Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2019, 12:24   #1291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
The solution is an issue as the LED strip isn't available.
If you're looking for a replacement, it's available at motohid.pl
They generally deliver to within couple weeks.
nerd1200 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2019, 12:38   #1292
BHPian

Re: Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
You would need to check the fuses and relays as a start. Was under the impression that the AC compressor was purely mechanical. It might also point to the fact that the electromechanical clutch might have failed. That costs under 10k
Already checked all the relevant fuses and relays. Also this is a new compressor which we ordered online 2 months back and got it fixed in local FNG. This is clutchless compressor, N280 regulator valve does the clutch job.
Old 28th July 2019, 00:41   #1293
BHPian

Hi guys,

I have recently faced a peculiar issue with Laura 1.8 TSI. The engine took a long time to crank and it used to stall after 5-10 seconds with a battery warning light coming on. This happened 8-10 times after which it became normal. There were no warning lights after that. I am hearing a mild sqeaking noise during cranking.

Just concerned about the issue, what might be the cause?

Thank you
Old 31st July 2019, 13:10   #1294
BHPian

Sorry for bumping on this thread but I need some help regarding my Jetta. The Side rear view mirror of Jetta is having some issues. Just to give the complete picture My Jetta has manual folding rear view mirrors. Yesterday the folding option got free due to some reason. Which means it's moving freely now and doesn't stay on the same place while driving. The glass is perfect and the electronic adjustment is also working fine only the manual folding of the mirror has a problem. Can someone help me with a solution for the same? Don't even know how this happened as mostly this happened when the car was parked.
Old 1st August 2019, 10:35   #1295
BHPian

Rubber beading on my LAURA has worn out, doors are making squeaking noise when the car is driven over uneven roads, the only refuge I could foresee is change of beading for all four doors. OEM beading from Skoda seems to be an expensive affair, can someone suggest an alternate to it.
varoon9999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2019, 11:53   #1296
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varoon9999 View Post
Rubber beading on my LAURA has worn out, doors are making squeaking noise when the car is driven over uneven roads, the only refuge I could foresee is change of beading for all four doors. OEM beading from Skoda seems to be an expensive affair, can someone suggest an alternate to it.
If the beadings are not really damaged or cut anywhere, just spray silicone lubricating spray on them everywhere and that will stop the rubbing noises for 3-4 months. I used to do this on my Yeti which had squeaky door beadings right from day one.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2019, 12:11   #1297
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
Sorry for bumping on this thread but I need some help regarding my Jetta. The Side rear view mirror of Jetta is having some issues. Just to give the complete picture My Jetta has manual folding rear view mirrors. Yesterday the folding option got free due to some reason. Which means it's moving freely now and doesn't stay on the same place while driving. The glass is perfect and the electronic adjustment is also working fine only the manual folding of the mirror has a problem. Can someone help me with a solution for the same? Don't even know how this happened as mostly this happened when the car was parked.
Should be a cheap fix considering it isn't an electronically folding unit. Someone might have carelessly forced it open when the car was parked and this might have happened.

Go to the service centre and get it checked. The hinge which facilitates the movement is most probably broken. Try and tape the mirror in place as repeated dangling could damage the electronic adjustment wires.
Old 1st August 2019, 13:15   #1298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
If the beadings are not really damaged or cut anywhere, just spray silicone lubricating spray on them everywhere and that will stop the rubbing noises for 3-4 months. I used to do this on my Yeti which had squeaky door beadings right from day one.

Thanks Behemoth!!

Let me try WD-40 for lubricating them, can't we install good quality generic beading and get this resolved. OEM beading is for whooping 4500/- each , I don't see any point investing 20k only on beading alone.
Old 1st August 2019, 14:07   #1299
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varoon9999 View Post
Thanks Behemoth!!

Let me try WD-40 for lubricating them, can't we install good quality generic beading and get this resolved. OEM beading is for whooping 4500/- each , I don't see any point investing 20k only on beading alone.
Dont use WD40 as that is a white kerosene based lubricant which harms rubber. Better to use only silicone based sprays. This is what I use
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B001CZSGTY/..._ArQqDb9V9271G
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2019, 12:55   #1300

Re: Intermittet Check Light

Quote:
I don't know how long the thing from Aliexpress will last, but even if it does for 1 year its full 'Paisa Vasool'. Let me know if you need the link.
Maverick 1977 can u pls share the link as my car shows the same error and Charcoal filter needs to be replaced. Its costing 12k at SASS.
Old 11th August 2019, 00:24   #1301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by $t@llion kh@n View Post
Maverick 1977 can u pls share the link as my car shows the same error and Charcoal filter needs to be replaced. Its costing 12k at SASS.
This is the online store on Aliexpress where I ordered from - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/r3awzCy. I even paid for shipping as I wanted it to reach quickly.
Old 11th August 2019, 12:54   #1302

Quote:
This is the online store on Aliexpress where I ordered from - https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/r3awzCy. I even paid for shipping as I wanted it to reach quickly.
Thanks for sharing the link. I will order from here only.
Did u pay anything for Customs?
$t@llion kh@n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2019, 11:11   #1303
Senior - BHPian

My car's charcoal filter had gone. While Maverick had posted the link for Aliexpress, I decided to get it changed at SASS. The canister is for 7962 including taxes and they charged Rs.262 to change it.

I have had many hits and misses with Ali Express products and I didn't want to take chance with an engine component. Correct activated charcoal filter is important for smooth idling of the engine. Also sometimes the valve on top gets stuck, and for that you need that to be replaced as well.

Considering the peace of mind, I didn't mind the slightly extra dough.
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 17:53   #1304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csr9 View Post
Just concerned about the issue, what might be the cause?
Thank you
Not sure if you still have the issue.
Squeaking noise would indicate weak/slipping v-belts. If slipping, it could cause crank delay. Also, while at it check the bearings.

In-case the issue is addressed and rectified, please post the resolution.

Thanks!
Old 10th September 2019, 08:45   #1305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd1200 View Post
Not sure if you still have the issue.
Squeaking noise would indicate weak/slipping v-belts. If slipping, it could cause crank delay. Also, while at it check the bearings.

In-case the issue is addressed and rectified, please post the resolution.

Thanks!
Had experienced this issue again. It is happening on a warm engine. It does start normally after sometime. Suspecting a faulty fuel pump.
csr9 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks