Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2010, 17:40   #496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashim View Post
No the model number may not always represent Ah rating of battery, like your panasonic is 46BXX and its 45Ah, you can see its written on the battery top 45Ah just below 12V, for other brands it written on sides of the battery.

Anyway as most people recommend Amaron here and I found their batteries good too, just go to any Auth. Amaron dealer and they have a big chart where Car name and the Amaron battery model number is printed. They will give you the right battery. Also to make sure you get the correct battery, you can check Ah rating on the battery. Any brand you buy, just make sure this time that its 55 Ah. Ask dealer to show you the Ah rating.

And your ICE wiring direct? you mean you have directly connected to the battery? Nooo please remove it and connect to Acc. point of ignition switch else you will face battery problems.

Point noted.

will there be a problem it the music system connected direct? I hate when the HU restarts when the car is restarted (which is frequent in traffic signals). Have got proper wiring and fuses etc, and also i don't keep it running for hours together. Will there be a problem ?
Old 19th January 2010, 17:42   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Dude, while Amaron is good, you can also consider another Panasonic (even Base Terminal). In fact you might be able to claim pro-rata warranty for your Panasonic battery. Can't recall about Panasonic branded batts, but BTs have something like 50 month warranty where you can buy a new BT at 30% discount. If you can get this, IMO, this will be your best option.
Pro-rata ? care to explain ??
Old 19th January 2010, 18:01   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
Pro-rata ? care to explain ??
Pro-rata is like this.

Say the waranty is 36months. Of this 18 months is Guarantee (Replacement will be given) and next 18 months will be cashback discount on the replacement.
Eg. if battery goes Kaput in 19-22months 80% of the cost will be borne by company and rest by the user.
23-26 60% Company, 20$ customer.
and so on.
The discount will be on the MRP of same or similar type of battery you currently hold.
Old 19th January 2010, 18:07   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
Point noted.

will there be a problem it the music system connected direct? I hate when the HU restarts when the car is restarted (which is frequent in traffic signals). Have got proper wiring and fuses etc, and also i don't keep it running for hours together. Will there be a problem ?
Can you elaborate the problem regarding the HU Restart. How does that bother you? Most HU are capable of resuming the songs from where it was when the car was not started. Yes agreed there is a couple of seconds delay but I think we can live with that.
Old 19th January 2010, 18:09   #500
BHPian

Irresepective of Car or any other device, I would rate Amaron as the best.

I have used various brands including Exide for my car, scooter, Apartment Genset and Amaron has performed tangibly well in all the above cases. I havent had a single starting issue with my heavy load Generator at my apartment which had constant starting problems with Exide. Their prices are also competetive.
Old 19th January 2010, 18:55   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achopraa View Post
Can you elaborate the problem regarding the HU Restart. How does that bother you? Most HU are capable of resuming the songs from where it was when the car was not started. Yes agreed there is a couple of seconds delay but I think we can live with that.
Yes, it resumes. What irritates me is the HU switching off and switching on when we start the car. Imagine in a city like BLR where you have a traffic signal every 200 mtrs, every 5 minutes we turn off/on the car which is why I got it directly connected to the battery.
Old 19th January 2010, 19:46   #502
Team-BHP Support

5.30 pm Skoda refuses to start after one week of standing - 5 yr old Exide given up ghost. Barely starts with a Getz jump start

6.30 PM - enquire with Amaron who double check rating etc for car. mention that I can either replace battery today or later in week as I am busy tomm.

6.40 Pm - Call on exact location and commitment to be there by 7.30 PM

7.15 Pm - Battery replaced.

Thats what I call service
Old 19th January 2010, 21:51   #503
BHPian

Attaching one or two Electrolytic capacitor (in parallel) of value about 4700 MFD can fix problem of restarting HU whenever starting the car. But I am yet to experiment this as I too face this problem.

Fixing HU wires directly to battery is big no also from safety point of view.

+1 to ajmat, I have too seen very prompt and professional service from them for my friends Zen which has Amaron battery.
Old 19th January 2010, 21:56   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
5.30 pm Skoda refuses to start after one week of standing - 5 yr old Exide given up ghost. Barely starts with a Getz jump start

6.30 PM - enquire with Amaron who double check rating etc for car. mention that I can either replace battery today or later in week as I am busy tomm.

6.40 Pm - Call on exact location and commitment to be there by 7.30 PM

7.15 Pm - Battery replaced.

Thats what I call service
@ajmat, please share details related to which variant you opted(Go/Pro/??), the cost involved and what was the buy back value of your old battery.

Just to add, here in Delhi, when I enquired from a Amaron Dealer regarding the prices, they quoted me prices which was around 400 more than what other battery dealers were quoting.
Old 20th January 2010, 15:53   #505
Senior - BHPian

There is no issue if you wire the head unit directly to battery.just use proper wire gauge and fuse(10amp will do). dont forget to switch it off manully everytime you leave the car,else you end up with a dead battery.
that value of capacitor dosent have enough juice to keep the head unit alive.

Last edited by gigy : 20th January 2010 at 15:54.
Old 20th January 2010, 16:50   #506
Senior - BHPian

Initially Exide was useless, then off-late I again tried it. The battery served 24 months on Indica, the battery was replaced and then again 24 months. The warranty every time is 18 months. I do not however understand why does battery go exactly in 24 months while in Honda it is still live since 3.5 years?

Also I experienced that Xenos car safety equipment used to drain battery, once the battery was almost dead while I was plying on the highway, I was baffled and did not know what to do? Just a while ago everything was working perfectly. I tried to see what was wrong at the terminal, all was ok. When nothing worked, I just pulled the Xenos equipment cable and to my utter disbelief the car cranked just perfect and the battery check revealed nothing was wrong. I got the wiring checked with the installer of Xenos and can you beat that one wire got chipped and touched the body. My car was a big capacitor. Thus, if someone thinks their battery is not performing or dies early, get your wiring checked.

Till date, I think Exide has been worthy companion to both Indica and CityZx. Rest Amaron is also good (buyback is also good). For bikes SF was good one.
Old 20th January 2010, 17:34   #507
Senior - BHPian

but how it became a capacitor? and why did the fuse not blow
Old 20th January 2010, 17:49   #508
Senior - BHPian

@gigy: All the battery juice was sapped by the car body thats what I can think of. The after the disconnected wiring the battery is perfect and going strong after 6 months now. Fuse, I do not know why did it not go off and seriously the most interesting factor was that the car was running in slow moving traffic just after I hit NH8 from Delhi to Gurgaon.

The car was started by pushing by two men with tata 407 Guess would have been stranded if it was not for the helpers. And the traffic is chaotic at best during peak hours.
Old 22nd January 2010, 12:07   #509
BHPian

picked a Ac Delco (GM motors) battery 60 series 45 AH battarye for 3500 - 400 for old battery for my lancer after my 3 and half year old amaron started acting funny.

how is the feedback on AC delco batteries???
Old 22nd January 2010, 12:21   #510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadf00t View Post
picked a Ac Delco (GM motors) battery 60 series 45 AH battarye for 3500 - 400 for old battery for my lancer after my 3 and half year old amaron started acting funny.

how is the feedback on AC delco batteries???
Good battery, Had one in my OHC, basically it is a private labelled product by Amar Raja for GM.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks