Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2015, 17:59   #9361
Senior - BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

This is not exactly a product for cleaning, but it might just be helpful when it is released.
http://www.thecarshade.com/

What do you guys think?
Old 29th July 2015, 19:40   #9362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
3M does not retail their car care products except for microfibers. 3M owns Meguiars and you can buy Meguiars in retail. 3M car care shops also don't sell any of their car care products.
You have a list of car shampoo, glass cleaner, cream wax, liquid wax, tyre dresser and dashboard dresser on Flipkar and Amazon itself. Plus some helmet care and chain cleaner/chain lubes.
Old 30th July 2015, 12:10   #9363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
3M does not retail their car care products except for microfibers. 3M owns Meguiars and you can buy Meguiars in retail. 3M car care shops also don't sell any of their car care products.
I would disagree with this.
Here in Navi Mumbai, the 3M outlet at Palm Beach road, Seawoods does sell lots 3M & Meguiars products at their outlet. They have showcased all these "for sale" products in their customer waiting lounge.
Old 31st July 2015, 00:14   #9364

Another really good idea would be to first wash the car with Amway's car shampoo and a good quality chamois. Once the dirt is off ( you need to do this only once in two weeks if its not raining everyday) while it is still wet, take another damp cloth, apply some hair conditioner to it and wipe away the water. It will remove the water and the cloth will absorb it. Once it's dry just give it a light rub with a dry cloth and you'll be surprised! If you like i could recommend a conditioner brand
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20150628_110724.jpg  

Old 31st July 2015, 06:40   #9365
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshlance View Post
apply some hair conditioner to it
Ummm, waxes are cheaper than hair conditioners and they actually are designed to make the paint look good and add protection, why not use them instead?

There are a couple of spray waxes available in the market which can be used when the car is drying; same technique as you use with your hair conditioner.
Old 2nd August 2015, 01:29   #9366
BHPian

I have been offered a discounted Wurth package by MnM dealer for my new Xuv500 for Rs.8500. It includes exterior sealant, underbody protection, silencer and engine protection. Also saw a pretty impressive treatment of 'Opticoat pro' at my regular cash wash centre 'express car wash'. They are the authorised applicators for the same. It does cost a bomb i.e Rs. 25000 for a SUV (might get it for a discounted price of 20-22k) . I will be getting fabric, silencer, engine and underbody complementary with it. it adds a 2 micron coat on the manufacturers paint and Optimum claims that it lasts a lifetime. Infact company gives a warranty of 4-5 years too. I read some good news on international forums and also talked to one owner who got it done about one and half years back and his car was shining like brand new. Anyone got it done? Any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi@98 View Post
Can anybody here tell me where to get 3M products along with car care services in Trivandrum?
I know that the Toyota and Chevrolet dealers here have it. But is there any independent shop to get my Xuv5OO worked on with 3M products?
3M franchisees sell the products on MRP. I usually order them online from amazon or snapdeal and get a substantial discount on the same.
Mods please merge the posts.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 3rd August 2015 at 15:08.
Old 3rd August 2015, 13:58   #9367
BHPian

I have taken to cleaning the car myself for the last few months. I usually use proklear with about 750 ml of water. I use two different microfiber cloths to get the job done. The car is in very good condition but for two things:

1. Something seemed to have dropped on the rear of the car and its just not coming off. Can you guys suggest what I can do?

2. There seems to be a whole lot of black specs on the side view mirrors and the front bumper area, basically on the plastic parts. These are small flecks and I am unable to remove them.

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20150801_163746_1438590137662.jpg
Old 4th August 2015, 09:47   #9368
Distinguished - BHPian

Picked up a Carrand lug nut brush from Amazon US. for ~$5.

Yet to try though; hoping the brush isn't too big.

Pictures:
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20150801_113034_resized.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20150801_113034_resized_1.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20150801_113038_resized.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20150801_113046_resized.jpg  

Old 5th August 2015, 14:31   #9369
BHPian

Mav2000, have you tried claying after proper lubrication? Suggest any no rinse wash with proper dilution and clay. If it does not work, then try polishing with a machine. Cheers
Old 5th August 2015, 21:52   #9370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
I have taken to cleaning the car myself for the last few months. I usually use proklear with about 750 ml of water. I use two different microfiber cloths to get the job done. The car is in very good condition but for two things:

1. Something seemed to have dropped on the rear of the car and its just not coming off. Can you guys suggest what I can do?

2. There seems to be a whole lot of black specs on the side view mirrors and the front bumper area, basically on the plastic parts. These are small flecks and I am unable to remove them.

Attachment 1398618
For #1 - try diesel / goo gone / tar remover

For # 2 - those are tar spots. Use tar remover.
Old 5th August 2015, 23:21   #9371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
For #1 - try diesel / goo gone / tar remover

For # 2 - those are tar spots. Use tar remover.
Thanks man. Which tar remover do you suggest. I have seen a few on Amazon, but some of them have very bad reviews
Old 10th August 2015, 13:12   #9372
BHPian

Just ordered "Meguiar's Microfiber Water Magnet Drying Towel" at amazon. Currently there is this big sale going on so got it for Rs. 699/- only with shipping included. Is it a good price? Based on my recent searches I find the deal pretty good.

Note: I am not affiliated to any brand or website. It was a good deal and I felt like sharing.
Thanks.
Old 10th August 2015, 17:37   #9373
Senior - BHPian

Amazon cash back offer is a good opportunity to get some stuff.
My Formula 1 Wash and Wax concentrate got over after 3.5 years now (finally!)

I was satisfied with that product, though it does not probably preserve wax/ sealant coatings.
I am looking for a shampoo which can preseve the sealant or wax I apply.
I also have a bottle of Carpro Reset, but the cleaning power of that shampoo is simply disappointing.

Can someone suggest a couple of effective yet 'easy on the sealant' shampoos?

My cars are cleaned once every two weeks and are parked under a tree.
Old 11th August 2015, 12:22   #9374
BHPian

After my first experience with rotary polisher reported in this post,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post3752334

I had another go with the rotary polisher, this time, with an objective to remove medium swirls and light scratches. This time i used Poorboy's SSR 2.5, followed up by SSR 1 and then final layer of Meguiar's #26. Here are some of the un-edited pics from my mobile camera. Next, i need a good tyre dresser and trim restorer.
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20150808_133752.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20150808_133848.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20150808_133907.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20150808_133919.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-20150808_133926.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-camerazoom20150808223356269.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th August 2015 at 16:21.
BakyaBHP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 13:47   #9375
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Amazon cash back offer is a good opportunity to get some stuff.
My Formula 1 Wash and Wax concentrate got over after 3.5 years now (finally!)

I was satisfied with that product, though it does not probably preserve wax/ sealant coatings.
I am looking for a shampoo which can preseve the sealant or wax I apply.
I also have a bottle of Carpro Reset, but the cleaning power of that shampoo is simply disappointing.

Can someone suggest a couple of effective yet 'easy on the sealant' shampoos?

My cars are cleaned once every two weeks and are parked under a tree.
Shampoos which are easy on sealants
1. Ultima Paint guard wash-UPGW
2. Dodo juice born to be mild.

Both are excellent and have high dilution ratios. UPGW has dilution ratio of approx 1:400 and Dodo Juice BTBM is 1:800 .
Both of them create a mountain of suds which last long
I have BTBM and i would say it is a good one at preserving LSP.
Although there are many online reviews which rave about UPGW also. You cannot go wrong with either of them. Your choice

UPGW is available on eBay and on UltimateDetailerz website
Dodo juice is available on Huten.org. Somehow they do not show it as in stock.Drop a mail to info@huten.org and check with them.

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 11th August 2015 at 13:59.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks