Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2018, 15:05   #16411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiXTriX2004 View Post
I am supposed to take this road from the Koramangala side to reach Domlur around 7 this evening. How much time should I set aside for travel considering there are no alternative roads as well. Should I just cancel?
Looks like it has cleared now. I had been using this route from last week. Never saw this kind of a stand still.
Keep an eye on Google maps and plan your travel.
Old 27th November 2018, 15:07   #16412
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
I am supposed to take this road from the Koramangala side to reach Domlur around 7 this evening. How much time should I set aside for travel considering there are no alternative roads as well? Should I just cancel?
Where in Koramangala are you starting from? There are alternate roads to reach till Ejipura signal if you are in a two wheeler\auto and generally, traffic flow towards Domlur is better in the evenings. Towards Koramangala, it is a totally different story.

--Anoop
Old 27th November 2018, 15:13   #16413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Where in Koramangala are you starting from? There are alternate roads to reach till Ejipura signal if you are in a two wheeler\auto and generally, traffic flow towards Domlur is better in the evenings. Towards Koramangala, it is a totally different story.

--Anoop
True !! the traffic from Koramangala towards Domlur is relatively better compared to the other way around.
Old 27th November 2018, 15:43   #16414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post

--Anoop
Starting from Koramangala 1st block. I could possibly take the ST bed route to Ejipura signal but a little hesitant as I will be traveling in my car and the combination of that narrow road and people going bonkers is an exercise in frustration.
Old 27th November 2018, 16:06   #16415
BHPian

Quote:
I could possibly take the ST bed route to Ejipura signal
Please don't. Last week I succumbed to the lure of lesser traffic and took this narrow route on the way to Indiranagar and ended up with two bad scratches on the fender. Actually just before you enter the road that leads up to Ejipura signal there are now barricades with flexi posters requesting 4 wheelers to take alternative route. Made the mistake of ignoring the advice.
strawhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2018, 16:08   #16416
Team-BHP Support

Today, as I needed to go to EcoWorld, I decided to traverse Bellandur via Wind Tunnel Road.

The road was narrow and slow but I was pleasantly surprised by the discipline. Everybody drove orderly. Trucks stopped before bridges to allow others to proceed. Only jam-up was the service road near Sakra Hospital. That is inevitable!
Old 27th November 2018, 16:10   #16417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
Please don't. Last week I succumbed to the lure of lesser traffic and took this narrow route on the way to Indiranagar and ended up with two bad scratches on the fender. Actually just before you enter the road that leads up to Ejipura signal there are now barricades with flexi posters requesting 4 wheelers to take alternative route. Made the mistake of ignoring the advice.
This exactly what I was afraid of. I wasn't aware of the new barricades. Thanks for the info mugiwara-san.
NiXTriX2004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2018, 18:37   #16418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
True !! the traffic from Koramangala towards Domlur is relatively better compared to the other way around.
This morning had the misfortune of travelling from HSR through Sony World to RMZ infinity on Swamy Vivekananda Road Started from my house at 9:15 and reached parking at 11:45 am. I could not see anything generally holding up things but just so much time spent on just reaching Sony Signal from Koramangala 1st block side.
And yeah, the small ST Bed road entry from Koramangala has been blocked with a barricade. Dont attempt it, you end up losing precious time.
Old 27th November 2018, 21:46   #16419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
This morning had the misfortune of travelling from HSR through Sony World to RMZ infinity on Swamy Vivekananda Road Started from my house at 9:15 and reached parking at 11:45 am..
Evening return was normal via the Outer Ring Road. Small blocks in KR Puram, Marthahalli and little bit in the Belandur segment. 40 mins all in all. Not bad.
Old 27th November 2018, 22:09   #16420
BHPian

A truck overturned at the crossing where the road from Graphite India's side goes towards the ABB office direction. It is just next to the Gopalan National School. As a consequence, the red on Google Maps started piling up all the way back to PSN complex and apparently there was a queue within the complex too. I had the misfortune to sit in the midst of the traffic just beyond Hoodi towards this crossing :( Took a painful 1 Hr 46 Mins (4:15 PM to 5:01 PM) to cover my 5 kms Office-Home drive with an awesome trip mileage of 2.4 KMPL.
Old 28th November 2018, 05:23   #16421
Senior - BHPian

Funny scene in JP Nagar, Bangalore yesterday near the new Vespa showroom where a commuter had recorded a traffic cop asking/taking a bribe. All three cops were begging him to delete the footage and not destroy their homes by uploading the clip. He had them literally by their uniforms. A crowd started gathering even as the man refused to delete the clip, but finally, the cops had their way and the offending clip was history.
Sebring is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th November 2018, 09:43   #16422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells Bells View Post
A truck overturned at the crossing where the road from Graphite India's side goes towards the ABB office direction. It is just next to the Gopalan National School. As a consequence, the red on Google Maps started piling up all the way back to PSN complex and apparently there was a queue within the complex too. I had the misfortune to sit in the midst of the traffic just beyond Hoodi towards this crossing :( Took a painful 1 Hr 46 Mins (4:15 PM to 5:01 PM) to cover my 5 kms Office-Home drive with an awesome trip mileage of 2.4 KMPL.
Last evening left ITPL campus by the chartered bus at 7 PM and reached Bommanahlli junction by 9 45 PM. Very slow moving traffic all the way from ITPL to ORR via Graphite India and Cement road.
Old 28th November 2018, 10:56   #16423
BHPian

It is just amazing how far and wide is the cascading impact of one single block on a busy route in Bangalore. I was whiling away time in my car by looking at google maps and I could see the red initially till PSN and towards the EPIP zone but not yet at SAP Labs. After some time, the reds were inching towards Kundanahalli junction as well as Sai Baba hospital in EPIP. All because one truck which was covering half the width of a road had turned turtle.
Old 28th November 2018, 21:40   #16424
BHPian

Yeah! Exactly what happens in Bangalore.

Forget a truck. At least it is big! I have seen pile ups due to one car parked on the side of a wide road . Or our brilliant cops who put up a barricade for whatever reason and that is a man made pile up .
Old 29th November 2018, 08:17   #16425
BHPian

I can see a big patch of red from slightly before Hosa road junction till Electronic City. Currently says +9 minutes. Does anyone have any first hand experience? I am slated to start in half an hour from HSR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphukan View Post
I can see a big patch of red from slightly before Hosa road junction till Electronic City. Currently says +9 minutes. Does anyone have any first hand experience? I am slated to start in half an hour from HSR.
All clear when I started for office at 8:50 AM.

P.S. Mods please delete both the back to back posts as the traffic jam looked like a temporary phenomenon, or you could merge both the posts

Last edited by Zappo : 29th November 2018 at 12:37. Reason: Merged as requested. Please report a post in future to get immediate attention.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks