all sizes - nobody has any respect for traffic rules. Let them increase the fine amounts, start penalizing offenders aggressively without resorting to bribing/bargaining. Repeat offenders should re-take the DL test. This is the only way people will learn.

Right now, every road user wants to get from A to B in the shortest time . Absolutely no patience whatsoever. If you stop for a minute in traffic, the car behind you will start negotiating how to go to the adjacent lane by narrowly avoiding a scrape on your bumper. Happens everywhere all the time. The truck guy probably did the same thing here.

The dividers must be constructed with concrete! Like they have done on the mysore road near goplalan arcade mall. If will be difficult to breach a 3 feet concrete barrier!
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2013, 10:34   #4418
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
yeah, it does happen once in a while. have put up a picture of it somewhere here i think

just look at that picture, people can't spare a few minutes for the train to pass; they just have to find gap. its as though if they stop, their life will come to an end!

edit: found the post
If these idiots cant wait, any way their life will come to an end if they want to test their strength with the Train.
Old 26th April 2013, 16:23   #4419
BHPian

Dividers.

They have broken down the divider in front of Nimhans convention centre and put the mobile steel barricades there. Logic being it would be easy for VVIPs to come in and out of the convention centre.

Irony : No luck to the NIMHANs ambulances though. They have to go all the way to diary circle to take U turn and negotiate all the traffic to reach the hospital.

See whats more important !!
mannubhai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2013, 16:31   #4420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Dividers.

They have broken down the divider in front of Nimhans convention centre and put the mobile steel barricades there. Logic being it would be easy for VVIPs to come in and out of the convention centre.

Irony : No luck to the NIMHANs ambulances though. They have to go all the way to diary circle to take U turn and negotiate all the traffic to reach the hospital.

See whats more important !!
Its a shame that this facility isn't extended to the ambulances.

But its true that the quicker they get rid of the VVIP vehicles from Nimhans, the better. After all, its the mango people who're going to be stuck in traffic.
Old 26th April 2013, 16:35   #4421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recompose View Post
Its a shame that this facility isn't extended to the ambulances.

But its true that the quicker they get rid of the VVIP vehicles from Nimhans, the better. After all, its the mango people who're going to be stuck in traffic.
The divider is broken at NIMHANs convention centre . The dividers at NIMHANs hospital are intact.

Hence ambulances have to make the long trip while VVIPs coming to convention centre will get an easy entry/exit.
Old 26th April 2013, 18:41   #4422
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post

The divider is broken at NIMHANs convention centre . The dividers at NIMHANs hospital are intact.

Hence ambulances have to make the long trip while VVIPs coming to convention centre will get an easy entry/exit.
Mannu
It is a known fact that most VVIPs are 'sick in the head'. They are all Very Very ill Persons....why grumble at their special access to NIMHANS facilities? If you ask me I would like to lock them all up in their maximum security padded cells and throw the keys away....
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2013, 18:51   #4423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Mannu
It is a known fact that most VVIPs are 'sick in the head'. They are all Very Very ill Persons....why grumble at their special access to NIMHANS facilities?
Because they are not going there for treatment
Old 26th April 2013, 18:53   #4424
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post

Because they are not going there for treatment
I was joking...
I agree that most VVIPs are not fit to live on the same earth as you and I.
Hope this country changes from this servile attitude to these creeps.
Old 26th April 2013, 19:48   #4425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I was joking...
Oh so was I. The head banging emoticon was to indicate my frustration at them for not getting treatment.

Say, can anyone tell me how is the traffic situation these days on Bannerghatta Road and the Manyata Tech park? Not that i intend to go down that way anytime soon, just curious to know the state of my erstwhile hunting grounds.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks