Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2009, 03:20   #481
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
Swift OE Car battery is slowing going kaput. Having starting trouble and needs a push occasionally.

It's about 2.5 years old and has done about 44000 kms so far. Is it the standard life span for the battery?

What could be the best replacement battery for Swift?

I checked for an Exide replacement and they are quoting around 6+ (after discount), need to check with other dealers and vendors. Why is Swift battery so expensive?
My Nov 2008 Swift Zxi has Amaron as OE. Trust the manufacturer in this instance go with Amaron.
Old 28th December 2009, 06:59   #482
BHPian

My personal opinion is that AMARON is the best battery for normal uses in a car. Replaced the Exide battery in my car with AMARON (after the battery started getting discharged if I didi not start the car for 2-3 days on a weekend!!). Now the car starts on half crank. + I have a 4 yr warranty on it.
Old 31st December 2009, 02:18   #483
BHPian

My amaron OEM in Optra Magnum lasted for 20 months only. Now it is giving problems during morning cold start. But i have to say it is starting the vehicle on second crank.

For the last 15 months I'm using a JBL mono (GTO 601.1) with a DVC Polk momo. I have a 3F capacitor too to avoid dimming. Also got the headlight bulbs replaced with 90/100W Hella. Was it the reason for battery fail? I never used the ICE / headlamps when engine was not running.
For BOSH Silver 100AH the dealer quoting 11K after exchange which I feel is really insane. I can better buy 2 batteries with that price.

The OEM battery was a 90AH. Now Im planning to go for 100AH. Do you guys think AMARON pro 100AH can withstand the load ?

Last edited by HotChillyPepper : 31st December 2009 at 02:21.
Old 31st December 2009, 03:40   #484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post
My amaron OEM in Optra Magnum lasted for 20 months only. Now it is giving problems during morning cold start. But i have to say it is starting the vehicle on second crank.

For the last 15 months I'm using a JBL mono (GTO 601.1) with a DVC Polk momo. I have a 3F capacitor too to avoid dimming. Also got the headlight bulbs replaced with 90/100W Hella. Was it the reason for battery fail? I never used the ICE / headlamps when engine was not running.
For BOSH Silver 100AH the dealer quoting 11K after exchange which I feel is really insane. I can better buy 2 batteries with that price.

The OEM battery was a 90AH. Now Im planning to go for 100AH. Do you guys think AMARON pro 100AH can withstand the load ?
Check the total power requirements of your ICE package + bulbs + other things electric and then decide on the battery rating.

On the flip side check what max rating battery can be charged properly by your alternator.

Regarding your OE battery, if after 15 months of overload it still starts your car on second crank in cold weather, I would not rate that as a failure of battery. The fact that it is still in service after being used as a mule only goes on to reconfirm the fact that Amaron is indeed a top notch product.
Old 31st December 2009, 11:37   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Check the total power requirements of your ICE package + bulbs + other things electric and then decide on the battery rating.

On the flip side check what max rating battery can be charged properly by your alternator.

Regarding your OE battery, if after 15 months of overload it still starts your car on second crank in cold weather, I would not rate that as a failure of battery. The fact that it is still in service after being used as a mule only goes on to reconfirm the fact that Amaron is indeed a top notch product.
Thanks for the sugessions khoj.

the alternator is 120A for Magnum, so I believe it can take up 100AH. I will be visiting the Amaron Pitshop today. to do a load test and decide on next actions.
Old 31st December 2009, 14:28   #486
Senior - BHPian

I am using AC delco since Feb 2005 in my 800.So far the battery has not given problems and seems it would mostly last another 8-10 months or even a year.My car is driven only on weekends and is idle for the remaining 5 days.
Old 31st December 2009, 23:21   #487
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
Swift OE Car battery is slowing going kaput. Having starting trouble and needs a push occasionally.

It's about 2.5 years old and has done about 44000 kms so far. Is it the standard life span for the battery?

What could be the best replacement battery for Swift?

I checked for an Exide replacement and they are quoting around 6+ (after discount), need to check with other dealers and vendors. Why is Swift battery so expensive?
6K for a swift battery ? someone is surely taking you for a ride . IS it a diesel swift or a petrol swift ? If it is a petrol one it should cost you only 3 K max
Old 31st December 2009, 23:31   #488
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChillyPepper View Post

The issue here is wether your battery bay will accomodate the higher capacity battery ?
You can buy a normal 2 yr warranty battery for a lot much lesser and even if the current of your alternator is 120AH , the upsize battery charging voltage should be in the range of the older battery charging current .

Also before you stop your car in the nights , just try to idle the car at a little high RPM than idle with all the lights , Music switched off . try to idle atleast for 2 minutes . The next day if the car starts immediately then you do not have a battery problem .

Another thing would be , since yours is a diesel car and has done 20,000 kms ,the self motor might have become weak , try to swap the battery early morning with some other battery and see if the car cranks up the first time .
Old 15th January 2010, 20:40   #489
BHPian

Battery for Scorpio Turbo 2.6

My OEM battery [Amaron] is now 5 yrs old [as the car]. Just wondering I need to change it. Couple of days back I wasn't able to start the car for couple of minutes. Then after switching off the audio and A/C fully, I was able to start it. Hence thinking of changing the battery. Battery is a big suspect since about 6 months back when I checked the battery the gravity was very less.

Since last two days, the car start has been ok, but not sure.

One choice is Amaron - if so which of the Amaron's are suitable and good now? In some of the older posts, I see recommendation for Bosch too. Are they good now? Which one would suit Scorpio from Bosch? Not sure about dealers for Bosch, but would hard search Justdial for the same.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by Jaggu : 15th January 2010 at 21:00. Reason: Please use Search before opening a new thread. Thanks
Old 15th January 2010, 23:45   #490
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by genopv View Post
My OEM battery [Amaron] is now 5 yrs old [as the car]. Just wondering I need to change it. Couple of days back I wasn't able to start the car for couple of minutes. Then after switching off the audio and A/C fully, I was able to start it. Hence thinking of changing the battery. Battery is a big suspect since about 6 months back when I checked the battery the gravity was very less.

Since last two days, the car start has been ok, but not sure.

One choice is Amaron - if so which of the Amaron's are suitable and good now? In some of the older posts, I see recommendation for Bosch too. Are they good now? Which one would suit Scorpio from Bosch? Not sure about dealers for Bosch, but would hard search Justdial for the same.

Thanks for the help!
I would recommend you to stick to Amaron;please check your manual for teh Ah capacity - or consult the application chart at the battery dealer
Old 18th January 2010, 19:03   #491
BHPian

Guys, I have a serious doubt here.

Yesterday I tried to start the car (after a week) and It dint start. Called up hyundai hotline and made him hear the sound (sounds like kat kat kat from the starter). He confirmed that the battery has drained out for sure. I have no idea how did that happen.
So i took it to a local garage to get it charged. Came back after 6 hours by that that time the battery was charged.
The issue was, the guy in the garage in the shop told that this battery is not for Hyundai Accent !! i was shocked. He told that the 1st two numbers should start with 52 (check out the pic).This is of lower specification.

Now i have no clue what ever he said was true. So if there is any distill water head (like petrol head he he he ) who can answer this query?
Car - Hyundai Accent petrol.

And also if it normal for a 3 year old battery to show its age so soon?

Which is the Best Car Battery Brand?-170120101107.jpg

Which is the Best Car Battery Brand?-170120101108.jpg
Old 18th January 2010, 19:33   #492
BHPian

@ livyodream: Your current panasonic battery is 45 Ah while accent petrol need 55 Ah battery. This is what they mean by saying 52 instead of 46. Since its lower capacity than needed, in 3 years it will definately show sign of aging.

Last edited by Hashim : 18th January 2010 at 19:38.
Old 18th January 2010, 19:52   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashim View Post
@ livyodream: Your current panasonic battery is 45 Ah while accent petrol need 55 Ah battery. This is what they mean by saying 52 instead of 46. Since its lower capacity than needed, in 3 years it will definately show sign of aging.
Man, ive been cheated then. how is anyone (people like me) supposed to know this btw?

And also i have made the ICE wiring direct so that the the HU does not restart when i start the car (at traffic signals). May be this is also one of the reason.

If I have to change the battery now, the only thing im supposed to look out id the number 55 right?

Any brand which is preferred in this case? any idea about the cost?
Old 18th January 2010, 23:12   #494
BHPian

No the model number may not always represent Ah rating of battery, like your panasonic is 46BXX and its 45Ah, you can see its written on the battery top 45Ah just below 12V, for other brands it written on sides of the battery.

Anyway as most people recommend Amaron here and I found their batteries good too, just go to any Auth. Amaron dealer and they have a big chart where Car name and the Amaron battery model number is printed. They will give you the right battery. Also to make sure you get the correct battery, you can check Ah rating on the battery. Any brand you buy, just make sure this time that its 55 Ah. Ask dealer to show you the Ah rating.

And your ICE wiring direct? you mean you have directly connected to the battery? Nooo please remove it and connect to Acc. point of ignition switch else you will face battery problems.

Last edited by Hashim : 18th January 2010 at 23:23.
Old 19th January 2010, 01:19   #495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
Man, ive been cheated then. how is anyone (people like me) supposed to know this btw?

And also i have made the ICE wiring direct so that the the HU does not restart when i start the car (at traffic signals). May be this is also one of the reason.

If I have to change the battery now, the only thing im supposed to look out id the number 55 right?

Any brand which is preferred in this case? any idea about the cost?
Dude, while Amaron is good, you can also consider another Panasonic (even Base Terminal). In fact you might be able to claim pro-rata warranty for your Panasonic battery. Can't recall about Panasonic branded batts, but BTs have something like 50 month warranty where you can buy a new BT at 30% discount. If you can get this, IMO, this will be your best option.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks