Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2019, 13:46   #1276
BHPian

Re: Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd1200 View Post
Guys, Question for anyone who got the New Skoda emblems on the Laura - what is the size of the front and rear emblems? Also, any idea if I can get it fitted anywhere in Bangalore?
I reached out to ASS and an FNG, they said that it cannot be done since the pins were different for the old and new ones.
Hi Nerd1200,

Yes, new emblems can be easily fixed on Laura. I've got the same fixed on my ride. Newer logos has pins at the rear, which is easily removable. Post removal of said pins, use aradlite or equivalent adhesive to paste the sticker at designated place.
Logo size is 90MM(front) & 80MM(rear). Some pictures for your ready reference, I ordered them from Aliexpress
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread-img_6168.jpg  

Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread-img_6167.jpg  

Old 30th May 2019, 12:55   #1277
BHPian

Hi guys.

My 2012 Skoda Laura TSI has been through a very bad round of workshops recently.

I had a coolant leakage issue for which I was suffering in May 2018.

I took my car to JMD Service, Kandivali, Mumbai and I was told that the water pump is leaking and has to be changed.
The water pump was replaced and I was told that my radiator is also leaking which has to be replaced. So I took the car to my mechanic in Andheri where the radiator was repaired and a couple of hoses were changed too.

Flash to 2019 May and I was suffering from the same coolant leakage issue. One day upon inspection, my mechanic pointed out that the water pump is leaky. I called up JMD Service and to my luck, the water pump was under warranty.

They said that they will replace the water pump under warranty. I was also told that there were In-out hose pipe leaky and one of the elbow's found leaky. I asked them to change those too.

The real problem starts now.

Two hours before taking the delivery, I was told that they have found that Cylinder 1 coil was misfiring. I have red-top coils in my car which have been installed from N1 Racing, Mumbai.

I tell them that I am coming to pick up the car regardless.
Please note that I have driven the car to the workshop myself. AND there was no misfire detected at all.

I take the car delivery and the car is shuddering badly. I very slowly take the car all the way to N1 Lower Parel.

N1 guys immediately remove the red-top coils and put stock coils to see which coil is faulty where they see that all 4 cylinders are misfiring.
Upon further inspection, the intake manifold bolts were slipping!! There was a problem with the injectors too.

I ask the N1 guys to solve this and I decide to talk to the Skoda guys on email.

Over a phone call with the service manager, he had the guts to tell me that the intake manifold was not removed to access the water pump! I have pictures sent to me by my service advisor with the intake manifold removed!!

I have been writing to them and collecting all the stupid answers I have been getting from JMD service to be able to send it all to Skoda India.

I am completely out of my wits end with JMD SKoda.
I need your help with getting an email id where I can send this mail trail where the customer is taken for granted.

Please help.

DM99

Last edited by aah78 : 22nd July 2019 at 17:46. Reason: Post spacing fixed.
dhawalmakwana99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 12:16   #1278
BHPian

Hi Friends,

One of my friend's Skoda Laura is giving lots of trouble with respect to engine light coming on randomly, AC stops working intermittently, etc. So he wants to scan the car to check for any errors in the ecu. If any of you have VCDS scanner and ready to spare the same for some time, it would be of great help. Or if you can suggest any genuine place, where they can do the scan for a nominal price.

Last edited by aah78 : 22nd July 2019 at 17:47. Reason: Post fixed.
Old 31st May 2019, 14:25   #1279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varoon9999 View Post
Hi Nerd1200,

Yes, new emblems can be easily fixed on Laura. I've got the same fixed on my ride. Newer logos has pins at the rear, which is easily removable. Post removal of said pins, use aradlite or equivalent adhesive to paste the sticker at designated place.
Logo size is 90MM(front) & 80MM(rear). Some pictures for your ready reference, I ordered them from Aliexpress
Thanks for your help Varoon. Let me order them off AliExpress as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbalagru6 View Post
Hi Friends,

One of my friend's skoda laura is giving lots of trouble with respect to engine light coming on randomly, ac stops working intermittently, etc. So he wants to scan the car to check for any errors in the ecu. If any of you have VCDS scanner and ready to spare the same for some time, it would be of great help. Or if you can suggest any genuine place, where they can do the scan for a nominal price.
I see you're in Bangalore. I have a vcds and would be happy to help, please dm me.
Alternatively, you can ask him to take it to Skoda ASSC. They'll charge 250+taxes for the scan.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 22nd July 2019 at 17:25. Reason: Edited to remove extra line spaces.
nerd1200 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2019, 22:21   #1280
Distinguished - BHPian

A bit of help needed from VAG owners here. I own a Volkswagen Jetta 2.0 TDI and sent it for a checkup since it had been 7.5K km since the last major service. I had also noticed that the oil level was now slightly below the half way mark on the dipstick. The oil was topped up (about 300 ml went in) and the rest was returned. I have never topped oil up between services so a few questions:

- Is 250-300 ml of oil consumption normal in 7500 km of running?

- The car is running a stage 1 remap. Could it be because of this? The S.A claims it is normal for an engine to consume a bit of oiL especially when the ambient temperatures are hot. It is 42 degrees here and the car is also used sometimes for short journeys on weekends apart from being driven 40km everyday.

I had posted a query on the Jetta thread but received no reply, so decided to try my luck here.

The Laura also uses the same engine. Has anyone faced similar consumption?

My car has done 65,000 Km.

Last edited by vishy76 : 31st May 2019 at 22:25.
Old 3rd June 2019, 13:45   #1281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhawalmakwana99 View Post
Hi guys.

My 2012 Skoda Laura TSI has been through a very bad round of workshops recently.

I had a coolant leakage issue for which I was suffering in May 2018.

I took my car to JMD Service, Kandivali, Mumbai and I was told that the water pump is leaking and has to be changed.
The water pump was replaced and I was told that my radiator is also leaking which has to be replaced. So I took the car to my mechanic in Andheri where the radiator was repaired and a couple of hoses were changed too.

Flash to 2019 May and I was suffering from the same coolant leakage issue. One day upon inspection, my mechanic pointed out that the water pump is leaky. I called up JMD Service and to my luck, the water pump was under warranty.
Hi, sorry to hear about your issues. I had similar issue with my TSi at Skoda Nashik. I guess I was there at N1 when u brought the car. Black TSi with yellow tinted HLs right? Has your issue been solved? What was wrong with it?

Last edited by benbsb29 : 22nd July 2019 at 17:26. Reason: Long post quote trimmed.
Old 3rd June 2019, 14:11   #1282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanmay324 View Post
Hi, sorry to hear about your issues. I had similar issue with my TSi at Skoda Nashik. I guess I was there at N1 when u brought the car. Black TSi with yellow tinted HLs right? Has your issue been solved? What was wrong with it?
Yes, that is my car.
What was the issue with your car? Heak Skoda Nasik right?

My issue is now one hose which has to be changed to stop the leakage and my car is knocking. I have to send the car to N1. Will be doing it this week.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 22nd July 2019 at 17:26. Reason: Edited to remove extra line spaces.
Old 3rd June 2019, 14:27   #1283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I need your help with getting an email id where I can send this mail trail where the customer is taken for granted.

Please help

Sent you a DM with the emails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post

The Laura also uses the same engine. Has anyone faced similar consumption?
300ml in 7.5k Kms is a very reasonable consumption. Don't fret too much.

The TSI engine in the Laura on the other hand consumes similar amounts of oil in 1000 Kms. So I think you are ok.
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 14:32   #1284
BHPian

Quote:
What was the issue with your car? Heak Skoda Nasik right?
Yes, Heak Auto, Nashik. My car had a leaking timing case and a leaky water pump. I decided against Heak as they were not sure about where the leak was. and got the job done at N1. Its been running great since then. Also did a stage 1 remap.

Last edited by aah78 : 22nd July 2019 at 17:46. Reason: Post fixed. Quote trimmed.
Old 17th July 2019, 12:14   #1285
BHPian

Today morning while starting the car, the orange Fused Bulb light on the dashboard lit up. The only lights that were 'On' at that point in time were the DRL's which I had re-activated last evening. There is a slight background to this story.
I had driven down to Goa in the last week of May and on the very 1st day this very same light came up. I noticed that the right DRL was not lighting up. Since I had the cable, I deactivated the DRLs and voila the light turned off.
Last evening I wanted to see which bulb had blown, so I connected the cable and reactivated the DRLs. To my surprise both of them lit up without any fuss. No lights on the dash either.
However today morning the fused bulb light was again glowing in the dash, but to my surprise both the DRLs are working fine. I dont have the cable with me right now so no way to deactivate them till evening.
What could be the issue here? Am I missing something? Do I need to reset some parameters for the dashboard light to turn off? Anyone has faced a similar issue and has got a solution, please enlighten.
Maverick1977 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 17:04   #1286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Today morning while starting the car, the orange Fused Bulb light on the dashboard lit up. The only lights that were 'On' at that point in time were the DRL's which I had re-activated last evening. There is a slight background to this story.
AFAIK the light you are seeing corresponds to external lights. Check all bulbs of headlights and taillights, fogs and indicators. If anyone of them is burnt or if there's any carbon on connectors it will light up. Mine lights up if the car is in rain for long periods as right mirror indicator is a bit exposed.

NOTE FROM SUPPORT: Please avoid quoting large posts entirely. Quote only relevant portions of posts.

Last edited by aah78 : 22nd July 2019 at 17:45. Reason: Quote trimmed. See Note.
tanmay324 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 18:07   #1287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd1200 View Post
I see you're in Bangalore. I have a vcds and would be happy to help, please dm me.
Alternatively, you can ask him to take it to Skoda ASSC. They'll charge 250+taxes for the scan.
Thanks to Deb, we could try out his VCDS in my friend's Laura . Based on the experience now he has purchased his own VCDS cable & software.

Below is the reading we observe, while scanning HVAC module when the AC is not working. The compressor current (actual) doesn't show any value. What could be the reason for it?
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Laura: Problems & solutions thread-whatsapp-image-20190717-2.57.29-pm.jpeg  

Old 22nd July 2019, 18:49   #1288
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbalagru6 View Post
Below is the reading we observe, while scanning HVAC module when the AC is not working. The compressor current (actual) doesn't show any value. What could be the reason for it?
You would need to check the fuses and relays as a start. Was under the impression that the AC compressor was purely mechanical. It might also point to the fact that the electromechanical clutch might have failed. That costs under 10k
Old 22nd July 2019, 22:26   #1289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Anyone has faced a similar issue and has got a solution, please enlighten.
I do face this sometimes when turning on my headlamps real fast. But the warning goes away when I restart the car. I believe that in case of LEDs or HIDs, the BCM doesn't get the correct voltage readings intermittently during startup checks (since hids and leds consume lower wattage). These errors aren't logged and because I don't see them on vcds scan. In case of actual bulb failure, the warning should stay on even after restarting the car. Since the BCM checks would fail consistently in such cases.

However, if in doubt, run the output test sequence in Central electronics module to confirm.
nerd1200 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 22:42   #1290
BHPian

Firstly thank you for your suggestions Tannmay and Nerd12. I ran a scan and the culprit is the 3rd brake light. I also learnt that even though this is made of LED bulbs it tends to fail. The solution is an issue as the LED strip isn't available. I don't know what to do now. Opening the thing is a chore as it requires the entire back cover to be opened up inside the boot. My electrician was of the opinion that this might be a waste of time because if the strip is gone nothing can be done.

I am wondering if a regular strip of LED bulbs will do the trick. Has anyone else faced this same issue? If you have a solution to this please help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks