Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2015, 11:03   #736
Senior - BHPian

So finally I went to the BETL office to replace the OBU with the new RFID system coz Mar 25th is the last day to get it changed and after that they won't allow you through the OBU lane.

Bangalore Elevated Tollway-imageuploadedbyteambhp1426656690.772798.jpg

Went straight past the EC phase 1 exit and through the toll on Hosur Road. Went ahead and took a u-turn at the signal and the switched to the service lane. The BETL is next to D-Mart (like Rohan and Latheesh have mentioned). There's a road going down right after D-Mart; take that and you'll find the BETL office on your right.

For new and old users there are two different forms to fill. They'll ask you to self attest the vehicle registration document and provide with the duly filled form.

If there is balance in your account they'll adjust it to your new account. I had 530/- in my account and they adjusted it. They don't ask you to pay the 150/- for the RFID sticker, since you're returning the OBU it is adjusted.

Bangalore Elevated Tollway-imageuploadedbyteambhp1426656730.029395.jpg

Ta da!

Bangalore Elevated Tollway-imageuploadedbyteambhp1426656747.747624.jpg

Guidelines for using the RFID system:

Bangalore Elevated Tollway-imageuploadedbyteambhp1426656812.265390.jpg
Old 18th March 2015, 17:18   #737
BHPian

Re: Bangalore Elevated Tollway

In and out in 45 minutes today late afternoon.

All you need is fill and submit the forms wait for your vehicle number to be called. The RFID's are mapped and glued to your windshield.

Could see a lot of cab folks and travel agency folks waiting for their turn to get RFID's. I presume as the deadline is approaching there would be more rush to get this done.
Old 18th March 2015, 20:53   #738
Senior - BHPian

If you can, try to go there in the morning. I reached there by 9:50 and was out by 10:10. Less crowd
Old 23rd March 2015, 08:07   #739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
For folks using the OBU here's something you need to know.

Attachment 1348948

btw, where is their office?
Is this the same as the FASTAG system the government is planning to introduce across all over India by 2015?

-- Wind
Old 23rd March 2015, 15:22   #740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
Is this the same as the FASTAG system the government is planning to introduce across all over India by 2015?

-- Wind
not sure mate. the very fact that the sticker says BETL and NHAI leads me to believe this is not part of the FASTag system. i could be wrong too.
Old 23rd March 2015, 15:39   #741
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
not sure mate. the very fact that the sticker says BETL and NHAI leads me to believe this is not part of the FASTag system. i could be wrong too.
If the new RFID device has BETL & NHAI, that means it is now part of the centralised FASTag system.
Prepaid toll pass by February end
See the above news report which clearly says that FASTag is an initiative also supported by NHAI.
Old 23rd March 2015, 15:54   #742
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
If the new RFID device has BETL & NHAI, that means it is now part of the centralised FASTag system.
Prepaid toll pass by February end
See the above news report which clearly says that FASTag is an initiative also supported by NHAI.
ok, i meant to say - says BETL and not NHAI.. forgot the not

btw, overheard them BETL folks saying that the Attibele told does not have the RFID system in place yet and hence the RFID provide is only activated for the BETL toll. don't know if there is any updates.

Last edited by IronH4WK : 23rd March 2015 at 15:55.
Old 23rd March 2015, 16:01   #743
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the Attibele told does not have the RFID system in place yet and hence the RFID provide is only activated for the BETL toll. don't know if there is any updates.
I think FASTag is only getting rolled out in phases, and in South I guess most tolls near Chennai is getting upgraded first. But does the new tag says FASTag at least? In that case I think the new RFID tag would be compatible with the readers placed on National Highways as well.
Old 24th March 2015, 09:40   #744
BHPian

There is a lot of rush now to get the RFID tag since the deadline is nearing.
I had given my form along with the OBU yesterday evening and collected the RFID today morning.
Old 24th March 2015, 09:47   #745
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
BETL folks saying that the Attibele told does not have the RFID system in place yet and hence the RFID provide is only activated for the BETL toll. don't know if there is any updates.
Not sure of the current status. However, some 3 weeks back when I crossed Attibele they were still constructing an additional toll lane on the right most side. They had taken off part of the median for the same. Was hoping it would be for RFID implementation. The work looked to be progressing in snails pace, considering that it was almost in similar state when I traveled in Jan too.
Old 15th April 2015, 07:20   #746

Can someone tell me how to check the balance of (Balance based) RF ID issued by Bangalore Elevated Tollways from beginning of April 2015?

I cannot see any self-service option in their web site, neither any online balance recharging facility.

Again going to BELT office, standing in the queue & recharging is not a very smart option (with smart RF ID
Old 15th April 2015, 08:36   #747
Senior - BHPian

Last evening I had to use the expressway to go to Koramangala and I took the usual return toll, only when I came back did the checker tell me that it was a one way ticket, after some arguing, he let me go. I checked the ticket when I got home and it was a ₹ 45 one and my car number was wrong. This is my first experience of this sort after using the road for so long, I don't think the issuer made a mistake because he clearly took time to count the money. I just wanted to inform those who use this on a one off basis to beware of this fraud. I don't know if there is any use in complaining because everyone will be in on the scam.
Old 15th April 2015, 08:36   #748
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by variarsb View Post
Can someone tell me how to check the balance of (Balance based) RF ID issued by Bangalore Elevated Tollways from beginning of April 2015?

I cannot see any self-service option in their web site, neither any online balance recharging facility.

Again going to BELT office, standing in the queue & recharging is not a very smart option (with smart RF ID
Wouldn't that show the Balance right at the OBU/RFID Lane when you pass the booth?

I recall this was a feature with OBU and the balance along with the Regn Number used to get displayed. For low balance it also used to message "Please Recharge" of something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
Last evening I had to use the expressway to go to Koramangala and I took the usual return toll, only when I came back did the checker tell me that it was a one way ticket, after some arguing, he let me go. I checked the ticket when I got home and it was a ₹ 45 one and my car number was wrong. This is my first experience of this sort after using the road for so long, I don't think the issuer made a mistake because he clearly took time to count the money. I just wanted to inform those who use this on a one off basis to beware of this fraud. I don't know if there is any use in complaining because everyone will be in on the scam.
Earlier they used to scan the Bar Code of a Return ticket whenever I used to hand them over. Nowadays all that they do is check the date with all the laziness. I am not really sure if they check the Regn Number the way he quickly glances to the ticket. To ascertain if its the same Regn number he would at least look at the monitor screen where the car is displayed!

Last edited by paragsachania : 15th April 2015 at 08:39. Reason: Quoting avira_tk
Old 15th April 2015, 09:38   #749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by variarsb View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Wouldn't that show the Balance right at the OBU/RFID Lane when you pass the booth?

I recall this was a feature with OBU and the balance along with the Regn Number used to get displayed. For low balance it also used to message "Please Recharge" of something like that.
i'm not sure of the system is active now because whenever i pass through the gate, the green signal doesn't light up; the display just says Welcome to BETL something something.

also, i still see someone people using the OBU unit and passing through the automated lane. whatever happened to the March 25th deadline?
Old 15th April 2015, 10:36   #750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
March 25th deadline?
Got caught up in IST - Indian Stretchable Time

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks