Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2011, 12:02   #61
BHPian

Re: Thread exclusively on Tambaram, residents please chip in.

Tambaram residents, a quick question:

I'm planning to get a gear lock installed in my new car. Any reliable accessories shops in and around Medavakkam?

Thanks in Advance,
Vineet
Old 16th January 2011, 12:13   #62
Senior - BHPian

^^ I would not consider any shop this side of Saidapet for any job of this sort.
Old 16th January 2011, 12:56   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
^^ I would not consider any shop this side of Saidapet for any job of this sort.
Thanks for the quick reply Gansan.

Do you think it's better to make a trip to General Patters Road (I've heard that's where the main car accessories market is)? Will the shops there be open on a Sunday?
Old 16th January 2011, 13:03   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineetmanghani View Post
Thanks for the quick reply Gansan.

Do you think it's better to make a trip to General Patters Road (I've heard that's where the main car accessories market is)? Will the shops there be open on a Sunday?
I am not sure. May be someone else can answer this and even suggest a particular shop. What car have you bought? Have you checked the cost of this at the showroom? PM Nitrous and he will guide you.
Old 16th January 2011, 13:11   #65
Senior - BHPian

Guys, all really sorry had not been able to visit this thread for a long time. Had too short time between my projects.

I know we all did try to catch up and later there were some disagreements on the date when we planned earlier, and now we are here.
How abt meeting up at Feb 6th (sunday) (morning or evening) at Railway ground Tambaram.

Do you think we would be able to make it. Please let us know your availability. We will have a quorum of 7 people. If 7 people are game we will go ahead with the plan of meeting on this date.
I guess it makes more sense to give aroun 13 dates time as not many are checking this thread that often.

No rules attached, we are just catching up, even guys can come in thier bikes if you want and if you feel convenient.

Once anyone confirms I will IM them my mobile number the dates before to help coordinate.

What say, is the date and place OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
I have lived close to 25 years in and around Tambaram. Currently i stay near perungalathur. Give me five crores (yeah five crores would do)to make me move out this area. I am too soaked in tambaram that i cant stand the city. I am always fine to drive 20kms to watch a movie or shop. I can stay at my inlaws during weekends when wife wants city. My cricket friends have stayed in the same place for the last fifteen years and i live farther away from the highway or station that its such a peaceful place. And my home is next to a park, coudnt ask more for open space.
Hi VW2010,
Welcome to the club great to have a long timer in the club. Really sorry to respond to your thread after this long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami69 View Post
Hi All, one thread lead to the other and finally this. Great to see a community in and around Tambaram area.
I drive a Ford Fiesta Moondust silver colour with Team-BHP stickets on the rear bumper. So, if somebody spot me, just try and wave and we could chat for a while. It will be great to meet you all guys.
Hi Swami69, welcome to the club. Will plan for the trip sooner. Long time back we did plan for this, then we had many request for meeting up during Jan end. and not much activity thats why dropped the idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murugaveln View Post
I live in Tambaram Sanatorium. Moved here from Bangalore five months back.
Hi Murugaveln, great to have you into the club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineetmanghani View Post
Tambaram residents, a quick question:
I'm planning to get a gear lock installed in my new car. Any reliable accessories shops in and around Medavakkam?
Thanks in Advance,
Vineet
There is one good shop in Kanthanchavady, OMR, normally all my office mates get thier accessory stuff done there (as its near my office)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Well said I completely agree.
Old 16th January 2011, 16:50   #66
Team-BHP Support

Guys, great to have a thread exclusively on Tambaram!

I stay at Selayur (Recently shifted from Medavakkam), and office is at perungalathur (That too, recently shifted from Shollinganallur).

At office, i need to support weekends. (Mostly alone, or with one or two other people!), and we need to order food from outside. What are the options available? I'm aware of anjappar and ponnuswamy- but both have need a minimum of 400!

Since i am able to claim this amount, money is not a problem- but i dont like to waste food. For example, today my colleague had to order 1 biriyani, 1 starter, 4 roti, 1 main gravy (just for 1 person) and some dessert to get the bill to 400! Any other options available in tambaram?
Old 16th January 2011, 22:28   #67
Senior - BHPian

Hi Crazydriver, did not know that you were also in Salaiyur, welcome to the club.
Regarding your query, are you specific about non veg restaurant?
Have you tried going to Vasanth Bhavan? Thats a good place. But if your question is specific to Selaiyur, then you can go to the Shakthi Cafe in Camp rd junction.

Anyway welcome to the club hope you will be able to make it to the meet, can you?
Old 16th January 2011, 23:08   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Guys, all really sorry had not been able to visit this thread for a long time. Had too short time between my projects.

I know we all did try to catch up and later there were some disagreements on the date when we planned earlier, and now we are here.
How abt meeting up at Feb 6th (sunday) (morning or evening) at Railway ground Tambaram.

What say, is the date and place OK.
@xingamazon: I would luv to join the meeting, but I can't confirm you now. My plan for a drive to Kadalur for a friend's wedding is still in the balance.

Guys, if you have any contacts of self-drive car rentals in Chennai, please do let me know. I am looking out for a 7-8 seater for this trip.
Old 16th January 2011, 23:23   #69
BHPian

@xingamazon, my cousin's independent house in Sembakkam is up for rent. Please let me know if I can post it here. If not, sorry for hijacking the thread.
Old 16th January 2011, 23:33   #70
BHPian

I spotted a team-bhpian's car few days back in front of Nilgiris supermarket in Medavakkam. I didn't even notice the car, it was the team-bhp sticker that attracted me. After seeing this thread I am happy that there are more bhpians here.

Now for the questions asked by the thread starter.

1. Which part of the Tambaram do you live among the areas mentioned above?
Bhel Nagar, Medavakkam
2. For how many years have you lived in this area? Do you think it has gone better over the years or has it gone worse?
I have been residing here for close to 9 years. It has got a lot better over the years and the land prices are sky rocketing.
2. Do you think life in Tambaram is better than what it is in city? I mean I have always seen all my friends divided on life in Tambaram vs City.Also provide you reason for liking hating living here..
I prefer Medavakkam to the city. Since I have moved my office from T. Nagar to Medavakkam, I go to the city only for shopping and that too not much.
3. What is your opinion about Tambaram being planned to be sepearated as a new City according the the new plan. Do you think it will make life in Tambaram better or worse?
I would like to say I live in Chennai and not another city. It would be better as a suburb than being called as a seperate city.
Old 17th January 2011, 19:23   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi Crazydriver, did not know that you were also in Salaiyur, welcome to the club.
Thank you.
Quote:
Regarding your query, are you specific about non veg restaurant?
Have you tried going to Vasanth Bhavan? Thats a good place. But if your question is specific to Selaiyur, then you can go to the Shakthi Cafe in Camp rd junction. [/quote]
I need some restaurants who can deliver food to my office at perungalathur! With a minimum order requirement of Rs 300 or similar! Do Vasanth Bhavan deliver food that far?

As for residence, i will definitely try Shakthi Cafe.

As for the meet, really sorry guys. I will be in kerala during that weekend. My best friend's wedding! Hope you all have a great time!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 17th January 2011 at 19:30.
Old 19th January 2011, 17:01   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Yes.I am ok with the date.
Where is the railway ground?
Old 19th January 2011, 22:42   #73
BHPian

^^
Here's a GM link

Quote:

Do you think we would be able to make it. Please let us know your availability.
Count me in, I would prefer evenings though.
Old 25th January 2011, 12:47   #74
Senior - BHPian

Guys I have only received three confirmation till date.
Not sure if others have seen this thread or not. Do chip in guys.
Anyway we will go ahead with those who have confirmed.
Old 25th January 2011, 18:43   #75
BHPian

Hi I am a newbie to TBHP, who was born in Tambaram, grew in Chromepet and settled in Sembakkam.

Regarding the locality, a lots of changed
- GST road in Chromepet,
- the traffic
- eataries, shopping
- Car Decor shops (Motozone in Sembakkam, Nataraj in Chromepet, a couple more on Tambaram Velachery road)
while there are a few things still caught in a time wrap
- Shanmugam road in TBM
- Pallikaranai, Kadaperi
- Missing out on the metro rail
- Vettri, Varadharaja
While the area is generally good and peaceful, the municipalities governing the area have a long way to go to improve civic amenities. With the city expanding to Chinglepet, it is a good thing to group them under one corporation for Governance but worried that it will get step motherly treatment. No metro rail for the east Tambaram corridor, water etc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks