Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2012, 11:10   #3466
BANNED

re: Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanak View Post
Could you please explain:

''All that was needed at the next service were a few clips, costing about Rs.45 each!''
The inspection by the mechanic reported that there were some clips missing. I believe these went missing due to the crunching of the bottom when I went over the numerous (unofficial) bumps.

I was discussing these with the owner of a major transporter chain. His comment was that once an accident happens on a road, they probably construct the fellow's grave right across the road.

Last edited by sgiitk : 18th June 2012 at 11:13. Reason: Typo
Old 18th June 2012, 13:56   #3467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
The inspection by the mechanic reported that there were some clips missing. I believe these went missing due to the crunching of the bottom when I went over the numerous (unofficial) bumps.
Understood.Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I was discussing these with the owner of a major transporter chain. His comment was that once an accident happens on a road, they probably construct the fellow's grave right across the road.
hahahaha.Absolutely hilarious.
Old 19th June 2012, 20:28   #3468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Future Generali sent in a reminder with a premium value of ~ 13.5 K with a IDV value of ~ 4.7 lac.Also mentioned in the letter was that in case of a claim the renewal premium would shoot up to ~21k.Wonder why it would happen that the premium would increase.

Needless to say i am not going with Future Generali and have opted for SBI general.The policy will start from 1 july the day existing policy expires.
Got the insurance renewed from SBI. Premium paid is 10800 for a IDV of 5.05 lacs.Below are the break up details.NCB was transferred from future generali to my existing policy.

SBI GIC LTD – Motor Quote

Vehicle (Make & Model) Honda Civic
Vehicle (Variant) 1.8S MT
Fuel Type Petrol
Age Of Driver Taken 33 years
Date Of Registration 10/1/2007
I D V of Vehicle 5,05,000
NCB(%) 20%
OD Premium Rs.7,322.96
Legal Lib to Driver Rs.25
3rd Party Lib Rs.2,853
PA 2lakh to Owner Driver Rs.100
Optional PA(50,000) to UP Rs.125
Service Tax Rs.1,278
Insurance Premium Rs.11,615
Final Premium after discount adjustment is Rs.10,801.
Old 20th June 2012, 09:32   #3469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Can you please suggest a good horn for the Civic (I intend to have this, in addition to the stock ones).

Hi, Can you please provide a recommendation for the above query?

In addition, my 2010 VAT is having the IDV set at 11.2 and the premium paid was 32k. Its from Honda Assure.
This will be due for renewal in December. Any suggestion on the renewal part?
Is the 'Optional PA cover for 5 persons' worth to keep? Its getting in an additional 500.

Last edited by sarathlal : 20th June 2012 at 09:34.
Old 20th June 2012, 10:04   #3470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Don't worry about it. Mine had an almighty body length scrape when I was forced off the Nahargarh ghat road near Jaipur by a tourist bus on a tight curve. It was so bad that a Sumo cabbie behind said bus grimaced hard on hearing the sound.

The G-CON shell is solid metal underneath.

A scrape of the kind you have mentioned will usually not affect 1. and 4., and also *most* of 2. and 3.
Regards,
spadix
Sent the vehicle for service today with a specifc note to check underbody damages thoroughly.Extremely happy to hear that there were no damages from the trip.All is well with the car including battery with mileage reading 46100 kms as on date.Not bad for a 2010 November Civic eh?

Last edited by ramanak : 20th June 2012 at 10:08.
Old 20th June 2012, 20:51   #3471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sent the vehicle for service today with a specifc note to check underbody damages thoroughly.Extremely happy to hear that there were no damages from the trip.All is well with the car including battery with mileage reading 46100 kms as on date.Not bad for a 2010 November Civic eh?
Not bad at all, and that's some serious mileage for a 1.5 year-old big-engined petrol!

How about the tyres and suspension bits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
In addition, my 2010 VAT is having the IDV set at 11.2 and the premium paid was 32k. Its from Honda Assure.
This will be due for renewal in December. Any suggestion on the renewal part?
Is the 'Optional PA cover for 5 persons' worth to keep? Its getting in an additional 500.
If you have the time and inclination, get quotes from multiple insurance companies. Contact some DSAs rather than getting online quotes. They'll give you far lesser rates (example quotes in my ownership thread).

The optional PA cover for 5 persons is just like any other term insurance thing. If your passengers are sufficiently covered otherwise, the marginal cover you get here (of some 50k INR or 1l INR) won't make much of a difference. On the other hand, insurance is one of those rare things where people tend to bet for rather than against the odds, so INR 500 per year for an additional 50k/1l INR/head may make sense.

Regards,
spadix

Last edited by spadix : 20th June 2012 at 20:58.
spadix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2012, 21:14   #3472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All is well with the car including battery with mileage reading 46100 kms as on date.Not bad for a 2010 November Civic eh?
Well, thats some great mileage you have managed to clock in less than 2 years. Mine in sharp contrast being a March 2010 Civic has covered 8500 km as on date.
Old 20th June 2012, 22:26   #3473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Not bad at all, and that's some serious mileage for a 1.5 year-old big-engined petrol!

How about the tyres and suspension bits?

Regards,
spadix

Tyres are stock B250 which had done 41K Km before the trip and had 3 punctures.Was skeptical of doing the trip on tyres with so much mileage.But thankfully they did not give in.Had a Puncture kit and Foot pump for back up.Hence took the risk.

Now it is time for change,Am going through the Civic shoes thread for information.Possible options am considering are : Primacy LC stock size (Quoted 5950 in Chennai) or Turanza ER 300 Stock size (Quoted 5800). I need long life tyres
which are reliable on rough roads /Off road conditions with good Wet and Dry Grip.Will research more before taking the final call.At the moment,I am inclined more towards Turanza which has a toughened Side wall per Bridgestone website.

Suspension is doing fine.Only issue I had so far is the Engine mount change done under warranty.Thats Ok since Civic has seen some rough terrain.

Last edited by ramanak : 20th June 2012 at 22:33.
Old 21st June 2012, 11:05   #3474
BANNED

@ramanak; Both Primacy and Turanza should be Ok. T think the Primacy due to its high silica content may be more durable.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2012, 12:25   #3475
BHPian

Quote:
Possible options am considering are : Primacy LC stock size (Quoted 5950 in Chennai) or Turanza ER 300 Stock size (Quoted 5800). I need long life tyres which are reliable on rough roads /Off road conditions with good Wet and Dry Grip.
I replaced 4 no.s Primacy LC stock size in the fist week of May 2012.
Bought them for Rs.5,650 a piece.

My earlier PLC lasted 51K, so they are long lasting.
However I think they are soft and need careful handling (going by many experiences here on team-bhp).
Personally I was/am very satisfied with it, they are extremely smooth and makes very low noise at high speeds on good roads.
Old 21st June 2012, 15:56   #3476
Senior - BHPian

I am having 205 65 R 15 (BS ER60) on my car and a 195 65 R 15 (yoko AVS db) in the spare which i do not intent to use due to the size difference.But i wanted to know if i were to get a 205 65 R15 for the spare later on would it fit comfortably in the trunk i would have to wrestle with it to get it into place ?. I have a alloy wheel for a spare in the trunk.

thanks
Old 21st June 2012, 19:30   #3477
BHPian

Manim,Sumeet

In case you drove through rough roads,How has been the PLC /BS ER60's performance on those kind of roads? Did they get punctured frequently/Damaged while driving on Rough roads/Village roads?

BS dealer also mentioned about a new model, Ecopia (6000 per tyre in Bangalore) for Civic.Will check it out and post details for benefit of all.If some one is already using Ecopia,please post your experience.

Thanks.

Last edited by ramanak : 21st June 2012 at 19:44.
Old 22nd June 2012, 13:29   #3478
Senior - BHPian

in case any one is interested in seeing how the rear wheel assembly looks like.
Honda Civic : Maintenance, Service Costs and Must dos-rear-wheel-assmbly.jpg
Old 22nd June 2012, 15:46   #3479
Senior - BHPian

It's time to change brake pads on my car (not sure if discs also need replacement). If discs need replacement, then I will go for Brembo blanks. They definitely need skimming.

I am planning to upgrade Axxis ULT instead of OE brake pads. Not that I am unhappy with the OEM stuff, but Axxis is considered an upgrade and seems to be cheaper than what Honda quotes. I am planning to get these from US.

Now few questions:
1. How to determine what size/model pads will fit for Indian Civic? (will it be same as US Civic sedans, I doubt though)?
2. Will honda dealership put aftermarket pads if I provide them?
3. Any idea at what thickness of discs does it needs replacement?

Last edited by ST7677 : 22nd June 2012 at 15:50.
Old 22nd June 2012, 22:39   #3480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How has been the PLC /BS ER60's performance on those kind of roads?
Hello ramanak,

I have not yet driven on too many rough roads but from other people's experiences it seems the tyres can withstand a fair amount of abuse.Additonal thing is i have found the tyres a bit noisy when i was driving on cemented roads with the windows down.The tyres give a distinct chapak chapak sound when going over adulations on the road.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks