Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2009, 09:43   #466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
@sharma_sanjeevi
Yes I am in Navi Mumbai, presently in Delhi. If you are buying Amaron in Navi Mumbai, you will get better prices from the dealer in Nerul than the one on Palm beach road sector 19 Vashi. The Nerul dealer is located behind the Indian Oil petrol pump next to the auto accessories shops on Nerul main road in front of DY Patil college. Bhasin Batteries located on the redlight junction of the Vashi Turbhe road and the straight road coming from the Sanpada station towards APMC market (right hand side just before the signal as you come from Sanpada) stocks Delco and has Amaron dealership in Andheri. He gives some interesting prices for Amaron based on stocks available with him at Andheri. In fact he was the only dealer across Bombay that has 'QUANTA' in stock which is a very high end battery made by Amaron for UPS usage.
Thanks Buddy, for the extensive information i will check out with the Andheri Dealer as my office is in Andher itself.
Old 3rd December 2009, 11:22   #467
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys,

I drive Ikon for which I have not changed teh battery since I bough the vehicle (Oct-04). Now, I think I have to replace the battery as it is giving problems from past couple of months. Currently I have Exide (OE fitment). My query is:

1) Which is good battery for Ikon in order of preferences 1st/2nd/3rd?
2) What would be the cost in Bangalore and where to buy?
3) Will they exchange my current battery and what is the price I can expect?
4) What are the things to negotiate with the dealer?
Old 3rd December 2009, 13:10   #468
Senior - BHPian

Answers in Bold below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Hey guys,

I drive Ikon for which I have not changed teh battery since I bough the vehicle (Oct-04). Now, I think I have to replace the battery as it is giving problems from past couple of months. Currently I have Exide (OE fitment). My query is:

1) Which is good battery for Ikon in order of preferences 1st/2nd/3rd? Amaron/Exide
3) Will they exchange my current battery and what is the price I can expect? Everybody takes an exchange
4) What are the things to negotiate with the dealer? Except Price Nothing
Btw model is your battery?
Old 3rd December 2009, 15:16   #469
BHPian

Price negotiation can be as high as ~20% of the MRP. I got a good discount on Amaron and was being offered similar discounts on Exide as well. Try the battery dealer on Airport Road - 98451 81465. The amaron service is very good - they come home and take your battery for charging even if you're responsible for discharging it Dont know about Exide though. On Mico Bosch, I had found out that you get a good discount if you go to the factory (somewhere in Bangalore itself) and pick it up. Hope the info helps. Most important thing in a battery is the replacement warranty and the on site service.
Cheers,
Harsha

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Hey guys,

1) Which is good battery for Ikon in order of preferences 1st/2nd/3rd?
3) Will they exchange my current battery and what is the price I can expect?
4) What are the things to negotiate with the dealer?
Old 12th December 2009, 23:55   #470
BHPian

Swift OE Car battery is slowing going kaput. Having starting trouble and needs a push occasionally.

It's about 2.5 years old and has done about 44000 kms so far. Is it the standard life span for the battery?

What could be the best replacement battery for Swift?

I checked for an Exide replacement and they are quoting around 6+ (after discount), need to check with other dealers and vendors. Why is Swift battery so expensive?
Old 13th December 2009, 00:15   #471
Senior - BHPian

^^^No, it isn't. Batteries often go for about twice as long or sometimes even a bit more than that. Depends on the battery quality and your pattern of use and maintenance.

For recommendations, you should go thru the battery related threads. In short, Amaron is a fav on tbhp. BOSCH and Base Terminal/Panasonic are the only other two worthy of consideration. Check out which deal catches your fancy. Tata Green is too new to comment on.
Old 13th December 2009, 05:30   #472
BHPian

Avoid Exide! Amaron is good.
Old 13th December 2009, 06:44   #473
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
ikoneer : I checked for an Exide replacement and they are quoting around 6+ (after discount), need to check with other dealers and vendors. Why is Swift battery so expensive?
@Ikoneer, dealer is possibly quoting for higher model. Make sure the dealer is quoting for the exact replacement and not a higher model. Ref the model num on your current battery, and when you are talking to the dealer, ask him to show the model he is quoting for.

@SNaronikar, how did your replacement go ? Which make / model, price ?
Old 13th December 2009, 08:13   #474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
I checked for an Exide replacement and they are quoting around 6+ (after discount), need to check with other dealers and vendors. Why is Swift battery so expensive?
Is yours a diesel. Diesel batteries are slightly higher speced than their petrol counterpart as more power is required to start them.
Old 13th December 2009, 10:09   #475
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon
^^^No, it isn't. Batteries often go for about twice as long or sometimes even a bit more than that. Depends on the battery quality and your pattern of use and maintenance.
I would differ with you. The life of a auto battery depends on the number of charge/discharge cycles and all the other factors are secondary !
Old 13th December 2009, 12:07   #476
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Charge/discharge cycles?? But auto batts are anyway ment for shallow charge/discharge cycles. Now if you use it this way, it should last a very long time (ie. pattern of usage). And if the battery quality isn't great shakes, like Exide, it will fail soon anyway (personal experience). What you are saying holds more true for NiCd batts, etc...
Old 14th December 2009, 12:41   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Ikoneer, dealer is possibly quoting for higher model. Make sure the dealer is quoting for the exact replacement and not a higher model
Yes, will check that.

Would it hurt to go for a higher spec or is there any advantage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Is yours a diesel. Diesel batteries are slightly higher speced than their petrol counterpart as more power is required to start them.
Bingo, it is a diesel.

Will the usage of music system when the car is idle reduce the battery life significantly.
Old 14th December 2009, 14:14   #478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Will the usage of music system when the car is idle reduce the battery life significantly.
More than music system it is the lights that drain the battery more. Also while in Idle Alternator would be working to charge the battery so there should not be any issues. You may want to check the effectiveness of the alternator in charging the batteries.
Old 14th December 2009, 14:56   #479
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
ikoneer : Would it hurt to go for a higher spec or is there any advantage?
The battery & the alternator capacities are matched during vehicle design. A higher capacity battery may not get charged sufficiently well by a lower spec alternator.

At the most, go for a 5 AH increase - if you cant avoid it.

eg: if your current battery is 45Ah, and the brand you now want only has 50Ah, it should be ok. But dont let the difference go too high.
Old 14th December 2009, 15:17   #480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Bingo, it is a diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
More than music system it is the lights that drain the battery more. Also while in Idle Alternator would be working to charge the battery so there should not be any issues. You may want to check the effectiveness of the alternator in charging the batteries.
Battery life won't be reduced by playing regular gadgets unless you have lots of heavy lights and a heavy music system with amp and sub woofer. Those definitely drain your battery.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks