Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2014, 23:33   #61
Team-BHP Support

re: VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread

Jetta owners, mirrors auto-folding while locking/unlocking the car using the keyfob seems to be requiring advanced door controllers and not just VCDS tweaks. I recall Amar mentioning that he spotted it in a test drive Jetta but will require reconfirmation if the mirrors auto-folded using the keyfob and not the knob at the driver's side.

Here's a DIY thread from VWVortex showing a member doing the installation on a Golf VI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
I don't get telephone and radio with the factory-installed RCD320 music system. Perhaps both robimahanta and newtonMeter have RCD510, and which is why this stuff shows up.
They do have the RCD 510 HU installed but besides that, you have to enable the telephone, radio, navigation etc. from CAN Gateway > Installation List. Then these options show up under the Control Modules.

On a Polo or Vento with the basic equipment, the number of options within the Control modules would be limited. OTOH, on the Jetta the VCDS had several control modules and it was like this:

VCDS (Vag-Com Diagnostic System) for VW & Skoda - Discussion Thread-vcds-jetta.jpg

Quote:
Second, I guess for the same reason, I can't activate/change the setting of the voice control button on the steering.
Nope. Did you check step no. 3 from post #55 above? I've laid out the steps for enabling PTT for the mute button. Carefully go through each byte under the Long Coding helper.

Quote:
Thirdly, as per newtonMeter's post, I can't activate emergency flashing for the rear lights. The option shows but it says it's not available.
Check again under Central Electronics > Long Coding Helper. It must be in one of the bytes. I had enabled it for my Polo, a Vento and a Jetta. The emergency blinkers for hazard lights were active by default. We had to enable it for the brake lights.

Quote:
The coming home/leaving home option shows along with a 15 second activation interval but nothing happens.
CH/LH lights will not work for stock Polo/Vento cars. Requires a different BCM AFAIK. Polos with the bixenons sold abroad have an advanced BCM and supports this option thus.

I thought cornering lights via fog lights would work with the current Polo models (pre-2014 facelift models) but it won't. The options are available and they can be enabled with VCDS returning Coding Accepted but they won't work. Perhaps the new Polo has a different BCM. Will check that out at the showroom later.
Gannu_1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 11:54   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Jetta owners, mirrors auto-folding while locking/unlocking the car using the key fob seems to be requiring advanced door controllers and not just VCDS tweaks. I recall Amar mentioning that he spotted it in a test drive Jetta but will require reconfirmation if the mirrors auto-folded using the keyfob and not the knob at the driver's side.
It wasn't on a test drive car. It was in 2011, a Moonlight silver color Highline AT. It was parked in the left side basement of the showroom. It was a customer's car ready for delivery. The SE let me checkout the car that day. I refused to sit inside as it was a customers car. I remember asking him what all features the car had etc. While leaving from the cellar i notice the SE locking the car and the mirrors have folded in (auto fold) i still remember asking him and he said yes they turn automatically. I hope all of this was not in my dream. I have a friend with me that day, when i ask him about this he has to say " Jetta's come with Auto fold mirrors don't they?". For the recent cars i believe this has been removed. I wonder how much would the equipment cost, adding projectors and ACC made them remove it i guess.

Last edited by Amarendranath : 23rd August 2014 at 11:57.
Old 23rd August 2014, 16:57   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
They do have the RCD 510 HU installed but besides that, you have to enable the telephone, radio, navigation etc. from CAN Gateway > Installation List. Then these options show up under the Control Modules.

On a Polo or Vento with the basic equipment, the number of options within the Control modules would be limited. OTOH, on the Jetta the VCDS had several control modules and it was like this:

Nope. Did you check step no. 3 from post #55 above? I've laid out the steps for enabling PTT for the mute button. Carefully go through each byte under the Long Coding helper.

Check again under Central Electronics > Long Coding Helper. It must be in one of the bytes. I had enabled it for my Polo, a Vento and a Jetta. The emergency blinkers for hazard lights were active by default. We had to enable it for the brake lights.
Gannu_1, thank you for your help and awesome tutorial. Using your advice I went into the `long coding helper' option under the electronics module and activated tear wiping, flashing brake lights and push-to-talk. I'd already changed comfort lane change indicators and acoustic open/close options from the adaptations menu earlier.

I haven't tested tear wiping (car had just been washed so didn't want to spray the windshield) and flashing brakes (will require a hazard braking situation, I presume) yet. But I did test PTT. It didn't really work, possibly because of the lousy voice recognition in my phone, so deactivated that. I also activated cornering lights but as you said it didn't do anything, so switched it off. Didn't bother with coming home/leaving home settings as you said they won't work with the Polo/Vento.

I'm curious about a few things. Where did you find the option for rear parking sensor sound. I didn't find that, so couldn't tinker with the sound. And there is a wiper setting for speed-sensitive wiping. I wonder if that will work in the Vento? I also couldn't find an option for cluster staging - I wanted to give it a shot to see if it works with the stock cluster because some people say their new cars have it.
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2014, 19:50   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
I have just ordered the cable for $18.99. http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6188021648.html Hopefully, it would work fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
I've ordered the cable from the same dealer too. Hopefully it works. Fingers crossed.
Today, got the VCDS cable from aliexpress, and it is working fine :-).
Tried the following
- Indicator celebration/needle sweep
- Locking/unlocking with audible feedback
Old 24th August 2014, 08:53   #65
BHPian

Does the cable from AliExpress also include the software? If not, then where can the software be downloaded from?

Any other Hardware or software required other than this?

Planning to buy the following-

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/VAG-C...890334133.html

Would this be a good buy? or can someone pls advise me on an alternate
Old 24th August 2014, 12:49   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_2rahjo View Post
Does the cable from AliExpress also include the software? If not, then where can the software be downloaded from?

Yes they include patched software to work with the cable. But be aware that most pirated versions have a trojan virus embedded in the main executable VCDS.exe file. Any half decent anti virus will quarantine that file, rendering the software useless. You need to switch off any anti virus to make it work.

May I suggest that if you want awesome customer support, you buy from a shop called dev_tech bangalore, which sells on ebay India.
StarScream is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 08:31   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_2rahjo View Post

Software(12.12.0) is also delivered along with the cable. you do not need anything else(other than a windows laptop).

I have bought the cable from the same vendor(autoprofessional), and VCDS is working fine. Even Gannu has bought from the Aliexpress, it is working fine for him too. So, I guess this should work even for you.

But as Robi had mentioned in one of his posts that it might be a hit/miss. So there is a very small chance of this not working for you .
Old 25th August 2014, 09:37   #68
BHPian

Thank you all for your help in this. I just ordered the cable. Totally understand that it could be a hit or miss, but Rs 1200/- (approx) quoted for the cable was just too sweet to resist. Let's see how my gamble pays off when I receive it.
Old 25th August 2014, 09:54   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robimahanta View Post

Modules available
Attachment 1253476
What is Steering Assist?
Old 25th August 2014, 12:13   #70
BHPian

Steering assist is eps or module that controls power steering settings (electro mechanical power steering)
Old 25th August 2014, 12:51   #71
BANNED

so...

1. can the steering feel be made "heavier/sharper/more feedback" via this module ?

2. Also can the brakes module be changed to provide more "bite/feedback ?

thanks

Last edited by rana_kirti : 25th August 2014 at 12:53.
Old 25th August 2014, 13:26   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
so...
2. Also can the brakes module be changed to provide more "bite/feedback ?
thanks
"Try changing the XDS to strong in VCDS" mentioned by Prithwi in the following page
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...aby-tsi-9.html
shetty_rohan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 11:43   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
1. Emergency Braking Flashing lights
2. Locking - audible feedback (Horn)
3. Changed Time to 24 Hours, Earlier was 12H
4. Changed RCD 510 8 speaker mode to 4 speaker mode (not treble speakers in my Vento)
5. Changed Reverse Buzzer tone to subtle Audi type sound.
Can you please tell us how to achieve "Changed Reverse Buzzer tone to subtle Audi type sound"?
Old 26th August 2014, 12:01   #74
BHPian

You need to go to parking assist and adapt speaker tone. It has 1 to 10 levels. Select lower number for deeper sound
newtonMeter is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 19:15   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Steering assist is eps or module that controls power steering settings (electro mechanical power steering)
You can't adjust the weight of the steering through this. Are there any tweaks possible in this module?

Also, I set XDS to strong last year itself and understeer has completely vanished. The car holds its line through a corner very well.
Setting brake assist to early also improved feedback from the brake pedal. When I drove another TSi which had it at the stock setting, the difference was immediately noticeable.

Last edited by mango_pal : 26th August 2014 at 19:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks