Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2009, 22:03   #226
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
There is a company which pays you money if you put advertisements on your car.
Search on google
Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
Wow, such things exists then - but still funding will not be enough to cover a a 30-day Ladakh tour, need a lottery. Anyway lets get back to the Ladakh tour program.

Q1. BSNL GPRS works in the Ladakh region?

Q2. Going from Zangla [zanskar area] to Leh - is there any shorter route or again have to retrace back through Kargil?

Last edited by adc : 25th March 2009 at 22:14.
Old 25th March 2009, 23:58   #227
adc
Senior - BHPian

Rohtang Pass opening delayed

Just to share one news item...

Quote:
Rohtang Pass receives snow, opening may be delayed

The efforts of the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) to open the Rohtang Pass for road traffic to the tribals areas of Himachal Pradesh received a temporary set back as the 13,500 feet high received another spell of snow last night. Alongwith the Rohtang Pass, all the higher reaches of HP received low to moderate snowfall last night while the mid and lower hills had rain.

Keylong, the headquarter town of Lahaul and Spiti district recorded 4 cm fresh snow while Chitkul and its surrounding areas in this tribal district received rain which is considered ideal for agriculture activities in the area.

The snow bound Pangi valley, Tiesa and Bharmour subdivision of Chamba district also had fresh snow last night and this morning while the historic town of Chamba experienced showers.

The majestic Dhauladhar ranges of Kangra district, Kinnar Kailesh and Shrikhand Kailesh in Kinnuar, Spat-Rishi in Lahual and Spiti, Sacch pass of Chamba district and Mari in Kullu also received snow. Jinjali and Shikari Devi in Mandi district and Churdhar Ranges in Sirmour district bordering Uttarakhand also reported fresh snowfall last night.

The popular tourist resort of Manali had rain while the hills surrounding the Manali valley had traces of snow. The tourist resorts of Kufri and Narkanda also reported traces of fresh snow. Kasauli in Solan district recorded 36.5 mm rain, Sundernagar had 16.8 mm rain while Mandi had 14.3 mm ranfall. The capital resort of Shimla recorded 5.3 mm rainfall Joginderngar had 19 mm rain and Rohru in Shimla district had 3.3 mm rain. Nalagarh, Amb in Una and Nahan also reported traces of rain .

Kalpa continued to remain the coldest place in the state with minimum temperature hovering around zero degree celsius. The minimum at Shimla was 6.8 degrees celsius while at Bhuntar in Kullu district it was 10.2 degrees celsius. The minimum at Una and Sundernagar hovered at 12.4 degrees celsius while at Dharamshala it was 8.1 degrees celsius.

The Met office has forecast snow in the higher reaches of the state and rainfall in the lower and mid hill in the next 24 hours.

Source: Rohtang Pass receives snow, opening may be delayed

Last edited by adc : 25th March 2009 at 23:59.
Old 7th April 2009, 14:31   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here is my plan.
The Good part : I have 3 weeks leave
The Bad Part : It can be anytime from May 15th to Sept 15, no idea till mid april when the window will popup. I am hoping its not between June 15-Aug 15 as thats peak tourist season!
Attachment 115998
Could you please Upload the spreadsheet in excel format.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
And abnormal rain to spoil your fun. Do it around end August. Climate will be better.
I would be interested in joining in the Drive if its happening in August.

Would like to plan accordingly.
Old 9th April 2009, 17:33   #229
BHPian

Hey guys, here is my plan for leh sometimes in August.
Travel in train from Bangalore to Delhi (with my bike) and from there ride till Leh Passing Manali route.

One question, What documents i need to book my bike in train in both ways ( Bangalore to Delhi and Delhi to Bangalore).

I'm sure lot of guys from bangalore done this, so waiting for your replies.
Old 9th April 2009, 17:42   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
Hey guys, here is my plan for leh sometimes in August.
Travel in train from Bangalore to Delhi (with my bike) and from there ride till Leh Passing Manali route.

One question, What documents i need to book my bike in train in both ways ( Bangalore to Delhi and Delhi to Bangalore).

I'm sure lot of guys from bangalore done this, so waiting for your replies.
As a matter of fact you don't need any papers to show to the railway folks. But suggest you keep all your documents. You'll be required to completely drain your fuel tank for fire protection. Also there is an option of getting your bike insured by paying a small premium.
Old 9th April 2009, 18:01   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
As a matter of fact you don't need any papers to show to the railway folks. But suggest you keep all your documents.
5 years back when i was shifting my bike from delhi to Bhubaneswar, i was asked to get a NOC for my bike at Delhi Railway station. So i'm little confused now whether i need NOC.

Second thing if i get a NOC from bangalore now and need to reapply for NOC later sometime will they provide me NOC?

Thanks
Old 9th April 2009, 18:06   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
As a matter of fact you don't need any papers to show to the railway folks.
Not so easy these days!
They seem to be asking for registration to be in the name of the person shipping the bike!
Old 9th April 2009, 18:12   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
5 years back when i was shifting my bike from delhi to Bhubaneswar, i was asked to get a NOC for my bike at Delhi Railway station. So i'm little confused now whether i need NOC.

Second thing if i get a NOC from bangalore now and need to reapply for NOC later sometime will they provide me NOC?

Thanks
Boss there is a saying that slight lubrication at the right places make the wheels of the system run smoothly. I hope you understand.

I have moved my bike once from Hyd - Chennai and another time Delhi - Hubli. Never remember having shown any papers.
Old 9th April 2009, 19:28   #234
BHPian

Vechile Re-Registration

Quote:

Thanks
I am not sure about other states, when I was transferring my Splendor from Mumbai to Bangalore (by Road) they insisted on a copy of all documents & NOC as it was required to be shown at Commercial / RTO Check Posts.

@ Akas : I hope that you have re-registered your bike at Bhubaneshwar RTO, in that case you would have received your "OR" registration by paying the Life Time tax for the "remaining" life of vehicle. Assuming that the vehicle is re-registered, you can go through the same process to get a new NOC from Orissa RTO

Cheers
Old 15th April 2009, 11:27   #235
Team-BHP Support

We are planning to go around mid august(final dates not yet certain).
It will be a three week plan.
Any other couples planning around similar timeframe?
We can convoy to Ladakh, and around Zanskar etc., we can go together.
@MileCruncher
I have attached the tentative plan as xls
Ladakh plan.xls
Old 15th April 2009, 11:32   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@MileCruncher
Attachment 125390
Thanks TSK. I'm very interested and need to plan from now and add my 3 days Hyderabad - Delhi drive as well. As a matter of fact, my mother is also very interested but don't know whether she'll finally make it or not.
Old 15th April 2009, 11:37   #237
Team-BHP Support

We plan to do Spiti also on the way back, so if you lack time, we can part ways at Keylong on the way back.
We will start from Delhi on a Friday morning so that it goes like this
Delhi - Manali Friday
Manali-Keylong/Jispa Saturday
Keylong/Jispa - Leh Sunday
On Monday we will do the permits etc.,

If your mother is below 60 and not asthamatic it should be okay.
But best to consult a doctor about high altitude
Old 15th April 2009, 11:39   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@MileCruncher
Attachment 125390
Our plan was to do this trip in May but reading lots of suggestions on TBhp and the recent article regarding delaying of passes we have psotponed it till august.

Kindly keep updating the thread regarding the dates in August as and when finalised and if the dates are finalised on my end (which are unfortunately very unikely to happen till the very end) ill post them here and then we can see.

Max we would have is 15 days in our hand so dont think we woud be able to cover all that u have suggested in the tentative plan neverthless Going in a convoy atleast one way, rather than travelling alone is a very good idea.

Thanks
Old 15th April 2009, 12:04   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
Our plan was to do this trip in May but reading lots of suggestions on TBhp and the recent article regarding delaying of passes we have psotponed it till august.

hi guys i am not very sure about this but is it really that bad?? and does it have to be postponed all the way upto Aug??

i plan to visit ladakh in the second half of july..will that be a bad idea??

well i am told its not a very good idea to be there around 15th Aug
Old 15th April 2009, 12:07   #240
Team-BHP Support

Around 15th August security is tightened, but this affects the Kashmir route more than the Manali-Leh route.
@deky, if you look at my itenary, the third week is for Spiti, so if we are a convoy, we can part ways at Keylong on the return journey.
Ideally 3 couples in 2/3 cars is the best way because any larger number would mean trouble finding rooms etc.,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks