Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2011, 13:06   #181
BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
I guess you meant more overbridges . The existing so called fly overs in pune are just overbridges . IMHO theres not even 1 flyover existing in Pune . The first flyover proposed was the the Esquare flyover , which when started turned out to be another overbridge

I really wonder how the authorities call it a Flyover.
You start climbing and you are not even 150 mts and you get the 1st branching leading to pashan (Making the whole flow of traffic slow and cluttered), another 200 odd mts and the 2nd outlet for baner . .

And you should not miss out the spots where they merge with mainflow- on pashan/baner road. I find them very dangeros specially for the vehicles which are not on the flyover (so called) who want to join the flow of the traffic pouring from the flyover outlets !

I think the bridge was built with no long term planning.
Old 6th April 2011, 13:16   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos View Post
I think the bridge was built with no long term planning.
This statement is applicable for most of the road widening, flyover/bridge construction work that has been done in Pune in the recent past. As far as long term planning goes, I guess the municipal authorities' motto is "We'll cross the bridge when we come to it" ;-)

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 6th April 2011 at 13:22.
Old 11th April 2011, 18:05   #183
BHPian

Moving a little distance away from Hinjewadi, who had the great idea to create mountains on NDA road and Paud road ? Yes, I am talking about the speed breakers/road crossing points that came up, literally overnight.

There are boards put up indicating that these are to assist senior citizens to cross the road.
Old 11th April 2011, 18:29   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
Moving a little distance away from Hinjewadi, who had the great idea to create mountains on NDA road and Paud road ? Yes, I am talking about the speed breakers/road crossing points that came up, literally overnight.

There are boards put up indicating that these are to assist senior citizens to cross the road.
And they are not even painted in reflective paint :( .
Unsuspecting drivers coming in from the Mumbai side and entering Pune from chandani chowk are getting a nasty bump since most of them are coming too fast.

PS : Rains today. Expect the jams to be 2x on the way back.
Old 13th April 2011, 19:04   #185
BHPian

Quote:
talking about the speed breakers/road crossing points that came up, literally overnight.

Well still cant understand the thinking behind this . It has been built all over Pune now. Was just wondering what would happen to a low GC vehicle . Its literally a big hump in the road moreover non painted

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
PS : Rains today. Expect the jams to be 2x on the way back.
Whoa , it hardly rained a few drops and there was a long queue extending till Phase 2 circle . God Help !! Sense prevailed and I left the office @ 9:30 to negotiate a lesser crowd .

Quote:
I dont understand the issue with the droplets and jams, though they always seem to be there, even if the road is merely moist and it has stopped raining some time ago.
I can see the road if I stand up at my desk, and even right now there are big jams.
Thanks for the Quick update , but honestly speaking have been observing this illogical connectio of rains and jams on Pune roads for past 5 years , still wondering why ??

Last edited by jealousdiamond : 13th April 2011 at 19:13.
Old 13th April 2011, 19:10   #186
Senior - BHPian

I dont understand the issue with the droplets and jams, though they always seem to be there, even if the road is merely moist and it has stopped raining some time ago.
I can see the road if I stand up at my desk, and even right now there are big jams.
Old 14th April 2011, 12:25   #187
BHPian

Lucky Me, I used to work in Yerwada office.

Only once in two or three months I used to go to my Hinjewadi office. So that fine with me. I would say that's a great escape.
Old 14th April 2011, 12:46   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Moving a little distance away from Hinjewadi, who had the great idea to create mountains on NDA road and Paud road ? Yes, I am talking about the speed breakers/road crossing points that came up, literally overnight. There are boards put up indicating that these are to assist senior citizens to cross the road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
Well still cant understand the thinking behind this . It has been built all over Pune now. Was just wondering what would happen to a low GC vehicle . Its literally a big hump in the road moreover non painted
Firstly, if they expect senior citizens to cross over the hump when vehicles are already bumping their way there, its sheer stupidity. If at all the system has to work the pedestrian crossing should be after the hump, not on it

Secondly, as already pointed out the humps are a huge safety issue as they are not painted, they are not visible and some of them are at very short distances from curves/ bends. I guess these would be unnecessary if people just respected zebra crossings at signals, but thats another long story
Old 14th April 2011, 13:00   #189
Senior - BHPian

Any clue as to why the tarffic flow was so smooth in the morning? Not that I am complaining, but not used to such situations in our good ol' H'Wadi.

I reached office from Wakad flyover in 10 mins flat! Felt like a dream .
Old 14th April 2011, 13:08   #190
BHPian

Wait for Rainy Season, all things will happen on Hinjewadi Road including Chaos, Riots, Loots, Accidents.

Because, last years Rainy reason was like a very bad dream. This year lot of people bought a car. All my friends are now equipped with a Car. See all these new cars plus already existing cars on road in this rainy season.

My company's parking is having two floors for car parking. Last Year, In summer generally one floor was occupied by cars and second was empty but in rainy season both floors were jam packed. This year in summer two floors are almost full with cars. I can not imagine the situation in coming rainy season.

Last edited by sushantr5 : 14th April 2011 at 13:10.
Old 14th April 2011, 13:14   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Any clue as to why the tarffic flow was so smooth in the morning? Not that I am complaining, but not used to such situations in our good ol' H'Wadi.

Yep thats true.
What I observed was there were Police just at the landing of flyover to keep the entry and landing clean. No one was allowed to stop at the landing making it chaos free.
Second thing I noticed was there we no vehicles taking U turn at various divider breaks from flyover to Hinjewadi.
Third thing was there were to big vehicles comming from otherside and entring the small lane just after Shell Bunk (and vice versa).

At the end of it I thought I was just plain lucky to hit the sweet timing
Old 14th April 2011, 13:17   #192
Senior - BHPian

I came in at 10.30 , and was in 4th gear from HP bunk to Shell bunk! I assumed most companies have a holiday today (for some reason or the other).
Old 14th April 2011, 13:41   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post

One reason could be its a Thursday - weekly off for the other industries. Couple this with it being a Bank Holiday as well today.
Old 14th April 2011, 14:01   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
One reason could be its a Thursday - weekly off for the other industries. Couple this with it being a Bank Holiday as well today.
Shortlist the companies which had a holiday today. And then we can safely blame them for all our traffic woes!
Old 14th April 2011, 14:03   #195
BHPian

Quote:
I came in at 10.30 , and was in 4th gear from HP bunk to Shell bunk! I assumed most companies have a holiday today (for some reason or the other).
Yes, indeed!

I have just moved to this side of Pune and plan to reside at Wakad. What is the average time required to get from the Wakad flyover to the Infy circle on a normal working day? I need to plan my travel accordingly.

Ironically, on days when I come to Hinjewadi from Navi Mumbai, in the first 1hr and 30mins I'm at the Wakad flyover and another 30 mins it takes to get to the Infy circle!

OT: Thanks to my new work location, I've been seeing a lot of TBHP cars!

Cheers!
DueLLeR

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks