Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2009, 15:50   #406
Senior - BHPian

I had an SF in my car until less than 2 months ago. I would not recommend it... though my experience with it has been better than Exide. What is more, since your car is seldom used, you should consider going in for Pb Ca battery. The self discharge rate is supposed to be much lower with it. That brings you back to Amaron... and I guess also BOSCH.

If price is a factor, you could consider Base Terminal/Panasonic. Definitely better than Exide or SF. BT has 50 (18+32) month warranty with the pro-rata buy back as good as 30% till the end.

Last edited by Raccoon : 19th November 2009 at 15:52.
Old 19th November 2009, 16:22   #407
Senior - BHPian

AMARON running after 5 years without a single issue

I would vote for AMARON, my 2004 Palio is still running on its first battery which is made by AMARON for FIAT. Not even a single issue till date, I use higher wattage bulbs with relays, standard audio and AC regularly.

Now I am expecting a replacement anytime, but it ran its best so not at all worried
Old 19th November 2009, 17:20   #408
Distinguished - BHPian

@MileCruncher, two options if that is the case :

1. Get Panasonic
2. Give this car an old battery from another of your cars. Give that car a new battery.

OT, Reason I suggested Exide / Amaron / Bosch are that 1st 2 were recommended by my SA. And I have Bosch.
Old 19th November 2009, 17:56   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@MileCrucher, feedback for SF Sonic has not been too good : try the parent brand Exide instead. Or Amaron / Bosch.
I vote for Amaron. Had a Amaron battery last 7.5 years.
I read in one of the threads here that SF Sonic has been bought by Exide. Expect good Bye quality.?

Last edited by sudharma : 19th November 2009 at 17:58. Reason: Correction
Old 19th November 2009, 23:21   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudharma View Post
I vote for Amaron. Had a Amaron battery last 7.5 years.
I read in one of the threads here that SF Sonic has been bought by Exide. Expect good Bye quality.?
Don't ever buy SF - had a bad experience with it, threw it out in less than 1 year, not even interested in warranty, who wants another SF even if it is free? Its acid leakage caused so much damage that I had to spent a packet welding on a new battery tray and cowl which had corroded and fallen through.
Old 20th November 2009, 10:57   #411

Battery for Skoda Laura

Which battery you guys recommend for Skoda Laura L&K AT?
Old 20th November 2009, 11:46   #412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Don't ever buy SF - had a bad experience with it, threw it out in less than 1 year, not even interested in warranty, who wants another SF even if it is free? Its acid leakage caused so much damage that I had to spent a packet welding on a new battery tray and cowl which had corroded and fallen through.
Wow, so even their car batteries leak, just like their bike batteries (it ruined my bike)! I'm sure the SFs started puking acid the moment Exide took them over.

Anyways, if I were you, I would definitely at least claim warranty and then sell off the battery...
Old 20th November 2009, 11:50   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Wow, so even their car batteries leak, just like their bike batteries (it ruined my bike)! I'm sure the SFs started puking acid the moment Exide took them over.

Anyways, if I were you, I would definitely at least claim warranty and then sell off the battery...
I simply chucked it out within 12 months and switched over to a Exide battery, too tired to go pick up a fight with SF for a replacement - who wants a replacement anyway!
Old 20th November 2009, 11:56   #414
Senior - BHPian

^^^ From the frying pan to the fire?!?! Well, watch out for leaks from that Exide too, mate!
Old 20th November 2009, 12:00   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
^^^ From the frying pan to the fire?!?! Well, watch out for leaks from that Exide too, mate!
This is my 3rd Exide battery in the Scorpio, experience has been good so far. But only time will tell!
Old 20th November 2009, 12:19   #416
Senior - BHPian

I'm pleased to let everyone know my first day with the new SF battery was good. It was like the first date, still getting to know each other. Will know slowly the equation as the courtship progresses
Old 20th November 2009, 20:20   #417
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I'm pleased to let everyone know my first day with the new SF battery was good. It was like the first date, still getting to know each other. Will know slowly the equation as the courtship progresses
Wish you good luck. My Exides have given better service than SF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
This is my 3rd Exide battery in the Scorpio, experience has been good so far. But only time will tell!
Never had probs with Exide for 20 years. But I am beginning to pay close attention to what has been posted here. I think Exide suffers from inconsistent quality. I have had a close look at Amaron batteries (Thanks Raccoon for pointing me to that pit stop) and the Amaron batteries' case and even the packaging definitely seems to be better than Exides. All in all seems to be a modern product.

My OEM Exide batt is now 13 months old and the infamous 'OEM Exide post warranty self destruct' signal hasnt gone off yet. Fingers crossed.

Cheers!
Old 20th November 2009, 21:36   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
My OEM Exide batt is now 13 months old and the infamous 'OEM Exide post warranty self destruct' signal hasnt gone off yet.
There is no such signal!
The earliest failure I have had with an OEM Exide battery is nearly 38 months! And I'm OLD!!
Read about it here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-brand-25.html
Old 20th November 2009, 21:59   #419

I would say Amazon is good and better.
Old 20th November 2009, 23:34   #420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
(Thanks Raccoon for pointing me to that pit stop) and the Amaron batteries' case and even the packaging definitely seems to be better than Exides. All in all seems to be a modern product.

My OEM Exide batt is now 13 months old and the infamous 'OEM Exide post warranty self destruct' signal hasnt gone off yet. Fingers crossed.
My pleasure. As mentioned before, its not just the packing - Amaron even has more tech. specs. mentioned like CCA, etc. Exide is interestingly silent on this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
There is no such signal!
The earliest failure I have had with an OEM Exide battery is nearly 38 months! And I'm OLD!!
Read about it here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-brand-25.html
The signal is very much there! I personally, and a lot of other people here have testified to that!! Its just that somehow you guys have been luckier. Like R2D2 says, Exide quality seems very inconsistent. I understand you speak from your personal experience and I speak from mine... but tbhp is full of -ve feedback for Exides; compared to ANY other battery.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks