Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2010, 14:47   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
Biker falling to death sounds like typical indian rumor.

I can see that the biker left his helmet on the roof of the car.
Bulls eye. See this story in Mid-day. Looks like the accident wasn't as bad as it looks.

Quote:
As seen in the photographs, the cab belongs to SRS Tours and Travels and is in the wrong lane of the expressway. The travel company admitted that cab number KA D8619 was involved in an accident but refused to comment on the condition of the victims or the state of the vehicle. "Yesterday there was an accident but nobody died. However, we cannot comment more on this," said Satish S, an official from the administrative department of SRS Tours and Travels.

However, the policemen from the two local police stations, under whose jurisdiction the expressway falls, denied being aware of any such accident

Last edited by bullinb : 10th February 2010 at 14:49.
Old 10th February 2010, 15:55   #227
BHPian

I think in cases like this where a long and sigle streach of road is present the responsibility should be given to any one police station, otherwise they will play arround and the pubic will suffer the most. If that is not possible then other than deviding the flyover halfway, Madiwala police station should be incharge of any accident which happens on the lane from Silkboard to E-city and Electronic City station should be in charge of the lane from E-city to Silkboard, by this there will be no confusion on whose belt the case will be, sounds like an impossible solution in India still came to my mind
Old 10th February 2010, 15:59   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullinb View Post
Bulls eye. See this story in Mid-day. Looks like the accident wasn't as bad as it looks.
If it is SRS then there is very little chance of any action being taken - that company is a law unto itself. 15 unpaid violations by one of their cabs shows the state of things in our city and the latest one makes it 16. The police is probably on their payroll as well.

If it was not as bad as it looks that is pure luck. What happened to that BETL patrol? How did someone get onto the wrong side in the first place?
Old 10th February 2010, 16:07   #229
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_yajaman View Post
If it is SRS then there is very little chance of any action being taken - that company is a law unto itself.
+1. These people are well not the kind you can even talk to. I have had my share of run ins with them.
Old 10th February 2010, 16:11   #230
BANNED

Quote:
If it was not as bad as it looks that is pure luck. What happened to that BETL patrol? How did someone get onto the wrong side in the first place?
It is Impossible for the cab to get onto the wrong side on this road. There is no Median, neither can they come from the start.

Am sure this effect is due to the accident, a SUMO was also involved.
Old 10th February 2010, 16:16   #231
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
If it is SRS then there is very little chance of any action being taken - that company is a law unto itself. 15 unpaid violations by one of their cabs shows the state of things in our city and the latest one makes it 16. The police is probably on their payroll as well.

+1, and SRS is a big fish in the transportation industry. Many of the drivers of the cab/vans who have ferried me to work in my previous organizations have openly told that the Cops can never stop them!

Moreover, whenever we see cops stopping motorists to check documents, how many of us have witnessed them stopping these cabbies too?? The ugly truth prevails and will flourish!!
Old 10th February 2010, 16:20   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If it is SRS then there is very little chance of any action being taken - that company is a law unto itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
+1. These people are well not the kind you can even talk to. I have had my share of run ins with them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
+1, and SRS is a big fish in the transportation industry. Many of the drivers of the cab/vans who have ferried me to work in my previous organizations have openly told that the Cops can never stop them!
No wonder, their drivers are driving recklessly, with utter disregard to life and property.

I strongly feel the company's name (whichever, IT/ITES/...) should be on these cabs. This will bring in a sense of responsibility atleast, as the fear of company's name being tarnished would come into picture.
Old 10th February 2010, 16:25   #233
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
No wonder, their drivers are driving recklessly, with utter disregard to life and property.

I strongly feel the company's name (whichever, IT/ITES/...) should be on these cabs. This will bring in a sense of responsibility atleast, as the fear of company's name being tarnished would come into picture.
Forget about their behaviour on Road. The drivers are very rude and ignorant to the employees to..! I happen to use 'Company transport' for 10 days.. and the experience was awful.

It seems either these guys offer extreme cheap rates to the companies, or there is some 'Babu Bhaiya' behind SRS. Most of the cabbies on road are SRS.
Old 10th February 2010, 16:26   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post
It is Impossible for the cab to get onto the wrong side on this road. There is no Median, neither can they come from the start.

+1. I can see a Sumo in pulled up behind the cab in one of the pictures.

Anyway look at the pending tickets this guy has. 7 for jumping the light, 2 for dangerous driving. First unpaid ticket is on 19/09/2008 - a year and half ago and still unpaid? How can he still have his license? How is the vehicle still on the road?

Bangalore Elevated Tollway-violations.jpg
Old 10th February 2010, 16:30   #235
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullinb View Post
Anyway look at the pending tickets this guy has. 7 for jumping the light, 2 for dangerous driving. First unpaid ticket is on 19/09/2008 - a year and half ago and still unpaid? How can he still have his license? How is the vehicle still on the road?

Attachment 285323
Can I check my Delhi registered car's Traffic violation list here? If yes, link
Old 10th February 2010, 16:37   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
Which company hired this cab? any idea. Fellow TBHP mates can complain to the transport team about the violations and get him barred from IT Companies.
Deutche Bank (Electronic City). The Yellow-in-Red-Square Combo is for DB. Also the news I posted earlier is from (a DB Employee) one of the friend of the Indica-Passenger...
Old 10th February 2010, 16:54   #237
Senior - BHPian

We cannot blame Cab/Bus drivers alone for the indiscipline on BETL. Most of the violators are the so called highly educated IT employees. I have seen more than 100 incidents on BETL alone. I thought ELCIA and traffic police dept. would be able to do something. I wrote a letter to ACP (traffic) and ELCIA CEO regarding the issue and few suggestions to improve the condition. Since ELCIA represents the whole electronics city companies, they would be able to conduct some campaigns on road safety/driving discipline in collaboaration with Traffic police dept.

I got a reply from Mr.Sood, but its not so encouraging. He is doing the same blame game, but at least he replied within minutes. never heard anything from ELCIA.
Old 10th February 2010, 17:30   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Can I check my Delhi registered car's Traffic violation list here? If yes, link
Don't know. Try it at Bangalore City Traffic Police. Look for Search & Pay violations by Vehicle Number at the bottom left of the home page.
Old 10th February 2010, 20:17   #239
BHPian

Quote:

Even I dont see a way, how this cab managed to come on the wrong side. Most probably it went into a 180 deg spin when it got hit by the sumo from behind.

Is it possible to get the actual story?

Regards,
Old 10th February 2010, 20:30   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
Even I dont see a way, how this cab managed to come on the wrong side. Most probably it went into a 180 deg spin when it got hit by the sumo from behind.

Is it possible to get the actual story?

Regards,
one way its possible, he started on correct lane midway near the lay bye, he came to know that he has a pickup from bomanahalli, so took a U turn and came down the worng way

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks