Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2010, 11:43   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
No, something like smart card I believe. Check out TOI issues one or two days after this tollway was opened for public use.
Checkout the application form that i have posted earlier. According to it, there would be two options: Onboard unit & smart card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4loys View Post
Monthly pass application form attached. There is security deposit for getting Onboard Unit & Smart Card and conditions attached to looks interesting!
Attachment 273405
Old 1st February 2010, 11:45   #182
Team-BHP Support

Was it just my feeling, or do the others also feel that the entry points to toll booths of the elevated highway from the Electronics City entrance are really narrow?
Old 1st February 2010, 11:50   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Was it just my feeling, or do the others also feel that the entry points to toll booths of the elevated highway from the Electronics City entrance are really narrow?
I was about to say the same thing. My Bro actually slowed down to make sure he does not hit the booth. They are really narrow
Old 1st February 2010, 11:51   #184
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

absolutely
im a 100% sure there will be lots of lovely bottlenecks to negotiate, going forward.
these delays at the toll booths themselves will certainly eat into the potential time saving that one expects by going on the expressway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
I was about to say the same thing. My Bro actually slowed down to make sure he does not hit the booth. They are really narrow
Old 1st February 2010, 12:57   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
absolutely
im a 100% sure there will be lots of lovely bottlenecks to negotiate, going forward.
these delays at the toll booths themselves will certainly eat into the potential time saving that one expects by going on the expressway!
Whats new?
Lovely bottlenecks are Bangalore's speciality! We spend crores to build bottlenecks..and then a few more to move a bottleneck from one place to another.

Offtopic: Today i spent 25 minutes at the NEW Advanced Brilliant NGEF junction on Old Madras Road.

Last edited by Torqy : 1st February 2010 at 13:01.
Old 1st February 2010, 13:57   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So you like wide entrance so that some cab drivers can cut/squeeze to the front when you are trying to pay the toll!!. But I agree the fact that it is not wide enough for Indian driving style.

Problem here is toll booth (e city) is pretty close to the wide turn so people get confused which lane to go, and available time to decide is very less. What required is some good signboards/lane markings.

I used the tollway today around 12 noon, man it was full of trucks moving at around 40 speed on both the lanes

Last edited by Latheesh : 1st February 2010 at 14:05.
Old 1st February 2010, 14:19   #187
BANNED

look at the ORR- IBLUR junction and then HSR Layout junction near BDA.

complete chaos.

they are nowhere near completion of even one part of that huge flyover but have already started digging up and spoiling the place where the second flyover is to come.

now the net result is that we have 2 sets of lovely bottlenecks to contend with not to mention the huge influx of large and dangerous traffic into what was only a quiet residential area not so long ago!

looking on the bright side I guess at least that they may open both flyovers together so suddenly one's traffic woes will get alleviated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
Whats new?
Lovely bottlenecks are Bangalore's speciality! We spend crores to build bottlenecks..and then a few more to move a bottleneck from one place to another.

Offtopic: Today i spent 25 minutes at the NEW Advanced Brilliant NGEF junction on Old Madras Road.
Old 1st February 2010, 15:07   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
looking on the bright side I guess at least that they may open both flyovers together so suddenly one's traffic woes will get alleviated!
I thought you were going to say
" ... so suddenly one's traffic woes will get elevated!"
Old 1st February 2010, 15:09   #189
BANNED

good attempt at a pun there my friend!

might as well focus on the brighter side - less stress and misery all around that way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
I thought you were going to say
" ... so suddenly one's traffic woes will get elevated!"
Old 1st February 2010, 15:21   #190
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
So you like wide entrance so that some cab drivers can cut/squeeze to the front when you are trying to pay the toll!!. But I agree the fact that it is not wide enough for Indian driving style.
I can live with allowing a cabbie to butt in, rather than scraping my car against the booth entry.

I am not asking for acres of space for the toll entry, just enough so its not a tight fit. Looks like they tried to introduce greater number of toll booths in the available space.
Old 1st February 2010, 15:53   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I can live with allowing a cabbie to butt in, rather than scraping my car against the booth entry.

I am not asking for acres of space for the toll entry, just enough so its not a tight fit. Looks like they tried to introduce greater number of toll booths in the available space.
Why I said is, last week I was going from Infy side towards elevated way. They had kept 2 lanes opened in toll booth, then I saw an Indica (pvt) coming from behind. His intention was clear from the way he was driving, he wanted to overtake me and pass through the toll gate first. I slowed down and allowed him to go.

Its sad to see that no one is taking care of driving discipline on elevated way. May be we TBHPians can do something:

1) Spreading road safety awareness in collaboration with ELCIA/Traffic police dept
2) Installing big sign boards to display on elevated way (we may have to find some sponsors for the same)
3) Distributing pamphlet on road safety.

I know that there are many TBHPians in electronics city alone. Going by my number of spottings surely >50. Can we do something?

If we can do something on this and set a benchmark for others to try, it'll be great.

Last edited by Latheesh : 1st February 2010 at 15:55.
Old 1st February 2010, 15:59   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
look at the ORR- IBLUR junction and then HSR Layout junction near BDA.

complete chaos.

they are nowhere near completion of even one part of that huge flyover but have already started digging up and spoiling the place where the second flyover is to come.

now the net result is that we have 2 sets of lovely bottlenecks to contend with not to mention the huge influx of large and dangerous traffic into what was only a quiet residential area not so long ago!

The Iblur junction one and second one before Prerna motors is planned to open in April 2010.

The other one you are talking about, next to BDA, has just started and will take time till 2011.
Old 1st February 2010, 16:18   #193
BANNED

thanks Dadu
thats decent news for a start!!

Hope like the blazes that they stick to the deadline and dont do another "elevated toll-way delay" on us!

The fact is that when these flyovers actually open while one may be able to zip from ORR to Iblur and then literally fly over Prerana, one will still be forced to dead halt at HSR BDA junction and Im sure there'll be miles of jams on that account alone.

hope a miracle happens in terms of execution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
The Iblur junction one and second one before Prerna motors is planned to open in April 2010.

The other one you are talking about, next to BDA, has just started and will take time till 2011.
Old 1st February 2010, 17:23   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
good attempt at a pun there my friend!

might as well focus on the brighter side - less stress and misery all around that way!
Well, I was not making fun of you, no offense please. Just wondering the way our traffic system operates, and the end result result. There are many flyovers which have not served in de-congesting traffic.
Old 1st February 2010, 17:35   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks Dadu
thats decent news for a start!!

Hope like the blazes that they stick to the deadline and dont do another "elevated toll-way delay" on us!

The fact is that when these flyovers actually open while one may be able to zip from ORR to Iblur and then literally fly over Prerana, one will still be forced to dead halt at HSR BDA junction and Im sure there'll be miles of jams on that account alone.

hope a miracle happens in terms of execution!
At the current pace I am expecting a delay of 1-2 months max.

but just wait and watch the Silk Board junction once all of them are completed, you will see mother of all jams there, unless they build an underpass there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks