Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2015, 11:12   #9076
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
BDA is the entity that called for tender. But didn't receive any bids. Later Ecospace Management came forward to build the skywalk. Soil testing was done 4 months back. No update after that.
ORRCA is working on putting this up I understand. The design has been approved and construction should start in some time. That is the update I have, since my employer is one of the companies involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
Earlier I could report Incidents like traffic jams, accidents etc from the BTP app, now nothing happens on clicking at it.
That's the Traffic Info App you're talking about right? Not the Public Eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I record most of my driving either through spare phone or primary phone mounted on the windshield.
Unfortunately even the new and improved app does not support upload of photos. It's just the photos taken using the app that work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Turn off the flash in your phone and be discrete. You want to make sure that you are not noticed while photographing people with their violations. Else, it is very likely that your phone will be taken away and no one will come to your rescue. This happened to me.
That's horrible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
I don't have any stats, but my experience with raising 'violations' through the app & Public Eye portal has not been very forthcoming. The actual number that eventually gets penalised and fined would be even lower
I've had pretty good success. I think maybe only 1 or 2 got rejected. But I agree it's only the really explicit ones which get registered and accordingly those are the ones I attempt to capture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
On a more serious note I can even click innocent folk saying he did something and drove away and I clicked the pic while he was running away from me. That chap could be innocent in reality and I am just playing the fool. Would they not need more evidence ?
That won't happen. As Audioholic mentioned

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
the public eye claim is rejected by police if the evidence isnt clear or sufficient. I keep seeing the progress of complaints lodged and some people do this, ie just upload a random picture of the vehicle and claim some offence has been committed. These are rejected due to lack of proper evidence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
I'm saying this because I'm observing that just about any driver with a penchant for idiotic thrill seeking (which includes 100% of the cabbies), absolutely floor the accelerator in small, residential roads.
Roads? I've seen people dragging inside apartment lots and parkings without concern for anyone. They don't have the imagination apparently of what would happen if it was their loved ones being put to risk.
NowNew7 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2015, 00:57   #9077
BHPian

Captured an accident on my dashcam.
I posted the video on the other thread. Link below

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...ml#post3795618
Old 6th September 2015, 01:07   #9078
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_elegance View Post
Captured an accident on my dashcam.
I posted the video on the other thread. Link below

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...ml#post3795618
The real cause of that accident is that idiotic scooter. On intermediate ring road just before the U turn point there is a pile of mud on the median. I am seeing 2 wheelers spotting that pile of mud suddenly slowing that in right most lane and going 90 degrees to take u turn. I had a 2 wheeler suddenly pop out from the bushes at the exact same point yesterday.

The 2 wheeler guy braked to take the illegal u turn over the media. This caused the optra to swerve. The swerving Optra distracted the Alto thinking that there was something else. a second later optra brakes for speed breaker but the ALto guy is distracted and ploughs into the Optra.
Old 6th September 2015, 02:08   #9079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The real cause of that accident is that idiotic scooter.
True Vid. The turn by the scooter guy caught me off-guard for a moment.

The optra and the swift looked like were racing each other. I saw them in my rear view mirror and just moved aside.

Also, this hump can really come as a surprise as you are just finishing a curve and seeing the straight road.
Old 6th September 2015, 02:29   #9080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The real cause of that accident is that idiotic scooter.
I thought so as well.

But I also feel this is a result of tailgating. The Optra driver doesn't swerve because of the scooter moron doing his thing. The Optra driver seemed to swerve because the chap on the motorcycle slowing down for the speedbreaker. Since he had a view of the speedbreaker, he was able to prepare for it better compared to the Alto who blindly tailgates him into the confusion with zero thought.

I find the scooter guy to be at fault, of course. But don't think the accident was caused by him.
Old 6th September 2015, 16:26   #9081
Distinguished - BHPian

Some good news. The kadubeesanahalli underpass on ORR ( JP Morgan) has been tarred ( marathahalli to belandur side). There were a couple of huge rough edged craters at the beginning which significantly slowed down traffic. In addition all along the underpass, the tar had broken up exposing the concrete. Hopefully this will help in smoother flow to some extent.

On the downside due to this traffic was backed up from the underpass all the way past kalamandir at 2pm today. I got stuck in the middle of this.

Saw a couple of BTP inspectors and constables supervising.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2015, 19:23   #9082
JD1
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Some good news. The kadubeesanahalli underpass on ORR ( JP Morgan) has been tarred ( marathahalli to belandur side). There were a couple of huge rough edged craters at the beginning which significantly slowed down traffic. In addition all along the underpass, the tar had broken up exposing the concrete. Hopefully this will help in smoother flow to some extent.

On the downside due to this traffic was backed up from the underpass all the way past kalamandir at 2pm today. I got stuck in the middle of this.

Saw a couple of BTP inspectors and constables supervising.
Thank You for delivering this good news. I have been waiting for this underpass to be fixed. As you rightly pointed out, the craters at the beginning of underpass forces everyone to almost stop and go trying to figure out which lane to use! Good to hear that not just beginning but entire underpass is tarred up. Hopefully this is by Road authorities and not a band-aid solution by BTP!
Old 6th September 2015, 23:06   #9083
Team-BHP Support

A few of us BHPians got the chance to express our woes on NDTV last week. They have a property show which has a section called Citizen's voice. Thanks to Silverwood who asked us if we wanted to go on air and express our grievances. Karthikk, myself and n.devdath were the 3 Bhpians present at Silk board junction. Here's the clip:

http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/the...unction/381317
Vid6639 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 07:31   #9084
BHPian

Update for Monday morning after the heavy rain yesterday night -

Bilekahalli, Bannerghatta Road - The Entire Bilekahalli Road from Kalyani Kala Mandir towards Jayadeva is in a Mess, expect traffic Jam

ORR - 3 Road Humps were removed overnight I think. One near New Horizon College towards Marathahalli. Second, after Marathahalli before U Turn. Third, after the U turn towards Marathahalli.

Graphite India - After the Bren Unity Apartment there a huge water logging while going towards Graphite India. This one is going to cause a major issue on Monday Morning

Regards
chandrda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 09:21   #9085
BHPian

Jam Alert -
Quite a long pile up from KR Puram to Banaswadi underpass.
I noticed while driving on the opposite side ard 0850 AM today.
Acharya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 09:47   #9086
BHPian

Quote:
A few of us BHPians got the chance to express our woes on NDTV last week. They have a property show which has a section called Citizen's voice. Thanks to Silverwood who asked us if we wanted to go on air and express our grievances. Karthikk, myself and n.devdath were the 3 Bhpians present at Silk board junction. Here's the clip:

http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/the...unction/381317
Thanks for Sharing! Got to see Karthikk, vid6639 and n.devdath in person
Everything you mentioned there resonates so well with every bangalorean. It appalls me that so little is/is being done for the past so many years. There are so many low hanging fruits that can be implemented with a very little effort/money. For me, zero accountability with public offices is THE reason for this apathy.
Old 7th September 2015, 09:51   #9087
BHPian

Jam Alert -

That was due to a bus breakdown, on the Kasturinagar flyover. By 8:00 AM, BMTC mechanics and traffic police had managed to move the bus to the end of the flyover and park it at the side. But traffic build up was immense, will take 2-3 hours to subside

Edit: Was unable to quote, as the page threw up an error
Old 7th September 2015, 09:54   #9088
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharya View Post
Jam Alert -
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisharu View Post
That was due to a bus breakdown, on the Kasturinagar flyover. By 8:00 AM, BMTC mechanics and traffic police had managed to move the bus to the end of the flyover and park it at the side. But traffic build up was immense, will take 2-3 hours to subside
I think this jam cleared pretty fast. My dad went to the airport at 8AM from Sarjapur road. Would have reached KR Puram by 8:25-8:35. By 9:15AM he was in airport. Quite surprised how he reached so fast.
Old 7th September 2015, 12:45   #9089
Senior - BHPian

Folks

Driving on Kodichikkanahalli Main road towards Vijaya bank layout will test your body condition to the core. Broken roads, Potholes .. etc. By chance you land in any of the potholes carefully, you can literally feel your body organs shake.
Pathetic road condition indeed.
Old 7th September 2015, 13:11   #9090
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Driving on Kodichikkanahalli Main road towards Vijaya bank layout will test your body condition to the core. Broken roads, Potholes .. etc. Pathetic road condition indeed.
Add to it all the parked vehicles, cows and humans in the middle of the road jaywalking! A bus and a truck is trying to cross each other near EKRetail Junction or on Bilekahalli bus stop, you can take a break. Walk to nearby hotel, eat something and then come. Nothing would have moved until then. So no worries.

By the way, if you want to skip this mayhem, take IIM HSBC lane from Ayyappa Temple or go backwards to Hulimavu and reach to BG road via Sai-Santoshi Temple!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks