Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2011, 14:34   #151
BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDM007 View Post
Starting this thread to discuss the Traffic issues on the streets of Hinjewadi.
Attachment 404839
Traffic Jam but car's following lane so soberly? Where does this happen bro? In Mumbai? I have to say that you guys are really lucky. If this was bangalore, you wouldn't spot a single space empty on the road. Forget about lane itself.
Old 4th March 2011, 07:57   #152
Senior - BHPian

I guess some action is happening to ease the traffic woes of Hinjewadi. Read in the papers yesterday that PMT is planning Mercedes AC buses to Hinjewadi. It seems it would have LCD Screens, Mobile chargers and the works. The details about the routes planned or the timings were not given. The budget allocated is 12.50 Cr for this plan.

I only hope that adequate thought is given into the implementation of this plan and it sees the light of the day.

Following points IMO would be important:
1) Route Planning
2) Frequency
3) Fare
Old 4th March 2011, 09:17   #153
BHPian

Hey this thread deals with the place I have been coming to for the last 8 years . And it has grown but sadly the roads have not. I started coming here in 2003 when the traffic was less , there was very little of Phase 2 , no Phase 3 and Phase 1 was the main focus. Few observations over the years
1) The roads have got a divider at least upto the flyover of Wakad.
2) The direction of traffic from Hinjewadi to the City are chaotic and the access roads for these new alternatives are still narrow especially the flyover at Wakad.
3) Internal traffic with the Phases 1 ,2 and 3 is OK but the roads need to widened beyond Shivaji Chowk in Hinjewadi which caters to a lot of Phase 2 heading traffic.
4) The chaos will increase once the Blue Ridge scheme becomes operational since there will be residential traffic going across too.
5) A completely new exit road upto Hinjewadi from NH-4 side (and also for traffic in the reverse direction) after the Mula bridge crossing is necessary for non Aundh side traffic . This will ease a lot of congestion on the existing roads. This road should come into Phase 1.

Well I am sure the local authorities have considered this option before but to no avail. Corrupt politicians , indifferent gram panchayats , farmers demanding compensation from loss of farmland in the road construction are probably the major blockers. But come to think of it had this been implemented the authorities would have recovered the costs. Maybe if there was a token toll (with monthly pass et al options) it would be good to recover the new road costs.
Old 4th March 2011, 10:43   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
Traffic Jam but car's following lane so soberly? Where does this happen bro? In Mumbai? I have to say that you guys are really lucky. If this was bangalore, you wouldn't spot a single space empty on the road. Forget about lane itself.
Thats Hinjewadi, Pune. And I can assure you, it only appears so in those pics. I should have clicked a pic today morning, just to clear this little misunderstanding amongst folk from other towns.
Old 10th March 2011, 20:28   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Thats Hinjewadi, Pune. And I can assure you, it only appears so in those pics. I should have clicked a pic today morning, just to clear this little misunderstanding amongst folk from other towns.
Thats just illusion , until and unless you have a " All IRON truck with all those flimsy Iron grills etc , you just can't feel safe on that road " All the James Bond's ( Auto wala's , bikers , cabbies) can be seen going L to R without even flashing indicators . And they are more than happy in using the oncoming traffic lane if theirs is jammed .

Have been commuting to this place for 5+ years and the situataion seems to be growing worse day by day . The only probable solution I can think of is a concept on lines with the London Transport - " Congestion Charge " on weekdays . That just might demotivate people to bring lesser vehicles .

No offense but Traffic sense just can't be developed in Puneri public
Old 11th March 2011, 16:22   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
No offense but Traffic sense just can't be developed in Puneri public
+1 to that, the way people drive is just crazy! Red signals for them is like 'am I suppose to stop?' kind of a mystery! Pune has one of the worst traffic sense (or lack of it!)
Old 17th March 2011, 23:38   #157
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulhas.ahirrao View Post
Red signals for them is like 'am I suppose to stop?' kind of a mystery!
LOL. Whenever I am the first person to stop at a red light, my eyes remained fixed on the rear view mirrors due to the expectation that some moron will inevitably bang from the rear on a given day. It has happened twice, by the way. Both times by some Indica taxi. Once a direct hit. Second time, a second taxi hit the first taxi behind my car, which in turn hit my car.
Old 28th March 2011, 18:47   #158
BHPian

Noticed that the traffic police has finally extended the divider on both sides of the hinjewadi flyover for 20-30 yards. From a distance, looks like cones placed on the road. What were they thinking? Bikers can still go through them, probably cars too - not sure how strong these things are.

Doing the home commute, saw some vehicles still opting for wrong side driving to avoid a slightly longer router. Craziness knows no bounds.
Old 28th March 2011, 22:47   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
Noticed that the traffic police has finally extended the divider on both sides of the hinjewadi flyover for 20-30 yards. From a distance, looks like cones placed on the road. What were they thinking? Bikers can still go through them, probably cars too - not sure how strong these things are.

Doing the home commute, saw some vehicles still opting for wrong side driving to avoid a slightly longer router. Craziness knows no bounds.
mmxylo : They are protrusions from the fixed things which resemble cat's eyes. Atleast car drivers cant cross over, because they are more rigid than traffic cones.
There was a massive choke up today morning for apparently no reason.
Compounding the problem is motorists with absolutely no sense.

Check out the two wheeler riders cutting across traffic lanes to jump onto the wrong side of the road, oblivious to the traffic going in the right way in either direction.

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-image114.jpg

And if you switch your lights on, apparently, all is forgiven on the road, no matter what you do. Or so does this Alto driver think, when he was speeding down the wrong side, lights switched on straight into an oncoming bus.

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-image115.jpg

To make matters worse, some drivers drive on the extreme right of the wrong side, and some alongside the divider, leaving only the middle lane free for the traffic in the correct direction. That is, if none of the wrongdoers are overtaking each other.
Old 28th March 2011, 22:48   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Noticed them too. Wonder if they would still be there tomorrow morning.
Old 29th March 2011, 12:18   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Apparently, this caused a huge bottle neck down the flyover (or is it just a coincidence). I had my heart in mouth when this Santro guy who seems to be enjoying his first days in the civilization (or so he seems) was happily tailgating me at insane speeds, he even screeched to halt twice, all this when I was using just the clutch and brake!! Felt like bashing the moron! Yeah! Craziness knows no bounds!
Old 29th March 2011, 12:51   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

@sajo- thanks for the pics! Today I got honked at by a guy who was going on the wrong lane and trying to merge back in behind me. I was apparently too slow for His Highness and a bus was bearing down on him. The bus had right of way, so he didn't bother slowing down. I had some traffic in front of me and luckily it cleared in time so I was able to give the Swift some room to squeeze in. Imagine if this hadn't happened- the bus would have continued, the Swift owner panicked and banged into me and I would be sandwiched between the two. For NO FAULT of mine!
Old 29th March 2011, 13:26   #163
Senior - BHPian

The other day I had a word with the traffic constable and asked him why is he letting go people on the wrong side the answer was (translated from hindi)

Cons'ble: Sir they are all villagers and are illiterates, it is tough to make them understand the rules.

Me: No I see the guy wearing a tag he must be in some IT company.

C: Sir if the educated behave like this, what can we do?

The car ahead moved and I went ahead wondering if me too am passionless in my job like that police! He is definitely caught in a wrong job!! LOL
Old 29th March 2011, 13:50   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
@sajo- thanks for the pics! Today I got honked at by a guy who was going on the wrong lane and trying to merge back in behind me...
Me too sick of people who go on the wrong side and try to merge back in by bullying people in the right lane!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post

C: Sir if the educated behave like this, what can we do?

Around 95% of the offenders are commuters heading to the companies.
Old 29th March 2011, 14:01   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Sir if the educated behave like this, what can we do?
Absolutely Correctly Said by Traffic Police.
From last few weeks i am also a regular of Hinjewadi but in opposite Direction. So get less traffic but huge on coming traffic on my side of Road.

From Dange Chowk->Hinjewadi Village->Wakad.
Every Day i have to encounter numerous 2/4 wheelers on my way, On bridge its like everybody is wants to overtake from right leaving no space for Oncoming vehicle...what so ever you do they never give way or budge...hazard lights..headlights...Power Horn...nothing can deter them.
I remember in Powai there is a unwritten rule that 2 wheeler will go from left side and there is always a small gap left for 2 wheelers, why cant the same goes in hinjewadi.

Even my car is hit from an on coming bike on the birdge and he said its my fault, i said its my way.

Many of these guys are very well educated well mannered well cultured inside there offices, malls... but they become villagers on the way to Hinjewadi Village. Again if educated folks do this then forgive the uneducated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks