Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2015, 16:40   #9406
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post

Thanks. I really would like one of the broad-blade ones with handle at side. Will settle for the kitchen-type squeegee if I have to. I can probably get the 3m one from local shop: I have had one of their floor squeegees in the bathroom, and it performs better than any rubber one I had previously, and outlasts them too. I was always patching/taping rusted handles before, let alone discarding worn-out rubber.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 14th September 2015 at 16:41.
Old 14th September 2015, 20:12   #9407

Seeking advice for DYI cleaning of Maruti sx4 fabric seats.

Hey brothers,

I own Maruti Suzuki sx4 zxi. I'm having problems with my beige colored fabric seats since I find it hard to clean it. Thought of visiting 3M car care for interior cleaning, but right now I'm very short of vitamin M and thought of cleaning it myself. Saw few YouTube videos, felt motivated, bought a all purpose foam fabric cleaner named Max clean (Orange powered) .

First, did a thorough vacuum cleaning. Then sprayed this foam cleaner and waited for 2 mins. Before cleaning the car, thought I should buy a brush like thing to brush the seats. But I ended up buying shoe polishing brush and instantly regretted when I cleaned the seat with it. The brush started to deteriorate so didn't use it. Picked up a tooth brush (In the YouTube video I saw, the guy did this). I ended up cleaning tough stains, but the overall color of beige color was even darker when I finished cleaning to my horror.

I dont know what I did wrong, but I'm sure that the cleaning didnt go well. Let me just summarize what are the things I did.

1. Vacuumed all the dust
2. Brushed the seats to pickup/clean existing dust and debris.
3. Sprayed the cleaner and waited for 2 mins.
4. The started to brush with the shoe polishing brush.
5. Since it deteriorated, changed it to tooth brush.
6. Then at last, voila, the beige turned even darker than before.
7. Wiped with a new clean dry cloth finally.

So my question is, any suggestions on best fabric seat cleaners? And the cleaning method I did right/wrong? is there any specific procedures?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 15th September 2015 at 14:03. Reason: Posts moved to existing thread. Please SEARCH the forum before creating new threads. Thanks!
Old 15th September 2015, 13:57   #9408
BHPian

Re: Seeking advice for DYI cleaning of Maruti sx4 fabric seats.

I had a similar experience when the MASS did a 3M cleaning/shampooing - I did not notice the stain left behind after the cleaning and was unsure if it was due to something I'd placed on the seat after their 'cleaning'.

I think they best way out would be to put a cover on the seat. (should have done it as a preventive measure, I know )
Old 15th September 2015, 15:08   #9409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxmanju View Post
Of two, I would pick wash and shine anyday.
Any reason why? My Wash and Shine bottle is almost over and i need to buy another one. I was thinking of buying Wash and Wax
Old 16th September 2015, 15:46   #9410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinotys View Post
Hey brothers,

I own Maruti Suzuki sx4 zxi. I'm having problems with my beige colored fabric seats since I find it hard to clean it. Thought of visiting 3M car care for interior cleaning, but right now I'm very short of vitamin M and thought of cleaning it myself. Saw few YouTube videos, felt motivated, bought a all purpose foam fabric cleaner named Max clean (Orange powered) .

First, did a thorough vacuum cleaning. Then sprayed this foam cleaner and waited for 2 mins. Before cleaning the car, thought I should buy a brush like thing to brush the seats. But I ended up buying shoe polishing brush and instantly regretted when I cleaned the seat with it. The brush started to deteriorate so didn't use it. Picked up a tooth brush (In the YouTube video I saw, the guy did this). I ended up cleaning tough stains, but the overall color of beige color was even darker when I finished cleaning to my horror.

I dont know what I did wrong, but I'm sure that the cleaning didnt go well. Let me just summarize what are the things I did.

1. Vacuumed all the dust
2. Brushed the seats to pickup/clean existing dust and debris.
3. Sprayed the cleaner and waited for 2 mins.
4. The started to brush with the shoe polishing brush.
5. Since it deteriorated, changed it to tooth brush.
6. Then at last, voila, the beige turned even darker than before.
7. Wiped with a new clean dry cloth finally.

So my question is, any suggestions on best fabric seat cleaners? And the cleaning method I did right/wrong? is there any specific procedures?

Foam cleaners are liquids and they cause dampness. Check your seats after they are fully dry. I can't think of anything else that's temporary. Hope it returns to the original color. Which foam cleaner did you use? Of the better ones, 3m ones are hard to find, but bardahl is easily available.
Old 16th September 2015, 18:02   #9411

Hello All,

I am facing a rather unusual problem with my front windscreen during rainy season. Recently, I had got a rubbing polish applied on the windscreen due to hard water spots which showed up in large numbers and which made difficult to drive in night. But after applying the rubbing polish, I realized that I have made a blunder. Now during raining reason there is a kind of foggy windshield situation which is making things even more worse to drive in the night.
I think its because of the rubbing polish which I had applied earlier.

Could you please help me to get rid of this problem on my windshield.

Your comments are appreciated.
Rohith99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2015, 15:01   #9412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohith99 View Post
Could you please help me to get rid of this problem on my windshield.

Your comments are appreciated.
You should get your windshield cleaned by using a special windshield abrasive compound (mostly ones containing cerium oxide) and a glass rayon polishing pad. Seek professional help.
Old 3rd October 2015, 15:04   #9413
Senior - BHPian

With the monsoons finally drawing towards closure , targeted this long weekend to get some shine back onto the car.

Today, I targeted wash and decontamination.

Tomorrow, its shall be time for paint correction and protection.
Attached Thumbnails
A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-1443864802730.jpg  

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-1443864822341.jpg  

blackasta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2015, 14:36   #9414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post

Done with paint correction (LC purple foamed wool + carpro fixer), glaze (LC White CCS + poorboys black hole) and sealant (LC Black CCS + Meg's Tech 2 NXT).

Glass area done with Carpro spotless + foam hand pad and finally cleaned with Eagle 1 glass cleaner.

Tires coated with finishkare top kote 108 tire dressing.

The 6 year young beauty is ready for the festive season !!

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20151004_135353.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20151004_135414.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20151004_135433.jpg

A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide-img_20151004_135453.jpg
blackasta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 16:34   #9415
BHPian

Mods: I have a question which has been answered in other threads but they haven't been updated for a while so asking it again here if there is a better solution that those proposed earlier.

There is a nuisance (read under construction building) coming up opposite my house. These guys (putting my thoughts very politely) didn't tell our building folks that painting is going on and as a result at least 15 cars in my building (including mine) have got massive paint spots.

They sent a guy to the building to remove the paint stains with a cloth and they successfully put huge scratches on 1 of the cars. With that not working, they sent a guy to polish this particular car and offered some stupid plastic car covers until the paint work gets completed.

Once the paint is complete, they have offered to send a person to our building to polish the cars but I don't want to undertake this option and want professional help such that my cars don't get messed up.

Any suggestions on the best course of action to properly remove paint spots from cars would be welcome. Please keep in mind that the spots would have been there for 2-3 months before removal.

Thanks!
Old 5th October 2015, 17:09   #9416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
With the monsoons finally drawing towards closure , targeted this long weekend to get some shine back onto the car.

Today, I targeted wash and decontamination.

From the pictures, it seems you have re-painted the front left fender and the front left door. The paint finish has a very minor orange peel.
Old 5th October 2015, 23:08   #9417
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya View Post
From the pictures, it seems you have re-painted the front left fender and the front left door. The paint finish has a very minor orange peel.
Ya pretty much all panels except the bonnet, roof and hatch are repainted due to scratches/fender benders over the years.
Old 7th October 2015, 21:32   #9418
Distinguished - BHPian

Proklear Wash and Wax shampoo review

Since i was hearing a lot of good stuff about proklear products, thought i would try their shampoo. Used it twice and here are the observations.

1.Cleans decently. If the car is mucky then it will not do a good job in the first attempt. Will need two washes if very dirty.
2. Nice smell. Although the smell disappeared once mixed with water.
3. The wax leaves a warm shine which will be evident a couple of hours after the wash. This does not last beyond a couple of days.
4. No dilution ratio mentioned on the bottle which is a bummer. It just says 5 ml in a Bucket of water. How many liters of water ? Go figure! Also 5 ml is way to less to wash the a hatch back like i20. i used 15 ml of shampoo in ten liters of water.

Verdict - An average product. There are definitely better options available. Sonax Gloss shampoo comes to the top of my mind which is the best consumer grade shampoo i have come across till now.

Will i be purchasing it again? No.
Recommended? No.
sagarpadaki is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 12:02   #9419
BHPian

I am planning to begin detailing my car and was ordering some products online. I have a black Skoda Octavia which is more than a year old and has done some 25k + kms.
Currently what I have with me includes:

Jopasu duster
ONR wash and wax
Meguiar's Nxt gen car wash
Meguiar's Ultimate polish
Meguiar's wash mitt
Formula one scratch out
3M microfiber cloth

What I plan to order
Clay- Polyshave
Clay lube?
Wax- Meguiar's nxt gen tech wax 2.0 or Meguiar's black wax or any other?
Poorboys SSR 1,2,2.5 or 3- Which one?
Rotatory polisher- Skil 9080- Please suggest me the pads that I would require in my work?
Do I need a pressure washer too?
Any other compound/ wax/ sealent I should order? Please guide me in simple steps how to work on my car. I have no sort of experience in detaling and will be happy to receive any sort of advice from the team
Old 15th October 2015, 13:31   #9420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
Any other compound/ wax/ sealent I should order? Please guide me in simple steps how to work on my car. I have no sort of experience in detaling and will be happy to receive any sort of advice from the team
collinite 845 please...u will not regret for sure... wash ur car only when required really.
Mission_PGPX is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks