Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2011, 13:07   #616
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Which is the Best Car Battery Brand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukderebail View Post
I was perplexed that there is no guarantee given by the manufacturer for a new car. I mean the OEM warranty should apply, normally exide used to give 3 years warranty for their regular batteries. AMRON is a good battery too. AMCO Batteries is now down i suppose. Any idea of Standard Furakuwa
I was told the SF that comes in Maruti is having a 1 year warranty. Could be the same with other cars also ?
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2011, 13:14   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I was told the SF that comes in Maruti is having a 1 year warranty. Could be the same with other cars also ?

Yes you are right they are giving 1 year warranty, but what is being sold in the market place is carrying 3 years warranty by Exide, why is Maruti not passing on the same to the consumer ?
Old 3rd June 2011, 15:49   #618
Distinguished - BHPian

OEM batteries are built to a price and not of as good quality like their after market counterparts. They are not designed to last which is why you find OEM batteries failing much earlier in their lifecycle than their aftermarket counterparts.

I have even seen OEM battery cases thin enough to be pressed inwards.

Remember you are actually paying for a longer warranty that differs from model to model albeit of the same AH capacity.

Some car mfrs provide 6-12 months warranties with the OEM batteries that are generally sourced from Exide or Amaron. Fords come with Motorcraft and GM cars with AC-Delco.

Cheers!
Old 3rd June 2011, 16:54   #619
Senior - BHPian

ukderebail, SF was taken over by Exide long ago. So it may be right to say its just another label on the same/similar battery. Hence I would avoid it. Amco used to be good once upon a time. Not anymore. The 2 wheeler batts are the worst... they leak and damage everything around it. Very poor quality stuff. All these 3 names are worth avoiding.
Old 17th July 2011, 00:01   #620
Senior - BHPian

My SF Powerbox 600 lasted for 5 years and 3 months on my Sparingly used Padmini which has esteem's alternator fitted on it.

Just got Exide Xpress 700 for rs 4500 ( After exchange ) fitted.
It has 18 months replacement warranty and total warranty is 24.

Guess its time to get the alternator and the starter serviced to ensure this one stays healthy.
Old 17th July 2011, 00:11   #621
BHPian

Amaron anyday! I have had such horrible experiences with Exide! I once bought an exide for my car and after 5 days time, the car would just not start. I called them and they came to my home to check the battery. They tell me "Sir, your battery is completely dead". Just 5 days and the battery dead!!
They gave me another new one under warrant but that lasted for only 3 months after which it became dead again! I got frustrated and let my money go and bought an Amaron instead. Never had a problem with it since then! (4 years)

A similar incident occurred with my friend whose car refused to start after a month due to a completely dead battery. His next exide lasted him 7 months only.
Old 7th October 2011, 13:44   #622
BHPian

Need to buy a new maintenance free battery for my 02 Santro.

Please suggest a good battery and a reliable dealer to buy it from, in Bangalore. Will get it changed tomorrow, need suggestions before that.

Thanks.
Old 17th October 2011, 19:03   #623
BHPian

Hi My Optra's AC Delco battery is FEB 2005 make and still cranking till date, some times i feel the self is running slow, but not sure. Should i change it before it gives trouble?

Also my Hyundai Getz 1.1 needs replacement, its some AMCO brand, i think its 3rd time going dead, Going buy the prices looks like i have to shed 5k+ for each battery. 2 years back i bought Amaron for my zen for around 4k. Suggessions please, Exide for optra MRP is almost 9k
Old 18th October 2011, 19:41   #624
BHPian

I would recommend you go with Amron Batteries since they are into UPS battery business for a long time. Invertor too is in the same field. You can safely bet on their performance, and after sales back too is good.
Old 19th October 2011, 15:28   #625
BHPian

Amaron is good! Purchased a Amaron for my I 10 last week for Rs.4300/-
Old 19th October 2011, 16:00   #626
Senior - BHPian

Yes Amara Raja batteries are good! go for it!
Old 19th October 2011, 16:50   #627
Senior - BHPian

I have been with Exide and it has worked well for me. My OEM Exide (Elantra GLS) lasted 5.5years and was replaced with an Exide Matrix sealed battery.
Old 19th October 2011, 22:58   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish82 View Post
Hi My Optra's AC Delco battery is FEB 2005 make and still cranking till date, some times i feel the self is running slow, but not sure. Should i change it before it gives trouble?

Also my Hyundai Getz 1.1 needs replacement, its some AMCO brand, i think its 3rd time going dead, Going buy the prices looks like i have to shed 5k+ for each battery. 2 years back i bought Amaron for my zen for around 4k. Suggessions please, Exide for optra MRP is almost 9k
I got Amaron Battery for my Getz 1.1 yesterday. Dont have the model no handy but it is DIN 44 model and fits right in the Getz bay. The MRP written is Rs5800, i got it for Rs 4800 after exchange of the outgoing battery.

Model purchased: Amaron FLO - Zero Maintainence
Warranty: 2 + 2 years

i had inquired in other shops before buying, One Amaron dealer had no clue of what model should go in for getz and he quoted a price of 5700, other Exide dealer was quoting 6000 for getz. But i think both the guys were not sure about exact model, and in Exide shop when i inquired about Optra battery they said MRP is 9000 +

Finally a small shop who normally use to charge my older battery when dead seemed to be an Amaron service person and he gave me these prices for exact battery for my cars:

Getz: Rs 4800 FLO
Optra: Rs 5600 PRO (yet to buy this) dont know how Exide quotes 9k, i heard diesel car battery costs more, may be they were quoting price for diesel car models. In short there are some ladies that are made to sit in the battery dealer shop who have no idea of what battery should go in what car, unless it is a sumo, innova or indica.!

Last edited by krish82 : 19th October 2011 at 23:03.
Old 26th November 2011, 10:04   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
I guess maybe we should have a poll regarding this, rather than arguing this point.
Dear Moderators: By public demand, please conduct a poll on the best battery before we BHPians get confused.
I am also looking for a new battery for my Alto and I am thoroughly zapped.
For the vote: EXIDE gets thumbs up from me

Last edited by KkVaidya : 26th November 2011 at 10:12. Reason: to catch attention of the addresse
Old 26th November 2011, 21:20   #630
BHPian

My Exide battery failed completely after 2.5 years of usage and continuous about 15 days of non-usage.

Installed Tata battery for about Rs. 4700.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks