Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2009, 22:12   #451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
Was Amaron all the way for me but thats a sore point.How old is your battery?Since your Bolero is new that may be not more than a year old??
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
If your's is a new vehicle,i guess you could ask for a replacement,citing leakage as the reason?
Have already informed and will get a replacement under warranty. The vehicle is a 6.8 months old.

But my point is across the board all manufacturers are making slightly substandard batteries for OEM. May be it is do with price that they get.
Old 30th November 2009, 00:51   #452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
My take on OEM batteries is proving correct. While checking the engine bay of my Bolero, found acid marks on the battery tray. Seems that the OEM Amaron is leaking.
Are you sure the electrolyte is not above the max mark? Is it leaking from the filler caps?
Old 30th November 2009, 15:16   #453
BHPian

Hey guys, i enquired for a battery for my M-800, i am inclined towards the Exide-Matrix, it is costing me Rs. 3600/- after giving the old battery, 2.5 Years Guarantee & 2.5 Years Warranty. Also the Exide dealer is on a walkable distance from my house.

What say ? any suggestions.

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 30th November 2009 at 15:18.
Old 30th November 2009, 15:35   #454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
Hey guys, i enquired for a battery for my M-800, i am inclined towards the Exide-Matrix, it is costing me Rs. 3600/- after giving the old battery, 2.5 Years Guarantee & 2.5 Years Warranty. Also the Exide dealer is on a walkable distance from my house.

You can go for either Exide or Amaron. But somehow the price seems to be high. My wife had changed the battery in her M800 and had got Amaron on 18 month warranty for Rs 3000/-.

@ Racoon: The electrolyte level is below the maximum. As a matter of fact I or service station has never added distilled water into the battery. I'll check for a week and it continues leaking then go for a change.

Last edited by MileCruncher : 30th November 2009 at 15:37.
Old 30th November 2009, 15:36   #455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Jacs,

If you buy Bosch or Delco for that matter you will still get Amaron, as they manufacture for both brands and label them accordingly.
Thanks for the info Khoj. Then I can stick to the proven "Amaron".
Old 30th November 2009, 15:43   #456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The price is pretty high. You could get a Base Terminal for MUCH less, with 50 month warranty. Some models of Amaron will also be cheaper.
Old 30th November 2009, 15:49   #457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Hi All,

Yesterday got my Palio back from regular service, glad to know my 5.5 year old stalk batery is still healthy. My curiosity made me enquire the price of new battery in TATA motors, they quoted 7K . DIN 50 is that costly? My first preference is Amaron if not Bosch, any update on the latest prices .
Hi All,

My dad checked Amaron prices in Kerala and it seems to be almost 1K less compared to Bangalore (DIN45 - 5150 and DIN 55 - 5950) with 2 year replacement + 2 year maintenence warranty. It seems to be a good bet, but not sure whether it affects the service in Bangalore incase of any issues.
Old 30th November 2009, 16:44   #458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
You can go for either Exide or Amaron. But somehow the price seems to be high. My wife had changed the battery in her M800 and had got Amaron on 18 month warranty for Rs 3000/-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
The price is pretty high. You could get a Base Terminal for MUCH less, with 50 month warranty. Some models of Amaron will also be cheaper.
Thanks for the reply guys, i enquired the same Battery make from another dealer he quoted Rs.3800/- with the old battery.

As you guys suggested, i will look out for the above mentioned brands in your posts, and also try to negotiate on the price for the Exide Matrix.
Old 1st December 2009, 01:26   #459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Hi All,

My dad checked Amaron prices in Kerala and it seems to be almost 1K less compared to Bangalore (DIN45 - 5150 and DIN 55 - 5950) with 2 year replacement + 2 year maintenence warranty. It seems to be a good bet, but not sure whether it affects the service in Bangalore incase of any issues.
Go ahead and buy it in Timbuktu as long as it is a part of India, there will be no issues regarding warranty coverage. Cars are auto-mobiles, mobile being of the essence here.

Just ensure that the shop you buy from is an authorized dealer of the company and see to it that you have a bill and your warranty card is duly stamped, signed along with the name of the signatory clearly spelt out(should preferably be the owner of the dealership and not some temp. employee) and that the manufacturer's counterfoil is sent back to the given address. Normally it is self addressed and postage paid so you can do it on your own too. Retain your copy and you are in good shape.

Prices for batteries vary from sate to state and infact city to city within the same state. There are various factors such as sales tax rates, Octroi, freight etc and these days demand from the inverter sector can drive prices up or down depending on the availability and frequency of power cuts.
Old 1st December 2009, 01:40   #460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Amaron and Base Terminal are not in the same league. IMHO the ranking would be 1. Amaron; 2. Exide(selected top of the line models); 3. Base Terminal.
Old 1st December 2009, 09:33   #461
BHPian

@Raccoon & Milcruncher,

After negotiating & pestering yesterday evening, the Exide Dealer has come down Rs.3200/- for the Exide Matrix 5 Year Warranty , as i am his old customer, i took the liberty to eat his head.

Now it seems to be a good bet, what say ?

Quote:
Amaron and Base Terminal are not in the same league. IMHO the ranking would be 1. Amaron; 2. Exide(selected top of the line models); 3. Base Terminal.
Khoj, where are you in Navi Mumbai ?
Old 1st December 2009, 14:08   #462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And this ranking is by who; or based on what parameter? I and some people I know have had good experiences with both Amaron and Base Terminal/Panasonic. I believe both offer a good deal... with Base Terminal having the advantage of usually being cheaper. I'd say all the major batteries are good except Exide and Amco. As long as you avoid these two villains, you can't go terribly wrong.

Quote:
@Raccoon & Milcruncher,

After negotiating & pestering yesterday evening, the Exide Dealer has come down Rs.3200/- for the Exide Matrix 5 Year Warranty , as i am his old customer, i took the liberty to eat his head.

Now it seems to be a good bet, what say ?
Dude, my hatred of Exide and its awful quality (based on multiple experiences) is almost legend (mentioned in many earlier threads). So its better I don't say anything more...
Old 1st December 2009, 14:19   #463
BHPian

Quote:
Dude, my hatred of Exide and its awful quality (based on multiple experiences) is almost legend (mentioned in many earlier threads). So its better I don't say anything more...
Ok dear, then i will go for Amaron right away, thanks for the valuable inputs
Old 1st December 2009, 18:27   #464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok dear, then i will go for Amaron right away, thanks for the valuable inputs
I don't share Racoon's hatred for all things Exide But I would suggest Amaron as well because it is cheap.
Old 1st December 2009, 21:19   #465
Senior - BHPian

@sharma_sanjeevi
Yes I am in Navi Mumbai, presently in Delhi. If you are buying Amaron in Navi Mumbai, you will get better prices from the dealer in Nerul than the one on Palm beach road sector 19 Vashi. The Nerul dealer is located behind the Indian Oil petrol pump next to the auto accessories shops on Nerul main road in front of DY Patil college. Bhasin Batteries located on the redlight junction of the Vashi Turbhe road and the straight road coming from the Sanpada station towards APMC market (right hand side just before the signal as you come from Sanpada) stocks Delco and has Amaron dealership in Andheri. He gives some interesting prices for Amaron based on stocks available with him at Andheri. In fact he was the only dealer across Bombay that has 'QUANTA' in stock which is a very high end battery made by Amaron for UPS usage.

@Racoon.
The ranking is obviously by me, based on my experience as a user of all the three brands and inputs on experiences my circle of friends and relatives have had with these makes. Exide has had their behind kicked by Amaron and then again by Tata green and now they are trying to make amends. Their products since the last year are a major improvement over what they were churning out before.

Last edited by khoj : 1st December 2009 at 21:22. Reason: additional information

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks